FORUMS

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

Do we really need a screen protector...

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By JohnDoe01, Member on 26th April 2011, 12:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th April 2012, 11:28 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
get a screen protector, no harm if you have one on, my phone has several deep scratches,if you dont place your phone on hard objects or have a dedicated pocket,slot for your phone you should be fine.

i listen to music when outside working or doing the garden so i need it for protection from natural environments, i would recommend one, so when your out and about or in a hurry you dont have to worry about the screen when its in your pocket with other objects,coins etc.

29th April 2012, 02:27 PM |#112  
Flag KZN
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I think we need a screen protector. It comes in handy when you shove your phone
in your pocket with keys,coins etc.
29th April 2012, 04:23 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Having a screen protector on S AMOLED is like raping the screen..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to koolshubh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 04:58 PM |#114  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Had the phone for about 11 months, no screen protector, rarely use a case - it usually goes in a separate pocket in my handbag or a coat pocket (but never with keys, coins, etc) - and I can't see any scratches.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 05:08 PM |#115  
Account currently disabled
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 350

More
at the moment Im using a cheap (1.90) Matt screen protector from fleabay, on my old HTC I was using the ZAGG full body protection, not only is the zagg 1 the easiest SP in the world to install, it looks cool & is guaranteed for life.

as someone said before 500 phone, 2 screen protector. no contest really is there
29th April 2012, 09:37 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've used a screen protector for almost a year and only recently took it off. I only ever put the phone in its own pocket so it has no damage at all. So far without the protector I have no damage and prefer the feel of the screen.
30th April 2012, 03:46 AM |#117  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 265

More
I am currently using a matte screen protector and is impressed with it but I was just curious if there is a better one for anti glare cuz I still cant see my screen well under the sun.
30th April 2012, 04:37 AM |#118  
Flag Ghent
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Screenprotectors are ok,and they do prevent little scratches but I don't bother with them.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA
30th April 2012, 05:49 AM |#119  
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 106

More
no need for a screen protector. just search a few youtube videos searching 'sgs2 scratch test'. you'll see heaps of people trying to make a scratch. no one makes the smallest mark when displaying day-to-day use.
30th April 2012, 06:35 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootingdestroyer

no need for a screen protector. just search a few youtube videos searching 'sgs2 scratch test'. you'll see heaps of people trying to make a scratch. no one makes the smallest mark when displaying day-to-day use.

hahaha

youve said that in a thread where people have had dust scratch their ss2 screens

dust contains many many particles , some of these particles are tougher then gorilla glass , so if a piece of dust lands on your screen and you wipe it clean you could indeed end up wiping a scratch into your screen just through dust
The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 07:26 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I've gotten thin surface scratches on my device from pocket storage without any other objects.

With my sgs1 this would never happen.

I'm not too bothered though as you can only see them in bright lighting and if you're looking for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to RMonst3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
the answer is no
Previous Thread Next Thread