Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do we really need a screen protector...

Tip us?

Tool-kit
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Mistakes do happen, just have a screen protector on. If your car key scratches, you pull off plastic and put a new one. cost $5 instead of replacing glass for $150...

Houselegend
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Only Reason i would get a screen protector is to get a better picture on sunlight and no fingerprints ...

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sam...or-series.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Houselegend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Me i am biased as screen protector has just saved the day again .

jje

DesertVelo
Old
Thanks Meter 110
The screen protectors do serve a purpose, even with Gorilla glass. Just do not go crazy with the expensive protectors... not worth the cost.

Goodix33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't have any screen protection on my GS2 since I have It (7 month) and I don't have any scratch on the glass.
It may depends on how carreful is the owner of the phone. I'm a girl so my phone is in my bag separated from my keys... it may explain.

But I'm not sure about the back of the phone. It seems to be more sensitive.

XDA-Noobie
Old
(Last edited by XDA-Noobie; 27th April 2012 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Well my cousin has been using his phone (GS2) for almost 6 months without ANY protection at all (No cases or covers and no screen protector), he doesn't cares about the cellphone at all and there's only like 2 or 3 scratches (Just light scratches) in the screen while the device itself is all scratched
So i would say it's pretty good.

On my side since day 1 i always had a case (Similar to Otterbox but by Trident) and a screen protector, my device still looks brand new . . . the only problem is the Home button, even being careful it gets microscopic scratches.
BTW, a few days ago i purchased a SGP Ultra Clear for my GS2 and it's AWESOME. Recommended.

alexanter the great
Old
Thanks Meter 1002
all screens i have seen without screen protector has scraches.if you clean the screen and move the phone to the light you will see scraches.

s00000000000ka
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Screen Protector always on.

cez10
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool-kit View Post
Mistakes do happen, just have a screen protector on. If your car key scratches, you pull off plastic and put a new one. cost $5 instead of replacing glass for $150...
very true, plus 99% of screen protectors is good quality so its hardly possible to tell its actually there. ive had my sgs2 for nearly a year now, and even though i am always being extra careful the screen protector still managed to get 1-2 scratches and id rather have those scratches on the protector than on the actuall screen

pileot
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adik82 View Post
no need to buy screen protector for gorilla glass..i am also using my phone from last one year..not even a single scrach till now as the phone screen also goes unsmooth after putting up the screen protector.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

I had my phone for about.... a week? without a screen protector. Now i have not one but several scratches. GorillaGlass my ass.

Use a screen protector or risk having scratched glass. It is, after all, just glass. Any bit of sand, dust, or whatever rubbing on the screen CAN scratch it. Theres a reason they say scratch resistant and not scratch proof.
If what I said was remotely helpful the thanks button is right there, only takes a second.

Tags
the answer is no