[ROM][5.1.1] OmniROM 5.1 for GT-I9105/P Initial Build [03/21/2015]

Search This thread

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Who's device tree you used?
And have you applied patches for cm12 or?
I use an edited one from andi, for patch it's already integrated but need to adapt some commits to get, ril and camera works :)

For who ask the download and when will be available, OmniROM is based on pure aosp source, so working on it's not so easy, it'a a miracle getting boot, gps and launcher worked fine, so i think it's a good challenge for me :)

Btw during this "probably" i will download cm-12.1 staging branch and some tests

beegee

Aug 12, 2013
Belgrade
Huawei P40 Pro
I use an edited one from andi, for patch it's already integrated but need to adapt some commits to get, ril and camera works :)

For who ask the download and when will be available, OmniROM is based on pure aosp source, so working on it's not so easy, it'a a miracle getting boot, gps and launcher worked fine, so i think it's a good challenge for me :)

Btw during this "probably" i will download cm-12.1 staging branch and some tests

When ROM will be available?

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
New update:
I fix RIL partially mean data is not working yet, so I will upload my latest build for who would like to test the 5.1, so I download AOSP 5.1 and all patches are applyed as well, I just need to recreate a compatibile device tree to get pure AOSP, happy weekend:p:p

Edited: upload finish, report me for other bugs, thats help to fix them, thankx :)

Last edited:

cracker12

Jun 10, 2013
New update:
I fix RIL partially mean data is not working yet, so I will upload my latest build for who would like to test the 5.1, so I download AOSP 5.1 and all patches are applyed as well, I just need to recreate a compatibile device tree to get pure AOSP, happy weekend:p:p

Edited: upload finish, report me for other bugs, thats help to fix them, thankx :)

Good work, it is an big update go on :)

Reactions: haky 86

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Haky my man, you did a good job again
Go and check pawitp's patches, he builded fully working 5.1 AOSP for Grand

This patches is interesting because frameworks/av/base are already integrated but I guess some commits are missed, BTW these patches are worked without problems and make new tree for aosp, I will post screenshot once booted of AOSP 5.1 ;)

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: thedoginme87

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
I tested for a while the rom and i find this problem...
Sound don't work, camera don't open give FC, apollo don't play maybe because of sound problem, data don't work but ril works...
that is

Nice, I check frameworks, not all patches are apply so I do it manually, probably we'll have worked omni for next week. :):)

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Free mobile app

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
I will releas the final and fully worked omni, so I will not care anymore about sim protection carrier because i am developing roms for unlocked phones, no brand and without any limitation by provider, limitation of provider is not my problem.

Reactions: nico933

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About OmniROM
    Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap. What’s the point in giving you a ROM, and forcing you to not tell us about any bugs you find?
    Note:
    No screenshots? i can't take screenshots because the camera is not working, i am trying to do the best to get OmniROM work perfect on our
    device, thanks a lot fot the patient.

Special Thanks
    @pawitp for fantastic works on i9082 patches.
    @CoolDevelopment and @GHsR for helping me to get booted.
    and of course all devs of of this device.

Downloads:
    • Click here to download it.

LOG
    • 03/20/2015:
      -got Omni 5.1 booted.
      -NFC: fixed.
      -WIFI: fixed.
      -GPS: fixed.
      -Launcher3: fixed.
      -rebuild with adapted frameworks/av patch to fix
      camera and screenshot and many things.
    • 03/21/2015:
      -RIL fixed partially, because data connection is still not working .
    • 03/29/2015:
      -Redownload OmniROM based on the latest source.
      -Rebase the source with new changes for AOSP.
    • 04/28/2014:
      -start new build with 5.1.1.
      -dont ask ETA.

Issues:
    • Home button is not working.
    • RIL shoud be fixed.
    For who want to test first demo of aosp 5.1, click here.
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2-plus/orig-development/rom-aosp-lollipop-gt-i9105p-t3061664

I will provide to fix the rest of bugs soon :)
    Got Android 5.1 booted with omni now I will recompile with adapted patches, it's really fast.
    My ladies, i got AOSP 5.1 worked, the bug to resolve is camera, the rest work perfect. see you on Original Android section ;)
    New update: