Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked SGS2 T989?

Tip us?

Derpwood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But the issue still remains that the phone wont enter Recovery mode. =\ I've tried with and without USB plugged in. with and without SD cards (tried 3 different cards, 8gb, 32gb, and 64gb) tried all known button combinations to start phone. and it still just freezes after samsung Logo or goes into Download mode (with Vol + and - along with power, plugged into USB). At this point I have a new motherboard in my shopping cart on Ebay and I'm waiting to get paid. but if I can avoid dumping anything more into this phone I'd Love that.

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpwood View Post
But the issue still remains that the phone wont enter Recovery mode. =\ I've tried with and without USB plugged in. with and without SD cards (tried 3 different cards, 8gb, 32gb, and 64gb) tried all known button combinations to start phone. and it still just freezes after samsung Logo or goes into Download mode (with Vol + and - along with power, plugged into USB). At this point I have a new motherboard in my shopping cart on Ebay and I'm waiting to get paid. but if I can avoid dumping anything more into this phone I'd Love that.
Would JTag from www.mobiletechvideos.com be cheaper? Have you tried USB Jig? Mobile tech videos sells them and you can buy them on EBay for 2 bucks. If you have a soldering iron, you can make one.

Sent from my SGH-T989
My Website (contains just my downloads for now)

My Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
My Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113; HP Slate 7 2800

If I helped you, (or if I didnít and you are feeling thankful) please press the THANKS button!

Derpwood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I do have a soldering iron. hmm, I'll look into a Jig. would that fix this? I was doing a bit of research on USB Jig's but it was at nearly 4am and I got too tired to remember any info.

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
I do have a soldering iron. hmm, I'll look into a Jig. would that fix this? I was doing a bit of research on USB Jig's but it was at nearly 4am and I got too tired to remember any info.
Yeah a jig can sometimes be used to force a Samsung phone into Odin/Download mode. Jig is not to be confused with JTAG.

Sent from my SGH-T989

EDIT: never mind, I just realized that your problem was you couldn't boot into recovery, not download mode.

If I helped you, (or if I didnít and you are feeling thankful) please press the THANKS button!

Fasted12
Old
Thanks Meter 35
wow, don't see how this could be a hardware problem
with a clean download of stock gb, ics,or even jb ,delete kies, odin as administrator, and a solid cable , i've always got them to boot.

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasted12 View Post
wow, don't see how this could be a hardware problem
with a clean download of stock gb, ics,or even jb ,delete kies, odin as administrator, and a solid cable , i've always got them to boot.
+1 I've gotten them to boot again on the firmware upgrade has encountered an error screen, but I used Linux, JOdin3, and Heimdall. So I would think that Odin would be able to fix this. I have had more luck fixing these things on Linux though. Odin is what cashed the firmware upgrade error screen anyway after it crashed :/

Sent from my SGH-T989

The Following User Says Thank You to jrc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Derpwood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So maybe I'll start from scratch and delete kies again.. hmm.. =\

see everywhere I look, they seem to say this shouldnt be a hardware issue...

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
So maybe I'll start from scratch and delete kies again.. hmm.. =\

see everywhere I look, they seem to say this shouldnt be a hardware issue...
Is the screen you get Download Mode or Firmware Upgrade Error screen?

ScottPomroy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I seem to be having the same problem but mine comes from reflashing stock ics with odin from PA 4.45. I can get to the dL screen but not recovery and everything I flash passes too. But I can't get passed the pulsating Samsung logo after the android load bar.
"I am definitely a mad man with a box!"

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPomroy View Post
I seem to be having the same problem but mine comes from reflashing stock ics with odin from PA 4.45. I can get to the dL screen but not recovery and everything I flash passes too. But I can't get passed the pulsating Samsung logo after the android load bar.
Flash stock in Odin. Unplug from computer once it reboots. Hold in power and both volume buttons until you feel two vibrations in a row then hold just the volume buttons until it us past the loading bar. You should boot into recovery. Wipe data/factory reset and then do a wipe cache and Dalvik cache. I had the same problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989

The Following User Says Thank You to jrc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]