5,814,981 Members 39,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone been using their S2 without a case for long time?

Tip us?

viva.fidel
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I got my S2 in early May 2011, never had a case on it, dropped it plenty of times from hand height onto a wooden floor, dropped it 3 or 4 times from car seat height onto concrete, and once into a sink full of water.. all I have is one scratch on the top-left casing of the phone and a completely scratch free screen.. it's a pretty hard-wearing phone. Mind you I've always been careful to not put it in the same pocket as keys/coins

eTechUncut
Old
Thanks Meter 196
ive been using XtremeGuard since day one. $3 on ebay. small investment for protection.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
and
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Stock

I live my life in the fast lane. I flash ROMs on 20% battery.

terpion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had my SGS II since 05.2011. Never have I used any type of protection on it, I carry the phone i my jeans pocket and the only thing I had to do from time to time is to clean out the lint from USB port

ndnesh
Old
Thanks Meter 77
i have had my S2 since june 3rd 2011. I have had the SGP Ultra Silke Soul Black Case on it for the first 2-3 months. however, after getting the 2000mAh extended battery, i removed the case and since then have been using it without any case.

the screen does not have any scratches(neither does the screen guard), however, the silver plastic around the screen has had a small dent near the top right of the phone due to it falling from my hands onto concrete(ouch!)

Since then, i am using the standard samsung flip pouch with the phone!

Cheers!
Current Devices:
LG G2(D802) 32GB Stock, Rooted, Xposed 4.4.2 - D80220B-IND-XX
Latest Dori Kernel

Nexus 10 32 GB- Stock, Rooted 4.4.4

Nexus 7 (2012) 32 GB- Stock, Rooted 4.4.4

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 - Sold.
HTC TyTN II- Sold
Nokia N72- Retired.
Philips 568- Lost in time

djclark25
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Had mine since June with no screen protector or case.

Dropped it from a great height when put my jeans over the stairs bannister (With phone still in pocket)

It bounced off the railing landed on a radiator bounced onto a table full of crap then landed on the floor. I thoght the screen would be smashed and the phone would be covered in scratches and bumps.

Ended up with a little mark on the top trim and a chip out of the top front speaker!! impressed with how durable it is

[IMPI]
Old
Thanks Meter 0
got my S2 7 months ago.

I haven't used any cases or screenprotectors...but it still looks as awesome as on day 1 w/e scratches etc.

Putting le poor beauty in a case is like making Rihanna wear used toiletpaper on stage...imo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

anaweb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have had my s2 about 4 months and have gone with and without case but now use case whenever I am going out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

01alim
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Cool thread. I searched up 's2 is ugly with case' and this came up. I bought a case for the phone, but I can't get used to the look! It hides the true beauty of the phone, so from reading this thread, I have decided...

My S2 will remain naked for the rest of its life!

I won't be keeping it for long anyway, till the S3 comes out so I don't really care atm.

Lovely thread to boost my confidence, thanks!

androturk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNF View Post
So I think the S2 looks great without a screen protector and case, but I am wondering if it is safe to use it this way for a long time. Would gorilla glass be enough to protect the phone from drops on the screen? Also, is the phone built tough? Like would it break if dropped without a case a few times? I haven't ever dropped my phone since I bought it in the summer but it would still be nice to know this.
Well, no. I started using it without them as they're ugly, I started dropping it all the time. But; I will not use a case nor a screen protector:P

pnevroq
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Another opinion here...
Got my SGS2 from April and used without a case all the time, no scratches, only a little bit of paint at the bottom has come off. In the pocket I carry it in a pouch though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
ROM: Android 4.1.2 CleanBlankRom
Baseband: I9100XXLQ6
Kernel: Stock CM10
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro
www.pnevroq.com