Do we really need a screen protector...

27th May 2012, 05:34 PM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 94

219 posts
dont need it ..BUT ....cant risk a scratch either ....its just annoying to look at a scratch ..lol
28th May 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 14

45 posts
More
A friend of mine managed to break the screen on his GS2, though I have no idea how he managed it. I take the piss out of him now because he's still not got it fixed after 6 months, may as well have an iPhone

I've never thought screen protectors were worthwhile, and with the GS2's screen there's little point. Besides, it's more likely that I'll forget it's in my pocket and end up sending it through the washing machine anyway :P
28th May 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #173  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 39

238 posts
More
Yesterday I watched some youtube videos on gorilla glass test for GS2 .
Man , those are freaking.... the phones is so hard to break and screen is really scratch proof.

wondering if anyone finds camera galss is also robust ??
30th May 2012, 08:40 AM   |  #174  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 722

2,953 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAnoop

and screen is really scratch proof.

It is not. It scratches rather easily. One tiny sand particle and you're doomed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pfeffernuss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #175  
Thanks Meter: 220

1,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

It is not. It scratches rather easily. One tiny sand particle and you're doomed.

It is "major" scratch-proof but its the micro scratches that is a bi***
30th May 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #176  
Thanks Meter: 60

356 posts
the s2 is pretty scratch resistant, I don't use a screen protector

but I did use my sisters new s2 and her screen (its like silk) watered glass, whereas mine is a bit rough.
31st May 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #177  
Burlington
Thanks Meter: 6

26 posts
More
Almost a year in owning my SGS2 and I'm still without screen protector. I keep it in its own pocket, separate from keys, etc. So far has been holding up well, but I know it can be ruined all too easily.

A few months back my ipad fell out of it's case face first and scratched the hell out of it, I'm afraid my sgs2 will do the same.
31st May 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #178  
Flag UC Davis
Thanks Meter: 89

346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchstiK

Almost a year in owning my SGS2 and I'm still without screen protector. I keep it in its own pocket, separate from keys, etc. So far has been holding up well, but I know it can be ruined all too easily.

A few months back my ipad fell out of it's case face first and scratched the hell out of it, I'm afraid my sgs2 will do the same.

It won't. Coming up on 1 year on my S2 and haven't used a protector ever. I don't have a single scratch. A few weeks ago my phone fell in an area with a rocky floor and it slid a few inches. Screen was very dusty but I cleaned it when I got home and I didn't have a single scratch.

Sent from my GT-I9100
31st May 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #179  
Thanks Meter: 10

142 posts
Dropped mine today. The screen didn't get scratched.
31st May 2012, 08:32 PM   |  #180  
Thanks Meter: 160

93 posts
had protectors on mine for ages.. but removed them and wow the screen is soo much nicer.. it wont scratch either if you leave it in its own pocket without keys/coins/etc.. metal has a lower density than glass too so it wont scratch it.. sand tho can do it no problems! the home button on s2 is not covered in gorilla glass and that one is scratched on mine :/

The Following User Says Thank You to grudas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
the answer is no
Previous Thread Next Thread