Recommend me a good 32Gb sdcard

Search This thread

Lachty1

Apr 26, 2010
You can buy 64 GB micro SDXC card and format it to FAT32. It works in SGS2 good. ;)

Tests:
Kingston 64 GB Class 10 Micro SDXC
Write 15 MB/s
Read 45 MB/s

ADATA Premier 64GB Class 10 Micro SDXC
Write 22 MB/s
Read 45 MB/s

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB Class 10 Micro SDXC
Write 11 MB/s
Read 46 MB/s

Last edited:

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
Thanks dude:),but what is the problem with exFAT 64GB cards,slow performance,unrecognized by soe devices???????:confused:
Exfat is not compatible on most Rom/kernels I know that stock Roms can read it. If you are using a AOSP based Rom you might need DorimqnX kernel

To add up, exFAT is supporting huge files, unlike FAT32 so it's better in a way to record in full HD or HD and in continous mode.

what about stock based ROM(eg Revolution ROM)?

If not, popping the card into your phone will yield a question to format it, and then you're fine once it's done.

You can buy 64 GB micro SDXC card and format it to FAT32. It works in SGS2 good. ;)

Tests:
Kingston 64 GB Class 10 Micro SDXC
Write 15 MB/s
Read 45 MB/s

ADATA Premier 64GB Class 10 Micro SDXC
Write 22 MB/s
Read 45 MB/s

SanDisk Ultra 64 GB Class 10 Micro SDXC
Write 11 MB/s
Read 46 MB/s

These are phone tests or what? Seems quite unreal to see SanDisk perform so good on read speeds under any condition...

Reactions: LYandroid

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
Test cards in memory card reader via ATTO Disk Benchmark.

Then it's of no use here. Caching on PC and other "tricks" kicking in are not valid on i9100. Your results are null in real life and here.

Do not confuse people furthermore with such statements. Measure the speed on your phone and post screens so to gain credibility and backup theoretical speeds you're claiming.

ps: SanDICK (LOL) ultra is declared at *30MB/s read speed therefore it can not achieve 45 in no circumstances.

* best real life conditions, not synthetic tests!

Reactions: LYandroid

PuR0sURPo

Feb 28, 2013
I have a sandisk ultra 64GB class 10 micro SDXC and find very good...

I think it pays more than 32GB

Stefan6183

Jan 24, 2012
I have the SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB Class 10. It is very fast, compatible and not expensive anymore (around EUR 22).

DioBrando1

Jul 28, 2010
I have the SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB Class 10. It is very fast, compatible and not expensive anymore (around EUR 22).

I think Samsung are more reliable for this phone.
It takes a little bit more compared to the 32GB when the u power it on, but results do pay it out.

On Amazon I read some problems with Sandisk, mostly because sometimes fake units mix with the original ones...not to say that Sandisk is rubbish but probably with some other brands u would have less problems.

I'd go for Lexar also...

yayito

Jan 13, 2012
then use a 16gb class 10 sd kingstone, I had to change it 4 times and it broke and stopped working.
Finish changing class 10 for a class 4.
Nose stopped working because

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
I think Samsung are more reliable for this phone.
It takes a little bit more compared to the 32GB when the u power it on, but results do pay it out.

On Amazon I read some problems with Sandisk, mostly because sometimes fake units mix with the original ones...not to say that Sandisk is rubbish but probably with some other brands u would have less problems.

I'd go for Lexar also...

Mostly cause, based on a thorough research and also upon my own personal experience, SanDiCK stated something not so true and marketed products as perfectly compatible (with our phone and Android OS in general) while not truthful at 100% (chip ROM fault, an EU branch will not admit it, but other branches might do confirm upon a strict request). SanDisk (directly or not, depends with whom you speak - USA or EU branch) admitted they 'had some" issues with pre March, then with pre May 2013 upgraded batches and alerted "all is fine now" if you swap for a brand new cards (BUT no one can guarantee you will get post May 2013 batch one, even trusted vendors can not guarantee this as a fact) at your S/H expences in EU (or zero in the USA). So it's up to a customer to decide to trust SanDisk and their products now, nevermind lifetime warranty... they will not compensate if you lose precious family photos or flics.

Trust not, as they tried to play many people around, me included... I got my money back through vendor, left a very negative and detailed review on the product, and (trust me on this one) will not make the same mistake again with them.

I opted for a Samsung Pro series and I'm glad that I did (until proven wrong) as this one is ~20% faster then SanDICK ULTRA series. Beat that SanDICK...

ps: yep, I intentionally wrote their company name wrongly twice!

