No registration required

power button issue

OP dihcar

7th July 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
The power button on my galaxy s2 started to
feel hard to press so I decided to get a look at it, upon disassembling the phone the internal part of the button detached from the mother board and fell
off, I decided to put it back big mistake, I ended up messing up the whole area beyond repair. Now I want to use the app power button saver to turn on my phone, the problem I don't know how, some sites on the internet suggest to put it in Odin mode then hit volume down to reboot, that's what I did I put it in Odin mode easily but when I hit volume down to cancel and reboot nothing happens, it just stays there, even volume up won't work anyway. So I'm stuck, if you know how to put on by any other means please help. Thanks.
Last edited by dihcar; 7th July 2014 at 12:59 AM.
9th July 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihcar

The power button on my galaxy s2 started to
feel hard to press so I decided to get a look at it, upon disassembling the phone the internal part of the button detached from the mother board and fell
off, I decided to put it back big mistake, I ended up messing up the whole area beyond repair. Now I want to use the app power button saver to turn on my phone, the problem I don't know how, some sites on the internet suggest to put it in Odin mode then hit volume down to reboot, that's what I did I put it in Odin mode easily but when I hit volume down to cancel and reboot nothing happens, it just stays there, even volume up won't work anyway. So I'm stuck, if you know how to put on by any other means please help. Thanks.

When in Odin mode, try taking the battery out and put it back in as fast as you can. Can sometimes trick it into restarting, but can also be harmful to your phone/battery... So do it at your own risk!

jtgr94
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII T989D Hercules CM11 Android 4.4.4

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgr94

When in Odin mode, try taking the battery out and put it back in as fast as you can. Can sometimes trick it into restarting, but can also be harmful to your phone/battery... So do it at your own risk!

jtgr94

I forgot to mention, if you do try this, ensure your charger is not connected, or else it will just load the charging screen.

jtgr94
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread