FAQ for v1.6
⊗ General Issues
⊗ Issues of v1.6
- Extended steps to install the ROM
- I'm have a several battery draining ¿Why?
- ¿Where are the Call Recording?
- ¿Where are the Radio FM?
- The lights of capacitive (menu and back) buttons doesn't work ¿What can i do?
- The vibration intensity for pulsations it's to hard ¿How can reduce that?
- I'm set the 'Honeycomb' lockscreen and now i can't unlock the phone ¿What can i do?
- If i set the lockscreen pattern my lockscreen wallpaper dissapear ¿What can i do?
- ¿How can i change the bootanimation?
- ¿How can i change the font of the ROM?
- About USB mass storage and MTP connections
- ¿Where are the files of my External SD?
- ¿Ok, but then how set my external SD like "external_sd" instead of "emmc"?
- ¿Why the dock audio setting it's not included?
- I can't find my backup / Some apps storage the downloaded files on the external SD instead of internal / Other issues with storage like this one's ¿What can i do?
- Titanium Backup says: "Not Enough Space" ¿What can i do?
- AdAway it's not working ¿What can i do?
Until now nothing!
« Extended steps to install the ROM
The steps on the OP are very clear but apparently some users miss some things or can't get a properly installation so, here are the extended steps (personally i'm always use this method):
If you are on Thoravukk kernel the first step to install the ROM it's back to the Stock Kernel(CM9) then you can continue:
« I'm have a several battery draining ¿Why?
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe Data / Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Install the Main ROM
- In recovery go to Advanced
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Fix Permissions
- Wipe Cache Partition
- If at the first boot you can't do the configuration of the google account, skip this step and continue
- When you boot into the system, it's probably that you don't have data enabled (3g, H+) just reboot
- When you boot again into the sistem the data will be enable and you can do the configuration of Google Account (if you don't do this before)
- This is the moment for install all the extras like themes, fix's, kernels, etc.
The user dave7802 give us a very good explanation in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=20229
Of course that it's not everything, for example, many users are reporting that the lasts versions of Siyah are not the best option to have your battery safe, others said that Thoravukk it's an awesome option. I'm always read the feedback of the users when i'm wake up i'm read all the posts of the night so the, probably best, order of the kernels to have a better battery it's:
- Thoravukk version 2.23
- Stock of Resurrection (CM9)
- Siyah Kernel with some of the betas
but remember this is very subjective, all depends of your customization, if you want more info. about Governors, Kernels, Voltages, etc. please read this post:
« ¿Where are the Call Recording?
Unfortunately Call Recording it's imposible to port to AOKP...for the moment
« ¿Where are the Radio FM?
The lasts versions of Resurrection are AOKP and the Radio can't be included, the option it's test some app that give this feature but i don't know if works properly, as example you can see this post by deltasync and give it a try: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=22330
« The lights of capacitive (menu and back) buttons doesn't work ¿What can i do?
This is a weird issue, for some people works well for some others don't, first of all the settings of this feature are on: Settings -> Device Settings -> Sensors -> Touch buttons, then you can try enable from there, if don't work please look the following post, it's a possible solution by SoulTerrox
Also you can try flashing Thoravukk kernel, it's reported that with this kernel the behavior of light it's the right one (just a few seconds on and then off) check this post of Vreestyle:
« The vibration intensity for pulsations it's to hard ¿How can reduce that?
By default it's not possible, but you can deactivate the vibration on Settings -> Sound. If you are user of Siyah Kernel then try reduce that via ExTweaks https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.extweaks.app
personally i'm not tested this yet, but some users of Resurrection are reporting that works
Please remember, ExTweaks only works with Siyah Kernel's
« I'm set the 'Honeycomb' lockscreen and now i can't unlock the phone ¿What can i do?
On v1.3 the best that you can do it's choose another lockscreen mode, but if you are on this trouble just send an email to you or call from another phone, anything that sends you a notification will unlock the phone so you could go to settings and make the change.
On v1.4 You can unlock the phone swipe to up the icon, even that you can't see an icon the phone will be unlocked.
