[Q] My phone won't receive text messages.

Search This thread

bkbikardi

Jan 28, 2014
Melrose Park, IL
Hi guys,

I'm really upset right now, I just switched carriers from Lycamobile to Ultra Mobile. Porting my number took 5 days... I really like the deals that Ultra Mobile has, but I haven't been able to receive text messages since I switched. I CAN make/receive calls, send texts, and use the data, but not receive texts.

I've tried:

Taking the battery and SIM card out overnight
Factory reset
Sending a text to myself (which worked)
Flashing a new ROM (3 times)
Checking the SMSC number (It's correct)
Trying a third party messaging app
Wiping cache partition and dalvik cache
Clearing the messaging app's data and cache from the Application Manager in the settings
I've put my SIM card in another phone and waited 15 minutes, but nothing happened.

I've called Ultra Mobile customer service at least 10 times in 72 hours.
They tried resetting my texting service but that didn't work. They also said it's possible that the when I ported my number, there was a mix up and some of my services are stuck on my old carrier. (How the hell does that happen?) Then another guy told me that it says it was successfully completed on their end.

I just took it into the T-Mobile store near my house (Ultra Mobile uses T-Mobile towers) and they tried sending a text to me with the SIM in their phone, which worked. So I know that it's NOT the SIM card OR the service. It HAS to be something with my phone. I think it might be the settings, but since I factory reset it and it still doesn't work is really confusing me. Do any of you guys know a possible solution?

I'm using SAZY ROM 5.0 with that ROM's firmware. I tried Dirty Unicorns and ExSlim also.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
Hi guys,

I'm really upset right now, I just switched carriers from Lycamobile to Ultra Mobile. Porting my number took 5 days... I really like the deals that Ultra Mobile has, but I haven't been able to receive text messages since I switched. I CAN make/receive calls, send texts, and use the data, but not receive texts.

I've tried:

Taking the battery and SIM card out overnight
Factory reset
Sending a text to myself (which worked)
Flashing a new ROM (3 times)
Checking the SMSC number (It's correct)
Trying a third party messaging app
Wiping cache partition and dalvik cache
Clearing the messaging app's data and cache from the Application Manager in the settings
I've put my SIM card in another phone and waited 15 minutes, but nothing happened.

I've called Ultra Mobile customer service at least 10 times in 72 hours.
They tried resetting my texting service but that didn't work. They also said it's possible that the when I ported my number, there was a mix up and some of my services are stuck on my old carrier. (How the hell does that happen?) Then another guy told me that it says it was successfully completed on their end.

I just took it into the T-Mobile store near my house (Ultra Mobile uses T-Mobile towers) and they tried sending a text to me with the SIM in their phone, which worked. So I know that it's NOT the SIM card OR the service. It HAS to be something with my phone. I think it might be the settings, but since I factory reset it and it still doesn't work is really confusing me. Do any of you guys know a possible solution?

I'm using SAZY ROM 5.0 with that ROM's firmware. I tried Dirty Unicorns and ExSlim also.

Thanks in advanced.

flash stock as sometimes custom ROM have problem receiving text messages.

rs tony

Feb 15, 2014
Joroinen
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I got same problem too, but then i take off my sim card,I put it in other device, and then i go to textmessage settings, and I changed some kinda number of there it was something like textmessage center or something like that. I don't know do we have same problem, cuz i'm from finland.

kimkimkim09

Aug 26, 2014
It maybe with your Service Provider

"Having A Kind Heart In A Cruel World is courage, Not Weakness"

Press The Thanks Button If I Ever Helped You!

Reactions: bkbikardi

bkbikardi

Jan 28, 2014
Melrose Park, IL
I "fixed" it. Well, not really. I just switched service providers. I couldn't put up with that crap for much longer. But the service I switched to is much better. $20 for unlimited data and texting, and 500 (I believe) talk minutes. It's called "Red Pocket" if anyone wants to check it out. I think it runs on T-Mobile towers, not 100% sure though. Also, you need to unlock the phone, but it's worth it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It maybe with your Service Provider

"Having A Kind Heart In A Cruel World is courage, Not Weakness"

Press The Thanks Button If I Ever Helped You!