Thread Closed

Need stable fast clean ROM/Kernel

OP stryder1587

8th July 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Hi xda,

I'm the kind of guy that just wants something tried, tested and true. I rooted and flashed my phone when I first got it to Jedi Mind Trick v6 which was new back then. My Kernel is 3.0.41-T989-ICS-faux123-008
But as of recently I've been experiencing lots of freezing and random reboots. It's about time I get a new Rom and maybe Kernel if necessary.
I know there are a bunch out there and I simply want a stable version of a ROM that's clean, simple and fast, and a Kernel that optimizes battery life I guess. No experimental nightly test builds and what not cause very likely this may be my last upgrade before I decide I'm scrapping this phone. This is basically a last chance upgrade to see if I can still push out another year on this phone.

What are the top few choices/combinations of rom/kernel you guys would recommend?
If I remember the process correctly, I need to backup everything on titanium backup, use some darkwipe thing to clear everything, then flash the new rom, then google now in that development mode right? It's been so long, let me know if the process is made easier or something now lol

Thanks!
8th July 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 103

291 posts
More
My wife uses cm 10.1.2 it's stable, fast, everything works. Wipe from custom recovery, flash cm, flash gapps, then factory reset.
9th July 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,933

13,564 posts
More
The most stable ROM for the t989 is stock 4.1.2 or a stock touchwiz based ROM. No doubt.

Otherwise, backup first, and flash a few and see.

Everyone's opinions will vary. So find out what's best for you!!

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

And please....read the rom flashing instructions and entire opening posts carefully and follow them exactly.

No, don't use Darkside wipes....they are outdated.
9th July 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 7,387

6,223 posts
More
^ This. Plus, I tend to avoid any where the first few pages, or the last few pages are all "IT DOESN'T WORK!" kinds of posts. Keep in mind, how you use your phone will change your experience vs another members. Happy Flashing!

Thread closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recommendation thread, rom, stable and fast
Previous Thread Next Thread