« If i set the lockscreen pattern as method of unlock my lockscreen wallpaper dissapear ¿What can i do?
First of all, not dissapear just show the same wall that in homescreen, but the point is, ¿why i can't have a personalized wallpaper and the pattern working?
That's because you set the lockscreen wallpaper with ROM Control settings and the pattern with the 'normal' settings, this ones 'substitute' the settings of ROM control and as we can't set lockscreen wallpaper from 'normal' settings it's not possible have the combo!
I hope that in the new versions of AOKP be included on ROM Control the setting for pattern, in this way you never experienced this problem again.
On the changelog of AOKP B33 says that this feature it's fully working, unfortunately wes experimented some troubles to making work, we hope soon the update to have the full functionality in this setting
« ¿How can i change the bootanimation?
For the bootanimations featured on the Mirrors Index v1.6 i make flashable files through recovery too, so this is another option
First of all, i know that are many apps on Play Store that let us make this change but, in the same way that with DPI i like the manual mode, i prefer make the changes myself whenever i can so, here are the steps:
- Make a backup of the original Bootanimation file it's on the path /system/media and it's call bootanimation.zip
- Download the animation that you want, on the mirrors index are many of them: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=22537
- Rename the file that you download to bootanimation.zip (in case that the name was different)
- Copy the bootanimation.zip to your SD card
- Copy the file to the path /system/media, this process need to be made with some file explorer that let you change the permissions from 'Read Only' to 'Read and Write' (i'm always working with Root Explorer)
- Replace the original bootanimation.zip with the one that you download
- Reboot and it's done
If you want a bootanimation that includes sound, be enough that you put the .wav file on the path /system/etc but if don't work then take a look on this post courtesy of tim132:
« ¿How can i change the font of the ROM?
Unfortunately there no are a default setting to make this change, but you can do it with the combo of ROM Toolbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iberty.toolbox
and Font Installer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...font.installer
thanks to PatrickWu for the tip!
« About USB mass storage and MTP connections
On v1.6 you can select the connection mode going to:
Settings - Storage Size - Clic on Menu Button - PC Connection - And select the one that you want, if you have some troubles with MTP take a look on these posts please:
thanks to khelyaan, eldecanopy and lbsonic for the information.
« ¿Where are the files of my External SD?
This time the manage the external sd it's different way, now the external SD it's called /emmc
, there are your files. You can access to this folder with any file explorer (even the built-in one). Just open the file manager, select the "mnt" button, the one between the Home icon and SD icon. Inside you'll find emmc.
« ¿Ok, but then how set my external SD like "external_sd" instead of "emmc"?
Please check this post courtesy of lbsonic:
If you have troubles with the featured method, at reboot the problem persists and you can't see anything on external_sd, please check this post by ggs2:
« ¿Why the dock audio setting it's not included?
Unfortunately this feature it's not supported on AOKP ROM's we have to wait one update from the Kang Team
« I can't find my backup / Some apps storage the downloaded files on the external SD instead of internal / Other issues with storage like this one's ¿What can i do?
First of all this "issue" it's presented with users of Siyah Kernel, why? Remember the words of Gokhanmoral:
"changed “format /emmc” and “format /sdcard” to “format internal sdcard” and “format external sdcard” to prevent confusion. In CWM Recovery, /emmc is internal sdcard and /sdcard is the external."
That's on the changelog of RC6 and 3.1 as you can see here http://www.gokhanmoral.com/
We, on Resurrection, still have the structure with /emmc for the externa SD, so this maybe cause a confusion for some users, meanwhile an update from CM9 and Resurrection it's released you can use Thoravukk and Stock Kernel to avoid the "issue"
« Titanium Backup says: "Not Enough Space" ¿What can i do?
Please check this useful post courtesy of 078gregory:
« AdAway it's not working ¿What can i do?
deltasync have a solution for this issue, you can see on his post:
⊗ Exclusive Issues of v1.6
If anyone thinks that other question needs to be here please tell me via PM, you can distribute the link to this post if you want!
Thanks and keep the thread clean of repeated questions, always read the FAQ first!