Pugisto

Jan 20, 2014
I owned sandisk 32GB class 10 micro SD wich died...sended to RMA ...they sended mea sandisk ultra 32GB class 10 micro SDHC wich sadly died too....

time for me for a new brand

LYandroid

Sep 16, 2013
Benghazi
I owned sandisk 32GB class 10 micro SD wich died...sended to RMA ...they sended mea sandisk ultra 32GB class 10 micro SDHC wich sadly died too....

time for me for a new brand

I guess from what @Fevves says,sandisk isn't a good option for me:banghead:,and so you,i will go with samsung official sdcards:D,or maybe another brand.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using xda app-developers app

ron1999

Dec 27, 2013
Im using Sandisk Class 10 SD card - very fast, very reliable
had my phone drown in a pool for three times now, phone died, SD card survived!

elepele

Mar 22, 2013
Tuzla
32GB MicroSDHC Card - UHS-1 Class 10 (Up to 30MB/s - 200x) with Adapter

best card, cheap and on ebay you get free shipping :)

CoolAndroid12

May 4, 2012
I have an USB drive (Extreme 64GB) from SanDisk, no problems yet, but I don't know about the sdcards. I use a Samsung 64GB microSDXC Pro for my S2 and it works just fine. Also quite fast.
The Samsung SDs are worth the money.

ngl_ro

Sep 12, 2011
i9100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Any class 10 Samsung cards should do just fine.

I`m using 32GB cards in both my phone ( S2 ) and my tab ( tab2 3G ) for over 2 years.

I only had to format the card in the phone because of bad Kitkat sdcard drivers corrupting the filesystem every time you access the card, but other than that never had file corruption or data loss.

I also save recorded videos / photos directly on card and class10 seems to handle it just as good as the internal memory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im just using amazon.com as a platform to show the cards :) All are Sandisk cards and all values are from Sandisk's website

Entry level:
    Class 4

Mid Range: *(I use this to store all my music and videos(most are 1080p) Runs as expected, did tests and transfer speeds between my pc and either this or the internal card offer the same speed)
    Class 10 Speeds up to 30MB/s

Performance Range:
    Class 10 Speeds up to 80MB/s Reads and 50MB/s Writes

WTF Perforance Range: *(Max capacity is only 16GB) **(Quite sure you won't get these speeds on the SII or any other android device)
    Class 10 Speeds up to 95MB/s

The Mid Range card should be more than enough...
    Class 6 or 10 should give you good speed.
    Sandisk or Samsung. those are bit expensive, but good.
    Thanks dude :),i will give it a try.

Because I once bough a cheap one (one of those chinese), and my pc and phone didn't recognize it.
    OK,so what do you think of class 6,is it good for me?

Sent from my GT-P5200 using xda app-developers app

Take a look at this Click Me see if the speed is good enough..
    Adding some:

SDSDQU-064G-U46A - should be or should have been the monster but most pre March 2013 can become corrupted or defective as XC are exFat and SII (if not on CM rom) is using FAT32 and you should reformat it to FAT32 (do not use WIndows system format!!!).

Personal story on that one in a very short manner: It just died on me 2 days ago after being used from the September 2012... I have no remedy for it, it's simply dead. I'm in the middle of a dispute with Amazon and from Monday with SanDisk too so to get reimbursed if they're not able to guarantee the subst. card will be from a new batch and with an upgraded ROM chip!

Said that, I have an old class 4 (I think, but unsure as it's from my wife's old Nokia XM5800) 4GB Nokia card mounted now and 720P videos are registering without a stutter, I haven't tried 1080P.

Screens: On the left is a SanDisk Ultra Mobile SDXC class 10 UHS1 64GB and on the right is a crappy Nokia class 4 4GB 2008 card, notice the (not) "great" difference??? Last screen is showing my current layout of the distributed memory on my SGS2. Remark: No apps/games are moved to any other memory but everything is installed on main and I have a total of 254 installed apps and 76 of preinstalled phone apps - as reported by Clean Master. That include 3 SatNav apps with respective maps.

uJnX0SW4muR7mSigxC8B0k_V7V9VGAGy9lRf5Mc1HqjmsHcpvY-EnN8scsZJAHfBa9mkAVSWeAVrx72Q03w78wkAHLYj_g6A
    a1yxtvecpwcVvLCJlsl0IgI0IsZzHfYsnYVMDRx1Bv9tzj3GhCbxVKS601w03lYigoOZVXHwVzGBafWm4WLkH6YmfEM7VGxE
    bYgJPG0v-irnqJ1VCv1EiIGtCY-BhMveoT69O8EOgx2Q69A9tR4oi0eax1SsdA5aiT9Gb7r6XOpi7qtWDPfSqZlHWQ7f2xzU

So, at the end of the day: Even many new cards are classified as ultra giga fast you won't be able to see that speed on SGS2.

Advice: Go only for genuine products of a well known brands and retailers you can really make sense of your warranty if it breaks. I guess Pro class HC of 32GB would suffice and choice is vast. Samsung is selling 32GB Plus series at around 22-25 EUR in Europe. I just ordered a Samsung MB-MGBGB/EU Pro 32GB class 10 UHS-1 for 34 EUR so I have recording capacity for the New Year's Eve and night, until I solve the issue with SanDisk and get substitution or reimbursement.

Cheers.