Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

OP winwiz

14th March 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 643

1,946 posts
More
Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

I received mine today from Amazon. and the top part of the new backing didn't clip into the phone. I've sent it back for a replacement. My question is, has anyone experienced this before or was I just unlucky and got a faulty cover? I have the I9100p (the NFC) model and was wondering if there is a compatibility issue?

Many thanks!
14th March 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
re: Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery
Hi,

Had exactly the same issue - I also have the 9100P and the back cover is slightly changed from the 9100 , the tabs on it are deeper and the extended back will not fit correctly.

I have yet to find an extended battery designed for the 9100P , ebay , amazon etc all sell the standard one. . .

I have also found that the phone does not fit well in all cases - again the back appears to be very slightly deeper??

Sorry cant be more helpful. .

All the best

Antony
The Following User Says Thank You to antonyjcross For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 643

1,946 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyjcross

Hi,

Had exactly the same issue - I also have the 9100P and the back cover is slightly changed from the 9100 , the tabs on it are deeper and the extended back will not fit correctly.

I have yet to find an extended battery designed for the 9100P , ebay , amazon etc all sell the standard one. . .

I have also found that the phone does not fit well in all cases - again the back appears to be very slightly deeper??

Sorry cant be more helpful. .

All the best

Antony

thanks for the reply matey
looks like ill have to cancel the order for the extended battery
14th March 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 174

743 posts
More
extended battery that makes the back of the phone flat without that curve?,i hear some have their clips at different positions, i dont know why samsung did this, i havent brought one due to this.
15th March 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 803

2,676 posts
Donate to Me
More
I bought the Andina battery 2000 maH and it works just as well as well as the Samsung and same size as original
16th March 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
I know there are a few people having problems with the fit of the new back cover for the extended battery but here's how i solved my problem.

I don't know about anyone else but my original battery cover actually fits although it is tight and there is a ridge in the back of the cover because of the thickness of the bigger battery. I got round this by using a nail file to file down the thicker plastic end caps at the top and bottom so they are flush with the thickness of the actual battery body i also rounded off the sharp edges. it doesn't give you much maybe just 1mm but it's enough to get a decent fit.

i hope i've explained that ok
Last edited by bazglen; 16th March 2012 at 08:23 PM.
17th March 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 5

98 posts
More
pics? what to file?
18th March 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkun13

pics? what to file?

Hold the battery side on you can see the top and the bottom plastic ends are just a little thicker than the battery body, they are the places to file but don't go mad. You'll only get about a millimeter but it's all you need. I've done it on my black i9100 and my daughters white one although the black battery cover is a little more flexible and easier to get on.
18th March 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I have a similar problem with the black extended battery back cover I bought for my Orange I9100P. I got it from Amazon UK and I got a Korean NFC battery but the back cover from the UK battery just doesn’t snap in properly.

The bottom left just won’t snap in for some reason. The strange thing is that my mother has a SG2 from O2 the I9100 version and it fits perfectly into that phone. Is there a difference between the two models or is it a manufacturing fault with my phone? Should I send it back to Amazon for a replacement or should I be sending the phone back?

I have two pictures with the back cover on my phone, one with me pressing it down and the other with it loose but I'm not allowed to link to URLs yet. So if you want to see them go to imgur with this after the .com a/kaflG
18th March 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
this is the same as me it wont snap on right, i have even shaved the bits on the back off and still wont fit in right or the bottom left to.

i tried bending it a bit as well with still same of not fitting in right

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, extended, galaxy, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread