Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want me to settle resurrection ics thread to orginal development section?
YES 814 55.60%
NO 650 44.40%
Voters: 1464. You may not vote on this poll

GT-I9100 [Development] Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.5 [14/06/09]

Tip us?

poczesaniec1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
for me 1.3 have poor performance,in all things,the best is 1.1,here wifi is turn on allways automaticly,why?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk

metzo32
Old
Thanks Meter 43
After restored 1.1 from earlier backup..feel that the sensor and total performance is not the same like first when installed.!!
Can I flashed back without wiping data/factory reset ?
better to use the original kernel or to change it? what is the best one working with 1.1 Now? ...thanks for any help
FrepA Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim132 View Post
ANDROID ICS BLUE BOOT ANIMATION [MORE DETAILED]

Here is my latest bootanimation, based on the old white android bootanimation we had.
This is a lot more detailed and branded with "Resurrection Remix ICS 4.0.4 AOKP".

I would like to kindly ask GaboWinter and Westcrip to add the following download link somewhere everyone can find it, save it getting lost in amongst all the other posts! I would be happy to see it embedded into the next v1.4 update as well, if Westcrip thinks it's worthy enough.....?

To Install:
1. Download and install "Root Explorer" from Play Store.
2. Download bootanimation.zip and upload to phone memory
3. Open Root Explorer and navigate to bootanimation.zip on your phone memory and copy or move file to /system/media.
Note: You must press the "Mount R/W" button in the top right corner of Root Explorer, the button will then change to "Mount R/O". This will enable you to overwrite your current bootanimation.zip with the new one.

Download: bootanimation.zip
The mirror is one of my work servers, hence the unfamiliar domain.
Thanks. Was gonna make one myself, but this is good for now as well. Looking nice, especially since this doesn't put me into a seizure unlike the default one

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzo32 View Post
After restored 1.1 from earlier backup..feel that the sensor and total performance is not the same like first when installed.!!
Can I flashed back without wiping data/factory reset ?
better to use the original kernel or to change it? what is the best one working with 1.1 Now? ...thanks for any help
I did a full wipe when going back to 1.1. Using Siyah 3 stable. Everything works fine now here. No issues that 1.3 brought me are showing up now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marco_ch
Old
Thanks Meter 7
hey guys

i used v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2 - at some point I always had an overheating issue at the backside of the phone, close to the camera. I believe there is the cpu?

I had this overheating issue with official roms too. actually for quite some time already.

needless to say, this drained my battery pretty quickly.

well ok, why this posting? because I think i have found out the reason, at least for me.

do you use twitter? do you use the app tweetcaster? well I do - and everytime at some point the app did not close properly. the app drains in the background, not noticeable by the stock task-manager. i did some more analysis and noticed that the cpu was nearly constantly used by it. couldnt find any other app doing the same.

anyways - not wanna talk bad of the app at all - but since i removed that app and replaced it I havent had the overheating/draining issue again.

phone is always cool now. draining 6% in 9 hours during the night and if in regular use (the usual stuff, call/social/media) 24hours easily.

so - if you have an overheating/draining issue, it might be due to an app that is not closing properly - and not the rom in general. thanks android for a real lousy process management.
The Following User Says Thank You to marco_ch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ninabeertje
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldmar View Post
After installing v1.3 + Siyah I can't get KIES to recognize my phone (I use it for syncing with Outlook).

It keeps trying to connect but never connects.

Any ideas?
use android sync you can find it with google and its free
you can sync agenda, contacts etc... works fine

fayezkhan555
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Did anybody notice that siyah rc3 is consuming alot of battery while in power off mode but while using the phone it is comperatively less consumable than other kernels do

Clinton93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i installed 1.3 then gapps then black themed then i dont have a messenger app like for texting or anything..ideas?

Pigmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton93 View Post
i installed 1.3 then gapps then black themed then i dont have a messenger app like for texting or anything..ideas?
Try installing the classic theme, and then the black theme again.. Everyone that have lost their mess app have used black theme

Ibsonic
Old
Thanks Meter 561
ive been thinking and thinking, V1.1 was the best version of Remix with the Apps like Samsung dive, fast GPS fix and a samsung based rom (thats the reason why i bought a samsung device and not a Nexus)

But V1.3 is faster with touch sensitivity and fluency but it has no Samsung apps or possibilities. If west just could make a ROM a new "REMIX" of AOKP sensitivity and fluency and the AOSP of V1.1 it would make my life easier..

Im tired of flashing V1.3 and discovering that i need a good GPS fix.. and put my Nandroid backup Of 1.1 back.. but then i realize that its slower than 1.3 so again nandroid backup to 1.3 and so forth..

I just need BOTH, and if i ever find THAT version of remix.. im done for over 3 months with flashing and stuff..

tim132
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Haha I know that previous bootanimation is material for an epileptic seizure!

Sent from my GT-19100 using Westcrip's ICS Remix v1.3!

Tags
aokp, custom rom i9100, galaxy s2, google android, ics, resurrection remix