Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

Tip us?

winwiz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638
Default Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

I received mine today from Amazon. and the top part of the new backing didn't clip into the phone. I've sent it back for a replacement. My question is, has anyone experienced this before or was I just unlucky and got a faulty cover? I have the I9100p (the NFC) model and was wondering if there is a compatibility issue?

Many thanks!
If you think my post helps you out feel free to press the THANKS button

Current Device:
HTC One - Silver

Coming from a:
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 - Black Mist

antonyjcross
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default re: Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

Hi,

Had exactly the same issue - I also have the 9100P and the back cover is slightly changed from the 9100 , the tabs on it are deeper and the extended back will not fit correctly.

I have yet to find an extended battery designed for the 9100P , ebay , amazon etc all sell the standard one. . .

I have also found that the phone does not fit well in all cases - again the back appears to be very slightly deeper??

Sorry cant be more helpful. .

All the best

Antony
The Following User Says Thank You to antonyjcross For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

winwiz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyjcross View Post
Hi,

Had exactly the same issue - I also have the 9100P and the back cover is slightly changed from the 9100 , the tabs on it are deeper and the extended back will not fit correctly.

I have yet to find an extended battery designed for the 9100P , ebay , amazon etc all sell the standard one. . .

I have also found that the phone does not fit well in all cases - again the back appears to be very slightly deeper??

Sorry cant be more helpful. .

All the best

Antony
thanks for the reply matey
looks like ill have to cancel the order for the extended battery
If you think my post helps you out feel free to press the THANKS button

Current Device:
HTC One - Silver

Coming from a:
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 - Black Mist

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 161
extended battery that makes the back of the phone flat without that curve?,i hear some have their clips at different positions, i dont know why samsung did this, i havent brought one due to this.
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
I bought the Andina battery 2000 maH and it works just as well as well as the Samsung and same size as original

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel

bazglen
Old
(Last edited by bazglen; 16th March 2012 at 07:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I know there are a few people having problems with the fit of the new back cover for the extended battery but here's how i solved my problem.

I don't know about anyone else but my original battery cover actually fits although it is tight and there is a ridge in the back of the cover because of the thickness of the bigger battery. I got round this by using a nail file to file down the thicker plastic end caps at the top and bottom so they are flush with the thickness of the actual battery body i also rounded off the sharp edges. it doesn't give you much maybe just 1mm but it's enough to get a decent fit.

i hope i've explained that ok

junkun13
Old
Thanks Meter 4
pics? what to file?

bazglen
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
pics? what to file?
Hold the battery side on you can see the top and the bottom plastic ends are just a little thicker than the battery body, they are the places to file but don't go mad. You'll only get about a millimeter but it's all you need. I've done it on my black i9100 and my daughters white one although the black battery cover is a little more flexible and easier to get on.

Guppy321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a similar problem with the black extended battery back cover I bought for my Orange I9100P. I got it from Amazon UK and I got a Korean NFC battery but the back cover from the UK battery just doesn’t snap in properly.

The bottom left just won’t snap in for some reason. The strange thing is that my mother has a SG2 from O2 the I9100 version and it fits perfectly into that phone. Is there a difference between the two models or is it a manufacturing fault with my phone? Should I send it back to Amazon for a replacement or should I be sending the phone back?

I have two pictures with the back cover on my phone, one with me pressing it down and the other with it loose but I'm not allowed to link to URLs yet. So if you want to see them go to imgur with this after the .com a/kaflG

jjwerrett
Old
Thanks Meter 1
this is the same as me it wont snap on right, i have even shaved the bits on the back off and still wont fit in right or the bottom left to.

i tried bending it a bit as well with still same of not fitting in right

Tags
battery, extended, galaxy, samsung