Official Sammy 2000mah vs anker 1900mah

OP andrewxu

25th November 2011, 12:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 133

1,855 posts
More
I'm getting both soon so ill post a review. Anyone have experience with both?

Initial reaction to 2000mah - WOW. destroys even my old iPhone 4. And on my iPhone I actively turned off wifi, data etc. On my sgs2 wifi is on the whole time, and I've been listening to music on my Beats (battery hog) the whole time. Right now I'm on 80% after 1.5 hrs screen on 33% brightness, and beats playing the whole time. Stock ROM btw!

Sent from my white S2
Last edited by andrewxu; 26th November 2011 at 11:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewxu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2011, 07:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 129

679 posts
yeah mate had 2x anker and a charger delivered today

put 1x battery on charge and 2 mins later boooooooom the charger and battery explode , scared the life out of me , blew the trip switch in the fuse box and i turnt round to smoke/steam coming from the charger/battery and a horrible electrical smell filling the room

watch out for them anker ones mate , there is a review on amazon of another user having one blow up in the charger as well

ive posted pictures in the other anker battery threads , you can see the explosion marks , iam so glad i was at home while it happend , that the battery wasnt in my phone at the time and nothing more serious happend

ive sent it back to amazon on the same day i got it and bought a genuine 2000mah battery from clove now lmao

others seem to of had better luck then me but thats now 2 people who have had these explode that i have read/experienced about , thats 2x too many for me to use one again and risk my face or phone or a house fire

when they go booooom they make a nice noise i wouldnt like to have it in my phone or by my face when it went thats for sure , it sounded like someone let a nice banger of in my house
25th November 2011, 08:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 133

1,855 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxz777

yeah mate had 2x anker and a charger delivered today

put 1x battery on charge and 2 mins later boooooooom the charger and battery explode , scared the life out of me , blew the trip switch in the fuse box and i turnt round to smoke/steam coming from the charger/battery and a horrible electrical smell filling the room

watch out for them anker ones mate , there is a review on amazon of another user having one blow up in the charger as well

ive posted pictures in the other anker battery threads , you can see the explosion marks , iam so glad i was at home while it happend , that the battery wasnt in my phone at the time and nothing more serious happend

ive sent it back to amazon on the same day i got it and bought a genuine 2000mah battery from clove now lmao

others seem to of had better luck then me but thats now 2 people who have had these explode that i have read/experienced about , thats 2x too many for me to use one again and risk my face or phone or a house fire

when they go booooom they make a nice noise i wouldnt like to have it in my phone or by my face when it went thats for sure , it sounded like someone let a nice banger of in my house

Wait wait wait. It EXPLODED?

Are you ****ting me? I'm scared to charge my anker batteries in my phone now... or even use them... more details would be nice man. Thanks

Sent from my white S2
25th November 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
That charger has adjustable connector pins, right? Are you sure you didn't connect it wrong? A battery exploding is kind of a big deal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
25th November 2011, 08:41 PM   |  #5  

679 posts
i took the charger and batterys out of the packaging , fitted the uk adapter to the 2 pin charger , took the adapter off and put it back on to double check it was fitted right etc

once i knew the adapter wasdefo fitted right i inserted the charger to a point with anti surge protection , connected the charger , inserted the battery , flicked the electric point switch to on .

the light said it was charging so off i went to make a cup of tea , i came back with my cup of tea , stoofd in the door way talking to my gfriend .

i heard a loud deep boom coming from in the room , it was a very sufficent bang , it made me jump and defo startled me a bit

the boom blew the electric trip switch in my house so all my electrics went off in that room , i didnt know what it was

i went over to the charger and there was smoke/steam coming from it and a horrible smell of electrical burning

the charger was obvously damaged and clearly shows burn marks , the battery clearly shows burn marks , the uk adapter clearly shows burn marks

the battery was blown clear of the charger

it was defo a nasty old bang and like i say i am glad

#i was in the house and it wasnt un-atended
#my dog wasnt near it when it happend
#nothing caught fire
#it wasnt in my phone it would have killed the phone for sure
#i wasnt on the phone with it near my face

i aint making this up peeps i feel like a nob because i was telling people to buy the anker batterys the other day on this forum and nokia users where there is a sgs2 thread

here are the images i took that show the damage

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...attery%20sgs2/

this one shows what i am talking about

loads of people have used them ok but i wont be putting one any where near my sgs2 now thats for sure

like i say one other person on amazon had this trouble as well so it isnt just me

all i can say is be carefull with them as you can see some of them do seem to blow up
25th November 2011, 08:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

80 posts
Lol great, i just bought one and put in my phone about 2 hours ago. I hope it doesn't go boom.
25th November 2011, 08:56 PM   |  #7  

679 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker7

Lol great, i just bought one and put in my phone about 2 hours ago. I hope it doesn't go boom.

itll probs be ok dude but i got to say and warn people otherwise if anything happend i would feel bad

i think it was more the charger , it was the cheap black one , not the white anker one , perhaps this is why it blew up??

however this is a review for the sensation version and again it blows up when in the charger

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...rBy=addOneStar

here you can see the cheap black charger

here you can see the proper anker white charger

25th November 2011, 09:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag eastbourne
Thanks Meter: 151

1,622 posts
More
I bought the same kit, two anker batteries with the black charger, no problems, been charging them fine, in fact they last a fair amount more than the original battery, my usual usage on the standard battery has me reaching for the charger around 8 hours, I am typing this out with the same kind of usage with 42% battery life left, I would say you had a faulty charger, not unusual with most things made so ****e these days from china, hardly any product testing done anymore, I have used my anker black charger lots and its worked a treat.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
26th November 2011, 04:04 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I still have confidence in the battery, but i always let my phone charge it. I have the white charger, but i certainly won't be using it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
26th November 2011, 04:11 AM   |  #10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,506

4,992 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxz777

i took the charger and batterys out of the packaging , fitted the uk adapter to the 2 pin charger , took the adapter off and put it back on to double check it was fitted right etc

once i knew the adapter wasdefo fitted right i inserted the charger to a point with anti surge protection , connected the charger , inserted the battery , flicked the electric point switch to on .

the light said it was charging so off i went to make a cup of tea , i came back with my cup of tea , stoofd in the door way talking to my gfriend .

i heard a loud deep boom coming from in the room , it was a very sufficent bang , it made me jump and defo startled me a bit

the boom blew the electric trip switch in my house so all my electrics went off in that room , i didnt know what it was

i went over to the charger and there was smoke/steam coming from it and a horrible smell of electrical burning

the charger was obvously damaged and clearly shows burn marks , the battery clearly shows burn marks , the uk adapter clearly shows burn marks

the battery was blown clear of the charger

it was defo a nasty old bang and like i say i am glad

#i was in the house and it wasnt un-atended
#my dog wasnt near it when it happend
#nothing caught fire
#it wasnt in my phone it would have killed the phone for sure
#i wasnt on the phone with it near my face

i aint making this up peeps i feel like a nob because i was telling people to buy the anker batterys the other day on this forum and nokia users where there is a sgs2 thread

here are the images i took that show the damage

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...attery%20sgs2/

this one shows what i am talking about

loads of people have used them ok but i wont be putting one any where near my sgs2 now thats for sure

like i say one other person on amazon had this trouble as well so it isnt just me

all i can say is be carefull with them as you can see some of them do seem to blow up

Imagine if you had the phone in your front pocket, it would have blown your bollocks off. Not the kind of blow job you want to be getting.
Last edited by Intratech; 26th November 2011 at 04:13 AM.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Intratech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread