Android L Discussion

OP firewall105

26th June 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Does anyone think our phone will be able to run Android L? Or is it time to retire this phone and buy a new one?
27th June 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,140

10,310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall105

Does anyone think our phone will be able to run Android L? Or is it time to retire this phone and buy a new one?

Who knows. So far every update has been brought to the S2 from the devs.

But....the s2 is quite dated now. If you can get a new phone, I would. You'll be amazed. Lol

The Moto X and N5 are great, and cheap. If buying outright that is.
30th June 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ballico
Thanks Meter: 11

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall105

I am positive that our phone will receive Android L (although it may have to wait until its pushed into AOSP). There are numerous devs providing wide range of different Roms for our device. I find it extremely unlikely that all devs will discontinue support for a device whose hardware can support Android L. When KitKat was released a Cyanogenmod 11 ROM was made available in less than a week.

If you wish to upgrade, dev support should not be one of the reasons you choose to do so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799529

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

That is a link to a thread i started that should help endure the time before we get an Android L ROM.

30th June 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
I'm sure that we'll get it at some point in time.
The Following User Says Thank You to IncendiaryPyro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #5  
Flag Ballico
Thanks Meter: 11

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncendiaryPyro

I'm sure that we'll get it at some point in time.

Yeah I agree. But I don't think we will until its available in AOSP. Porting the preview images from the Nexus 5 to the Nexus 4 hasn't been completed yet which doesn't give me much hope for our Hercules receiving a port from the Nexus 5 images. Then again this is a massive update so porting is bound to take longer than it did for KitKat.

I'm dying to get my hands on Android L though .-.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread