Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not able to install - always standard recovery menu

Tip us?

Worko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not able to install - always standard recovery menu

Hello guys.

Im struggeling to install a custom ROM at the stage of installing a CWM recovery. My S2 plus 9105p runs Android 4.2.2 and everytime I try to upload a recovery img via Odin everything works fine as expected but when I try to start (volume up, home, power) the recovery mode - it gets always into the standard Android one - not CWM recovery!!! It looks like Samsung has integrated some kind of security mechanism which keeps us from running custom ROMs...

I have realy tried maybe 5 different recovery images, but non of those worked for me.

Can you please help?

THX

karamancho
Old
Thanks Meter 8
try flashing the files used in this guide

Worko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karamancho View Post
try flashing the files used in this guide
I tried exactly also this particular site and steps described on it, but didn't help... The same problem. Everything was OK, but recovery was not CWM but standard Android one.

rs tony
Old
Thanks Meter 41
When u have flashed ur recorvery, take ur battery out and then plug battery again. And now go to recorvery.

Worko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Now it is WORKING !

Hi guys.

I followed the step-by-step guide on this page:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560928

- used the CWM 6.0.4.5 and Odin3 0.7
- after successfull flash of the PDA with this recovery (manualy unset the auto-reboot option) I have pulled the battery out for a couple of seconds
- the battery came back in again and with home-volUP-Power I got directly to the new CWM recovery.

So thanx all for your support and you can lock this thread as everything is working now.

DETAILED STEPS FOR INSTALLING CWM RECOVERY IF THE PHONE AUTOMATICALLY RE_FLASHES IT:

Installation

WITH ODIN
1. Be sure, that your device is on 4.2.2 stock firmware and shut down the phone
2. Be sure that Samsung drivers are installed on your pc. Just install Kies or google for them
3. Download Odin 3.07(google it) and the CWM-Recovery image (in this case CWM 6.0.4.5 )
4. Open Odin as administrator
5. Start-up the phone by pressing Vol_DOWN + Home + Power so you get into the flash-menu.
6. After reading the disclaimer and warning stuff - simply press Vol_UP and plug the USB cable to the PC and Phone
7. In ODIN click on PDA and select the downloaded CWM-recovery (*filename*.tar.md5) . Check - "F. Reset Time" and UNCHECK!! -> "Auto Reboot"
8. Click start and wait until the blue progress bar in your device is graphicaly 100% (I also suggest to wait another minute to make things sure..)
9. Pull out the battery
10. Pull out the uSB cable from PC and phone
11. Wait abou 10-15 seconds and power up your phone to get into the recovery menu by pressing: Vol_UP + Home + Power
12. DONE