Dual sim adapter for Samsung galaxy S2

Search This thread

mynameisjon

Feb 18, 2010
Singapore
How do you guys fit the sim in the back of the phone? I'm using the extended battery and cover, it doesn't seem to fit.

Okay managed to get it to fit. Had to cut the "honeycomb" support structure above the sim card on the back cover.

Also, this DOES work with CM9, the only thing is that you'll need to reboot after switching from SIM1 to SIM2 and vice versa to get everything working.

Last edited:

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
How do you guys fit the sim in the back of the phone? I'm using the extended battery and cover, it doesn't seem to fit.

Okay managed to get it to fit. Had to cut the "honeycomb" support structure above the sim card on the back cover.

Also, this DOES work with CM9, the only thing is that you'll need to reboot after switching from SIM1 to SIM2 and vice versa to get everything working.
Do you use the 007 method or the STK app? The numbers are not working for me and the STK app is not showing up when I search for it. Advice?

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
I reflashed to stock. Everything works now, except after selecting the other SIM I have cycle airplane mode for it to work.

I'd be careful with these dual sim adaptors. I have one of the magic sim no cut ones and it does work, however it has cracked my rear cover after a few months use.

how did you manage to crack the cover ? :eek:

i just got mine 28th gen no-cut http://www.magic-sim.com/product-details.php?Product=9

for galaxy s2 + mugen 3200mah extended battery

couldn't close the lid due to dual simm and 3200mah mugen, so had to fold over the sim2 on top of sim1 to close the lid

Attachments

• dualsim_28thgen_nocut_galaxys2_mugen3200mah_1.jpg
    dualsim_28thgen_nocut_galaxys2_mugen3200mah_1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 262

mindiawl

Jan 2, 2011
Hi, just got one yesterday and put in to my sgs2 but am getting same problem, did you manage to sort this? its driving me crazy. Anybody please reply, thanks

Kethead

Apr 28, 2010
So I'm looking for my brother in law, who has a work phone and a normal phone, so what I'm wondering is, if for his work phone he doesn't need network data, will both sims be able to receive calls at any time (unless he's already in a call of course)? Or will you have to switch to receive calls on each sim individually?

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
So I'm looking for my brother in law, who has a work phone and a normal phone, so what I'm wondering is, if for his work phone he doesn't need network data, will both sims be able to receive calls at any time (unless he's already in a call of course)? Or will you have to switch to receive calls on each sim individually?
You must switch to receive calls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'd been looking for a dual sim adapter for my galaxy S2 for a while. I didn't want to cut my sims and I needed it to let me use all my phones functions like 3G etc for data. I'd tried a few different types in the past and almost gave up but after reading about It here I decided to give the Magicsim 28th+ a go.

I was really impressed with this product... Not only did it arrive real quick it was dead easy to set up (it's basically just plug and play) and it works. Takes about 5 seconds to switch sims and it works flawlessly with 3G dataconnections etc. another massive plus was that it works with my 'three network' sim which I've had problems with from other dual sim adapters. Anyway, Id defo recommend it for anyone after a dual sim adapter. The exact models ordered is this one...

http://www.magic-sim.com/product-details.php?Product=9
    Zbhckee 129.8

Someone I work with uses a MAGICSIM with CM9 and he says it's fine. I hope that helps.
    Here is a thorough discussion on the 28th magicsim in case some of you are interested in it. Photos are in there some where. Wonderful product, work just as it should.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1190250
    1. No there's no notification when you are on the alternative sim.

2. I can't see there being any issue with any languages to be honest given that it's a plug-and-play type installation.