Post Reply

[15.11.2012][ICS]PhilZ Touch 3.00 - CWM Based Recovery 6.0.1.5 (Temporary flash)

22nd August 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
hi phil, i use galaxian kernel which package with cwm version 5.5.0.4, if i flash recovery.img from clockworkmod manager, do i still have my galaxian with update cwm or i get back to stock kernel? thank you in advance
22nd August 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #22  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 31,201
 
9,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Sorry, I never used that CWM manager. I prefer playing with recovery my self. many people are reporting issues when updating recovery and fixing it in Clockworkmod Manager application. Basically, for our i9100, kernel must be patched or recovery does not stick... So, I am not sure about the application how it works on the i9100

You can make a nandroid backup, test it, give us the feedback, and restore if it didn't work as you expected
23rd August 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Sorry, I never used that CWM manager. I prefer playing with recovery my self. many people are reporting issues when updating recovery and fixing it in Clockworkmod Manager application. Basically, for our i9100, kernel must be patched or recovery does not stick... So, I am not sure about the application how it works on the i9100

You can make a nandroid backup, test it, give us the feedback, and restore if it didn't work as you expected

hi phil, you re right. tried it with cwm manager and i still have original 5.5.0.4 instead of newest one
23rd August 2012, 12:41 PM   |  #24  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 31,201
 
9,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by anang1979

hi phil, you re right. tried it with cwm manager and i still have original 5.5.0.4 instead of newest one

Thank you for the confirmation. It is frustrating that Koush no longer provide the zip for our phone and people are stuck with cm kernel.

Anyway, we can now all enjoy cwm6

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
23rd August 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #25  
Stileth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Phil, will this work also for i9100P?
24th August 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #26  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 31,201
 
9,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stileth

Phil, will this work also for i9100P?

Yes, it should work as they have same base hardware, only NFC
25th August 2012, 08:08 AM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Hello i own a smartq t30 tablet and it comes with a cmw 6.0.1.1 based recovery mode but it is all in chinese. Would anyone be so kind to post the structure of the menus in this recovery. (pictures or tekst) It would be of great help. Thanks in advance
25th August 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #28  
Stileth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
The order might not be same so I would not rely on that.

Odoslané z GT-I9100 cez Tapatalk 2
26th August 2012, 11:17 AM   |  #29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

No, Kernel overwrites the recovery files on boot. So, no way without flashing a custom kernel with touch built in

Here is the link for the CyanogenMod kernel for i9100 with recovery 6.0.1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y99yvc...cwm6-i9100.img

I extracted recovery from that kernel. Looking at the console output, they do use CM9 source code, so give it a try and see if it is the last kernel update for you

Thanks for that CM9 kernel Phil. I also want the CWM touch on CM9, is it possible to flash the kernel with my current version of CWM if i zip it? Dont have Odin with me.
Cheers.
26th August 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #30  
Phil3759's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 31,201
 
9,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by siganid

Thanks for that CM9 kernel Phil. I also want the CWM touch on CM9, is it possible to flash the kernel with my current version of CWM if i zip it? Dont have Odin with me.
Cheers.

Did not get you
What steps are you planning?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S II Android Development by ThreadRank