extending battery + rom

Search This thread

20twins10

Nov 8, 2010
South Milwaukee, WI
so im in a mixup of battery life.. i dont do alot on my phone, some texts, check some emails, fb is nill.. im on the stock battery at this point. im running DU 4.3.1 currently.. i work construction, im up at 4:30 am, an if i didnt charged i'd be dead by 3pm..

Rom and governor can drastically help battery life. my question os a combo of the two.

whats the best battery you've experienced in a stock case without problem, and the rom you used to do so..

i wont trade phone size for increased time yeah that 3600 or whatever.. aint happening.. thanks for the imput..

naturallight

Jan 29, 2011
I got a bigger battery at Batteries Plus 3.6V 3000mAh. With Fox Star rom with synergy kernel V0.10 . I am able to 46 hours. Thats talking texting and playing on the web.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

D

Darth

Turn off everything you don't need. Like GPS for sure. Keep the screen dimmer, manually. Maybe even toggle data off unless you want to check something....then toggle it on, then off after. You will still get calls and texts.

How much are you using it through the day? No reason why you shouldn't make it through the day....unless you're using it a lot...instead of working. ;)

Jaf5489

Aug 2, 2014
and eachken

Turn off everything you don't need. Like GPS for sure. Keep the screen dimmer, manually. Maybe even toggle data off unless you want to check something....then toggle it on, then off after. You will still get calls and texts.

How much are you using it through the day? No reason why you shouldn't make it through the day....unless you're using it a lot...instead of working. ;)

Yeah, make sure you're doing all this. Brightness is a huge battery killer, I try and keep it at the lowest whenever possible. Also, this phone has an AMOLED screen, meaning that anything that's black will use less battery than vivid colors. I set my wallpaper to solid black and use a theme that changes many menus/apps to a solid black background.

knoxyouout

Mar 3, 2012
Ottawa
I've had great luck lately with new Kit Kat based roms and WildKernel

I might suggest waiting for the next version of WildKernal, as there might be (not sure) a small issue with second core control,
and the dev is also going to be releasing his own kernel control app in the near future.

Otherwise, the Slim roms have been fantastic for just plain snappiness, stability, and battery life.
They are on 4.4.4 now,
which is very nice (and stable), but if you're more comfortable with it, they have 4.3 and such as well.

Personally I'm using Validus 6.0, which I'm not sure is offered on XDA for our device, but there is a google group
for Ground Zero roms. It's 4.4.4, ok with battery life, but has a bunch of features.
External link to official Google+ post for Hercules Validus 6 rom

I'd really recommend a Slim Rom if you're not worried about a theme engine though.

luxkore

Aug 19, 2014
I've had great luck lately with new Kit Kat based roms and WildKernel

I might suggest waiting for the next version of WildKernal, as there might be (not sure) a small issue with second core control,
and the dev is also going to be releasing his own kernel control app in the near future.

Otherwise, the Slim roms have been fantastic for just plain snappiness, stability, and battery life.
They are on 4.4.4 now,
which is very nice (and stable), but if you're more comfortable with it, they have 4.3 and such as well.

Personally I'm using Validus 6.0, which I'm not sure is offered on XDA for our device, but there is a google group
for Ground Zero roms. It's 4.4.4, ok with battery life, but has a bunch of features.
External link to official Google+ post for Hercules Validus 6 rom

I'd really recommend a Slim Rom if you're not worried about a theme engine though.

This. I ran SlimKat with Wild v008 for the longest time, got great battery life with a combo of SavagedZen and sio (256 read-ahead). It ran very smooth, but I ran into occasional issues like music stuttering while the screen was off. Besides that, though, it was great.

Oh, and no lockscreen lag.