[Q] 4.2.2 original kernel on cyanogenmod 11?

23rd June 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Hi all!

Browsing on the internet, I found that camera quality is better on stock rom than CM11 probably due to "generic" camera drivers instead of proprietary ones. A lack of drivers seems to be the cause of failure of the radio too.

Well, I know that is possible to extract and flash samsung kernel image from original rom, but i was wondering if it would work on CM11.

I don't know very much about this "low level" stuff, is there anyone that could explain me if flashing original samsung kernel on CM11 would work/not work and what kind of problems could it cause?

Thank you in advance!
23rd June 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobo27

Hi all!

Browsing on the internet, I found that camera quality is better on stock rom than CM11 probably due to "generic" camera drivers instead of proprietary ones. A lack of drivers seems to be the cause of failure of the radio too.

Well, I know that is possible to extract and flash samsung kernel image from original rom, but i was wondering if it would work on CM11.

I don't know very much about this "low level" stuff, is there anyone that could explain me if flashing original samsung kernel on CM11 would work/not work and what kind of problems could it cause?

Thank you in advance!

since there are two separate versions of any kernel, AOSP and TouchWiz, I don't think they're interchangeable. stock kernel wont work on AOSP (CM and such) and AOSP kernel wont work on TouchWiz.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread