XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PREVIEW] Samsung galaxy S 2 2000mah battery by samsung

Tip us?

ludow
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Thickness: 8,49 mm -> 9,69 mm difference +1,2 mm

Weight: 117 g -> 124 g

I hope/bet many cases/covers/bumpers will fit.

xeq544
Old
(Last edited by xeq544; 30th August 2011 at 05:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Sorry for a little delay, here are the pictures as promised:

Edit: Also a little bonus which doesnt really show anything I didnt have time to play with the phone, Im still on my first charge cycle with some gameplay (around 45min) of dungeon defenders. The rate at which the percent drop is noticeably lower, also the phone doesnt get so hot which is a good thing.
S3
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to xeq544 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scorpion667
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Almost feel like this should have been the original design of the phone in the first place. They wanted that world's thinnest smartphone title so they compromised. I don't like that.

xeq544
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion667 View Post
Almost feel like this should have been the original design of the phone in the first place. They wanted that world's thinnest smartphone title so they compromised. I don't like that.
Thats exactly what I thought when I got the battery pack It just looks completely natural, I even like it more than with original battery. I am not really that crazy for "thin" devices.
S3

scarmona
Old
Thanks Meter 18
OMG OMG OMG OMG I WANNA!!!!

Now seriously, I agree with scorpion667. Samsung should have released the SGS II with this battery, I know we all love our phone to be so thin, but I'd rather sacrifice a little thinness for more power.
I just hope this new profile will fit into SGP Ultra Silke and Ultra Capsule cases (hope you can comment on this as well)

Singha29
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yep it seem an incredible war to get a normal liffe with standard battery , a lot os ud try different roms or kernels ... pfff!!!
Thx xeq544
Just affraid than we would no get so more battery liffe with the 2000 ...

chiefroastbeef
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I will definitely look for the battery here in Hong Kong, surely it is out here.

I would like to try the battery on my thin cases (SGP Thin Air, Case Mate Barely There) without the battery cover.

xeq544
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singha29 View Post
Yep it seem an incredible war to get a normal liffe with standard battery , a lot os ud try different roms or kernels ... pfff!!!
Thx xeq544
Just affraid than we would no get so more battery liffe with the 2000 ...
I dont really have problems with battery life, I learned how to preserve battery on my previous android phone. On the original battery I usually got 1 and a half to 2 days of battery life. Im using lulz kernel with lulzactive governor, undervolted, and undervolted gpu with lowered 2d clock from 160mhz to 100mhz @ 750mv. I have developed a habit to turn off data connection/wifi with widgetsoid widget every time I dont need internet connection or turn the screen off.
S3

Vulpix
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Who do I have to kill to get my hands on one?

Dark Emotion
Old
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
thanks for the pictures! need to get one really fast
HTC Hero GSM > Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 > Google Nexus 4