Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want me to settle resurrection ics thread to orginal development section?
YES 814 55.60%
NO 650 44.40%
Voters: 1464. You may not vote on this poll

GT-I9100 [Development] Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.5 [14/06/09]

Tip us?

raxidian
Old
Thanks Meter 38
GaboWinter that's a nice signature... I would like to see some Weyland|Yutani inspired logo for Westcripts Resurrection Remix.

The whole new Weyland aesthetics from the new movie looks great, also the UIs you can see in the trailers.

Rulandas
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis86 View Post
Does nova really make that much of a difference?
it made for me. was slightish laggy with apex. switched and difference was obvious. try it will not hurt. I only am missing feature to lock the desktop. They are very similar but as is smoother for me. I must say its better

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote:
I actually don't have any problem with this rom as it is right now (it's by far the best one till now, with an amazing battery life). But, as i like everything to be silky smooth, i see some micro stuttering with the apex l. Back in the "gingerbread era" i remember that go launcher was the only one to be perfectly smooth, so i was wondering if nova is the ICS's solution.
Have to be sure before spending 4$ :P
its free. so give it a try. if you like it. pay to unlock extra features. if you find them useful

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote:
I'm gonna listen to another Go launcher veteran then thnx mate, going on shopping right away

p.s. after installing nova, will i be able to remove apex or it's hard-linked to the rom?

P.P.S. Weird thing, it says that nova launcher isn't compatible with my device... O.o
I used titanium backup to backup it just in case and uninstalled it

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote:
i was on 184, i reverted back to 240 with the standard process (cleared data etc.) but still nothing. The market displays just the prime version and when i try to download it I get the message "not compatible with the device".. Gonna try to download the apk from the pc.

P.s. [Solved] The pc download did the trick testing now
why would anyone want to change dpi in first place ?!?
Say Thanks if you feel like

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9437
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxidian View Post
GaboWinter that's a nice signature... I would like to see some Weyland|Yutani inspired logo for Westcripts Resurrection Remix.

The whole new Weyland aesthetics from the new movie looks great, also the UIs you can see in the trailers.
Thanks mate, actually it's courtesy of @cyberboob

Yes the image from Prometheus it's awesome and that's it's a very good suggestion, i tell to wes for see what think about that

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Rulandas
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by safcalibur View Post
just downloaded go launcher, took a quick tour, then uninstalled and downloaded nova, dont know which i like better atm but am leaning toward nova....lets see...

btw, i reflashed v1.4 and am now running stock kernel hopefully that should improve battery life...

Just out of curiosity, can someone whos had some experience around kernels tell me whether you can 'instantly' tell that a particular kernel is for you or not?

After getting rid of siyah and running stock i cant tell the difference straightaway if at all, i bet its got something to do with me being a noobie (am learning day by day though ) but if someone with some experience could post their thoughts i would be very grateful; i'm hazarding a guess its got something to do with battery life, smoothness of use, responseiveness etc... am i right?

Thanks

Saf
its all mainly about battery life and performance and tweaks it allows...

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9437
Exclamation About FAQ v1.3 & v1.4

Guys i made a major update of the FAQ, i've change the format and add one index at the beginning trying of make more clear please check it, read it and distribute it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=20235

Suggestions are very welcome!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaboWinter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ijat91
Old
Thanks Meter 17
How can i change the font of this rom? Like previous samsung rom i can change it in display settings but in 1.4 i can't find it. Tried search in previous 30 pages, also search in google, no result...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy s2

Rulandas
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Default New MODEMS

Hyer

I believe these are newer then LPS

http://skywanker.net/download/downlo...I9100CPWLP5.7z

P.S. just click on modems...

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

@GaboWinter !!!!

very comprehensive FAQ lol

you can update there Thoravukk version to 2.3. its based on 2.21 and looks promising. am using it now. Now Siyah Kernel. I am on its forum now. 3.1rc3-3.1rc5 or something are battery drainers. Weird stuff are with its 3.1rc6. battery fixed but more serious things happening. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...55259&page=469. read from post 2686 lol. So I would suggest only betas or maybe early release candidates if you really want Siyah Kernel that is available to this date...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rulandas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spade616
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.shishani View Post
Just flashed the latest Siyah Kernel but no change...Still not able to have Data Connection...
bro, try the thoravukk kernel. with the stock kernel i wasnt able to get any apns, or any data connection at all, and thoravukk solved that problem.

mytatsrsick
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjelstrup View Post
Hey! What happened to my fm radio?? In ver. 1.4
I feel the version is half finished, you have to do too much complex after install, to a few but importen things to work. ;-(
But hope you can tell me how I get my FM radio again?
spirit fm from play store

thanks if i helped please

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogambit78 View Post
video call without using 3rd party app, is it possible with AOKP?
for the millionith time people search-escpecially when someone give you a answer
and NO it is not possible

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelinski View Post
They said is it siyah and i said your told to use it at your own risk, as in it most probably is siyah, so what more can i do if i don't know the issue?
re-flash with 1.3 and full wipe first, thenflash 1.4 no-wipe over the top do all wiping dalvik and cache andfix permission, reboot then flash latest siyah kernal clear every cache, fix perms and reboot

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by safcalibur View Post
Thanks Dr MacHack, cant give you a 'thanks' as i'm maxed out but will be sure to leave you one when I can.

If I want to revert back to the stock kernel that came with the rom how do i get rid of siyah?

Thanks

Saf
RE-FLASH

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubist View Post
moving from Hydrogenics ROM to this Resurrection .

I have a very bad battery life on hydrogenics 12h with moderate use and 2h Display on time with original 2000mah.

i hope i can get with this rom a better battery life.

The best combination for best battery life ?
Performance is not important.
Lulzactive and then download the lulzactive app from the play store

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Does nova really make that much of a difference?
yeah it does, i noticed myself, way smoother but i kept having to reload my widgets

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm gonna listen to another Go launcher veteran then thnx mate, going on shopping right away

p.s. after installing nova, will i be able to remove apex or it's hard-linked to the rom?

P.P.S. Weird thing, it says that nova launcher isn't compatible with my device... O.o
yeah is weird and you can remove apex with system app remover or freeze with titanium backup

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijat91 View Post
How can i change the font of this rom? Like previous samsung rom i can change it in display settings but in 1.4 i can't find it. Tried search in previous 30 pages, also search in google, no result...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Unfortunately this isn't possible yet, i hope that future versions of AOKP include that setting

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulandas View Post
Hyer

I believe these are newer then LPS

http://skywanker.net/download/downlo...I9100CPWLP5.7z

P.S. just click on modems...

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

@GaboWinter !!!!

very comprehensive FAQ lol

you can update there Thoravukk version to 2.3. its based on 2.21 and looks promising. am using it now. Now Siyah Kernel. I am on its forum now. 3.1rc3-3.1rc5 or something are battery drainers. Weird stuff are with its 3.1rc6. battery fixed but more serious things happening. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...55259&page=469. read from post 2686 lol. So I would suggest only betas or maybe early release candidates if you really want Siyah Kernel that is available to this date...
Thanks for your feedback man

Yes, i want have more days to give the feedback of Thoravukk 2.3 and about the Siyah's that's because i'm put as option the betas, when i used it the battery was amazing

When you have more days of using Thoravukk 2.3 tell me how works

Tags
aokp, custom rom i9100, galaxy s2, google android, ics, resurrection remix