Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] home button and search buttons not working after installing cwm

Tip us?

randomman007
Old
(Last edited by randomman007; 9th July 2014 at 05:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] home button and search buttons not working after installing cwm

I installed cwm rom manager without a root, but did not flash the phone and install everything. I uninstalled cwm rom manager, and then downloaded the cyanogen installer. Then I let cyanogen mod installer attempt to install cm10 on my t989, and the computer said the install finished and i should wait for the phone to reboot.

But instead of rebooting, it went into CWM Recovery and said something to the effect of: "root access was missing, would you like to root?" I clicked back, which was no and it rebooted into the stock os (ics) instead of cm10 and the home and search buttons didn't work. I tried to reset the phone, but that didn't work and I tried to flash into the stock recovery, but the odin program failed at "<ID:0/009> Can't open the serial(COM) port."

Thank you for your help!

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3212
Odin won't work if Kies is running. Kill all kies processes first in device manager.

Also, you need to be rooted properly. After flashing recovery in Odin....you have to flash SuperSU in recovery.

And don't use rom manager...a lot of bad luck stories from it.

Search on the guides to rooting and flashing custom ROMs for help.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

And before flashing anything, ever....you should be doing a nandroid backup in recovery....so you can restore it if anything goes wrong.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips