Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[15.11.2012][ICS]PhilZ Touch 3.00 - CWM Based Recovery 6.0.1.5 (Temporary flash)

OP Phil3759

19th August 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #11  
kmetek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
too bad it's not permanent
19th August 2012, 09:45 PM   |  #12  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 32,053
 
9,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmetek

too bad it's not permanent

You need a custom kernel for that. My aim here was to keep stock kernel. For occasional flashers, not the daily ones, it is perfect

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
19th August 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

You need a custom kernel for that. My aim here was to keep stock kernel. For occasional flashers, not the daily ones, it is perfect

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Great stuff Phil3759. Would it be ok to flash and use with latest 4.0.4 firmware bearing in mind issues with eMMC brick bug?

Regards
fs1023
19th August 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #14  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 32,053
 
9,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs1023

Great stuff Phil3759. Would it be ok to flash and use with latest 4.0.4 firmware bearing in mind issues with eMMC brick bug?

Regards
fs1023

Koush said it will fix it. However, I do not have any feedback on this one. Till then, wipe in CWM + stock kernel 4.0.4 should be avoided, unless you want to test it

Hope someone can confirm it is safe.
19th August 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Koush said it will fix it. However, I do not have any feedback on this one. Till then, wipe in CWM + stock kernel 4.0.4 should be avoided, unless you want to test it

Hope someone can confirm it is safe.

I would test it but I have already had a brick due to eMMC bug and have noted that the PCB was changed in posts i made in forum, so don't want a potential another one.

BTW in your OP in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746794 you state that CWM 4 will be safe with brick bug so i assume it will be safe to use this recovery version till CWM v6 has been tested.

Many thanks for your help
19th August 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #16  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 32,053
 
9,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs1023

I would test it but I have already had a brick due to eMMC bug and have noted that the PCB was changed in posts i made in forum, so don't want a potential another one.

BTW in your OP in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746794 you state that CWM 4 will be safe with brick bug so i assume it will be safe to use this recovery version till CWM v6 has been tested.

Many thanks for your help

entropy512 confirmed CWM4 is safe
Seems versions 5.x and above are affected, not sure the new ones, only time and feedback will say. I would brick mine without problem as it is under warranty, but need it for dev/learning these weeks
20th August 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Would it be ok to flash kernal Siyah v.4.0.1 with Oobile Odin?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Sorry Mobile Odin

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
20th August 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #18  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 32,053
 
9,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs1023

Would it be ok to flash kernal Siyah v.4.0.1 with Oobile Odin?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Sorry Mobile Odin

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Mobile odin is a great tool for this
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #19  
vikas112's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
Thumbs up
Thanks for this. I currently have 6.0.1.1 no-touch with CW9.
Can I make this permanent on my phone somehow? Maybe using download mode?

Cheers
20th August 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #20  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 32,053
 
9,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
No, Kernel overwrites the recovery files on boot. So, no way without flashing a custom kernel with touch built in

Here is the link for the CyanogenMod kernel for i9100 with recovery 6.0.1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y99yvc...cwm6-i9100.img

I extracted recovery from that kernel. Looking at the console output, they do use CM9 source code, so give it a try and see if it is the last kernel update for you

The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes