Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do we really need a screen protector...

Tip us?

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 161
get a screen protector, no harm if you have one on, my phone has several deep scratches,if you dont place your phone on hard objects or have a dedicated pocket,slot for your phone you should be fine.

i listen to music when outside working or doing the garden so i need it for protection from natural environments, i would recommend one, so when your out and about or in a hurry you dont have to worry about the screen when its in your pocket with other objects,coins etc.
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

vee4410
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I think we need a screen protector. It comes in handy when you shove your phone
in your pocket with keys,coins etc.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
ROM: Westcrip's Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.3
Kernel: Dorimanx v7.50
Baseband: I9100PBVLP7

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

koolshubh
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Having a screen protector on S AMOLED is like raping the screen..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to koolshubh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Isadora
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Had the phone for about 11 months, no screen protector, rarely use a case - it usually goes in a separate pocket in my handbag or a coat pocket (but never with keys, coins, etc) - and I can't see any scratches.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

blade30p
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 350
Default ...

at the moment Im using a cheap (1.90) Matt screen protector from fleabay, on my old HTC I was using the ZAGG full body protection, not only is the zagg 1 the easiest SP in the world to install, it looks cool & is guaranteed for life.

as someone said before 500 phone, 2 screen protector. no contest really is there

Fenom186
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've used a screen protector for almost a year and only recently took it off. I only ever put the phone in its own pocket so it has no damage at all. So far without the protector I have no damage and prefer the feel of the screen.

shadowblade330
Old
Thanks Meter 263
I am currently using a matte screen protector and is impressed with it but I was just curious if there is a better one for anti glare cuz I still cant see my screen well under the sun.
Phones:
Nexus 5 (current)

ROM:
Kernel:
Modem:

Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S2

Tablet:
Nexus 10 Tablet
Nexus 7 (2013)

RBoX MODS

My LOCKSCREEN MODS Updated 7/17/12

superbeak
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Screenprotectors are ok,and they do prevent little scratches but I don't bother with them.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA
-----Devices--------------------
ASUS Google Nexus 7 ---rooted--unlocked--stock ROM
Htc Incredible-ROM- Anthem v.4 FE Vizio Vtab1008-Stock 3.2
HTC Eris-Rooted-ROM-xtrrom
Iphone 3g-Jailbroken-Redd00r
Htc Dream/G1-Rooted, DEAD bad spl

--------------------------------
If i ever helped you in anyway or gave some good insight, please hit "thanks" it only takes a second!

rootingdestroyer
Old
Thanks Meter 106
no need for a screen protector. just search a few youtube videos searching 'sgs2 scratch test'. you'll see heaps of people trying to make a scratch. no one makes the smallest mark when displaying day-to-day use.

buxz777
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootingdestroyer View Post
no need for a screen protector. just search a few youtube videos searching 'sgs2 scratch test'. you'll see heaps of people trying to make a scratch. no one makes the smallest mark when displaying day-to-day use.
hahaha

youve said that in a thread where people have had dust scratch their ss2 screens

dust contains many many particles , some of these particles are tougher then gorilla glass , so if a piece of dust lands on your screen and you wipe it clean you could indeed end up wiping a scratch into your screen just through dust

The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
the answer is no