[OFFICIAL THREAD] Anker battery 1900mah

Search This thread

superbizho

Mar 10, 2012
Hello there.

Im new here but i saw that there are a lot of posts about those batteries but there is no main thread to explain\share\review information about this batteries.
so I thought we need this one.

What is ANKER?
Anker is a brand of batteries Fantasia Trading LLC company known more as a U.S. laptopmate

They have a website?
Yes, [link will be here later]

What is special about the battery? The ANKER batteries reach a volume of 1900MAH Unlike the original Samsung battery [1650MAH], as of this moment is the most powerful battery-sized or enlarged with same size as original.
There is also a battery of 1750, does not interest most of us when the 1900

Okay, and how long a battery that adds me? It adds about 20%, of course it depends on the use

Do I need a new cover? No, the battery is the same size as the original so that it fits your device without the new cover

Is safe to use? Nothing is certain in this life, but so far everyone who has this battery was pleased ...

I heard about the guy that blew a battery
... has a documented case of a guy on XDA generic charger used to charge the battery outside the device, if you use an external charger use only original ANKER

Must use external charger? No, the battery is loaded in the device excellent with the original samsung charger.

OK, so where I buy it? The battery is not available for sale in all countries directly,but you can check\buy it from the manufacturer's EBAY or AMAZON store

What are most recommended initial charging? Recommended to 3 ~ 4 full discharge cycles (0% -100%) before starting to use a normal battery

more Q&A to come

Last edited:

euklidis

Sep 1, 2010
Athens
I got this battery 2 months now and is really decent (i paid 11euros all included). With medium usage and 100 apps on my phone it's enough for one day. 50 apps and low usage with wifi on all day i get 50% by the time i go to bed.

Reactions: H@nn@n

H@nn@n

Nov 2, 2010
Well it having an extra 250mah will give it about 20% extra juice. And yes it does work.

Have a good day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

The reason I asked is because other brands on ebay claims the same but from what I've seen the other says they actually worse than Sam's original one and just fake.

it seems Anker is the only one on ebay which is works good?

Thanks

euklidis

Sep 1, 2010
Athens
The reason I asked is because other brands on ebay claims the same but from what I've seen the other says they actually worse than Sam's original one and just fake.

Thanks

No this one is actually better. Not 20% but about 15%. It keeps me running for on day with medium to heavy usage.

Reactions: H@nn@n

rccola159

Jul 12, 2007
It is a good battery at a good price. However, I have noticed that sometimes when my battery drops to <15%, the phone will just turn off right away without discharging all the way to 0%. Other than that it's worth the money.

gemini8026

Nov 5, 2010
Saskatoon
I have had nothing but trouble since I bought mine. Bought froma reputable Ebay dealer.

Random freeze ups, phone would just die.

Tried multiple ROMS/Multiple kernels. Always thought it HAD to be something I was running, but when I went back to factory , my phone was stable again.

It's quite a drawn out story, but long story short, Im curious if I got a dud or if they all have a similar flaw?!?

bpivk

Nov 26, 2008
-
No problems here. As other users wrote... it's not actually a 20% improvement but it is an improvement. I think that my battery is about 10% better but that's based on my average usage and observations.

Sticks02

Apr 30, 2011
Sounds like yours is a dud. I got two (had them shipped back home, then family shipped them to me since ebay seller didn't ship to Korea) and they work very well in my Korean SII, lasts longer than my stock batteries now.

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
Just brought this battery from Amazon for £10.99 will post update when I have got it and used it for awhile. Seems like a good bargain for the extra juice and the fact that it is the same size as original battery seems great :)

anaweb

Feb 3, 2012
are there any over heating problems with this battery?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

johnhagi

Dec 25, 2010
Anker 1900mAh Galaxy S II

I 've also purchased a set of Anker 1900mAh for SGS 2 + the white anker official charger and I am pleased with their performance compared to the stock battery.
Reagarding the use you gian 20-30%.

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
Is safe to use? Nothing is certain in this life, but so far everyone who has this battery was pleased ...

... has a documented case of a guy on XDA generic charger used to charge the battery outside the device, if you use an external charger use only original ANKER

hi there you say everyone is happy that bought the battery -- iam not

mine lasted for 2 minutes before blowing up , iam not the only user that has had this either

if you read the amazon reviews for the sensation anker battery and the sgs2 anker battery other people have had them blow up as well

you say to only charge them in an offical anker charger but 90% of the places that sell them sell them with a cheap chinese charger and you havent shown any pictures of the genuine charger or anything which is a bit useless -- for those wanting to know it is white and has black writting that says ''anker'' the cheap chinese chargers are black and crap

also laptop me or whoever they are didnt give a monkeys about the battery blowing up and when i emailed them they didnt respond -- great customer services that

iam sorry but for £16 you can buy a genuine samsung battery with a bigger mah rating that can als be charged in an offical samsung desktop charger why risk house fires etc with an exploding battery and dodgy chinese charger

i wouldnt recomend the anker battery to my worst enemy let alone a forum full of sgs2 users looking for a bigger battery

a quick google of ''anker exploding battery'' will bring you back quite a few hits of other users and exploding batterys one guy had one explode in his phone

IMG_9125.jpg

thats my battery after 2 minutes in the charger and here is the thread that i posted in http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19695771&postcount=5

also why another thread on anker batterys?? we already have a few in this section already running what makes this an offical one?? is the op laptopme pushing their batterys or something??

Last edited:

H@nn@n

Nov 2, 2010
I got two of these batteries and one charged off the ebay.. I'm using it for more than 20 days and it is working quite good. would say the battery lasting at least %10 to %20 more than the stock battery and I'm loving it :)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there.

Im new here but i saw that there are a lot of posts about those batteries but there is no main thread to explain\share\review information about this batteries.
    so I thought we need this one.

What is ANKER?
    Anker is a brand of batteries Fantasia Trading LLC company known more as a U.S. laptopmate

They have a website?
    Yes, [link will be here later]

What is special about the battery? The ANKER batteries reach a volume of 1900MAH Unlike the original Samsung battery [1650MAH], as of this moment is the most powerful battery-sized or enlarged with same size as original.
    There is also a battery of 1750, does not interest most of us when the 1900

Okay, and how long a battery that adds me? It adds about 20%, of course it depends on the use

Do I need a new cover? No, the battery is the same size as the original so that it fits your device without the new cover

Must use external charger? No, the battery is loaded in the device excellent with the original samsung charger.

OK, so where I buy it? The battery is not available for sale in all countries directly,but you can check\buy it from the manufacturer's EBAY or AMAZON store

What are most recommended initial charging? Recommended to 3 ~ 4 full discharge cycles (0% -100%) before starting to use a normal battery

more Q&A to come
    I got this battery 2 months now and is really decent (i paid 11euros all included). With medium usage and 100 apps on my phone it's enough for one day. 50 apps and low usage with wifi on all day i get 50% by the time i go to bed.
    Is this one really better than the stock battery? and is it works?

Well it having an extra 250mah will give it about 20% extra juice. And yes it does work.

Have a good day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Thanks

No this one is actually better. Not 20% but about 15%. It keeps me running for on day with medium to heavy usage.