Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,955 Members 52,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best custom ROM for S2+?

Tip us?

allard1997
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Best custom ROM for S2+?

I want to know what custom ROM I could use the best on my S2 Plus (i9105P)?
I want a stable and good performance ROM and with some features of course.

Currently I'm on Resurrection Remix v5.1.5 and I like the ROM so far but I want to know if there is a better, newer and maybe more stable ROM for my phone.

And if some of you think a ROM is better then Resurrection Remix also explain to me the difference between that ROM and Resurrection Remix.
Like what's better about it? Are there more features? Will I lose some stuff?

I like to test some ROM's but my S2 Plus is a phone that I daily use a lot so I need a stable ROM for it.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus: PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Asus Eee Pad Transformer: KatKiss-KitKat #032b

Samsung Galaxy Gio: JellyBread 5.1

rs tony
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by allard1997 View Post
I want to know what custom ROM I could use the best on my S2 Plus (i9105P)?
I want a stable and good performance ROM and with some features of course.

Currently I'm on Resurrection Remix v5.1.5 and I like the ROM so far but I want to know if there is a better, newer and maybe more stable ROM for my phone.

And if some of you think a ROM is better then Resurrection Remix also explain to me the difference between that ROM and Resurrection Remix.
Like what's better about it? Are there more features? Will I lose some stuff?

I like to test some ROM's but my S2 Plus is a phone that I daily use a lot so I need a stable ROM for it.
I use RR rom atm too. Maybe cyanogenmod M7 can be good rom. Heard about performance profiles. Also PAC-rom can be good too. PAC man is mix three of most popular roms: Paranoid android, Aopk(android open cource kang) and Cyanogenmod. So features gonna be rich.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

allard1997
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs tony View Post
I use RR rom atm too. Maybe cyanogenmod M7 can be good rom. Heard about performance profiles. Also PAC-rom can be good too. PAC man is mix three of most popular roms: Paranoid android, Aopk(android open cource kang) and Cyanogenmod. So features gonna be rich.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
About CM11 M7: Can you explain to me what performance profiles are exactly? And what are the difference in performance?

About PAC-man: I see it is still in beta so is it stable? And what features do I have more then on RR and what features will I miss? And what about the performance ?
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus: PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Asus Eee Pad Transformer: KatKiss-KitKat #032b

Samsung Galaxy Gio: JellyBread 5.1

cLick1338
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If I were you I'd make a little list of the features I use and the ones I absolutely need, and maybe the ones I would like to have. Then I would take a look through the different ROMs for our phone (they're not that many to be honest) and try out the promising ones. If you don't have the time, post the list here and we'd be able to help you out more easily.

Personally, I'm still switching ROMs around on my phone. Compatibility with a good kernel is a must for me (I use nebula). My musts are a black/dark UI toggle, lockscreen shortcuts, customizable quick settings, notifications and recent apps menu + statusbar traffic monitor. Things that I could otherwise do using Xposed Framework such as custom animations, progress bars etc. are just bonuses. Those things are found in pretty much every ROM so all that remains is a question of finding the lightest and most stable one.

Currently I've got my money on Dirty Unicorns - even for an early, unofficial build, it's pretty stable while offering everything I need. It's smooth and responsive, plus it's feature-rich - it offers pretty much what everybody else also has and allowed me to easily experiment with features I hadn't used before. This helped me find out what I want and what I don't want in a custom ROM.

happyrik
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi

Where I can find a custom rom list for our device?