I followed the step-by-step guide on this page:
- used the CWM 22.214.171.124 and Odin3 0.7
- after successfull flash of the PDA with this recovery (manualy unset the auto-reboot option) I have pulled the battery out for a couple of seconds
- the battery came back in again and with home-volUP-Power I got directly to the new CWM recovery.
So thanx all for your support and you can lock this thread as everything is working now.
DETAILED STEPS FOR INSTALLING CWM RECOVERY IF THE PHONE AUTOMATICALLY RE_FLASHES IT:
1. Be sure, that your device is on 4.2.2 stock firmware and shut down the phone
2. Be sure that Samsung drivers are installed on your pc. Just install Kies or google for them
3. Download Odin 3.07(google it) and the CWM-Recovery image (in this case CWM 126.96.36.199
4. Open Odin as administrator
5. Start-up the phone by pressing Vol_DOWN + Home + Power so you get into the flash-menu.
6. After reading the disclaimer and warning stuff - simply press Vol_UP and plug the USB cable to the PC and Phone
7. In ODIN click on PDA and select the downloaded CWM-recovery (*filename*.tar.md5) . Check - "F. Reset Time" and UNCHECK!! -> "Auto Reboot"
8. Click start and wait until the blue progress bar in your device is graphicaly 100% (I also suggest to wait another minute to make things sure..)
9. Pull out the battery
10. Pull out the uSB cable from PC and phone
11. Wait abou 10-15 seconds and power up your phone to get into the recovery menu by pressing: Vol_UP + Home + Power