Thanks Meter 8
Don't like this idea...
Samsung Galaxy S2
ROM : Cognition 1.42
http://www.Adeel-Asif.com
Follow me on Twitter

zikarus
Old
(Last edited by zikarus; 19th July 2011 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShaw View Post
The thread hasn't been deleted, it's been closed. The reasons (while obvious) are above.
Closed or deleted - did not see it but no big difference anyway.

And there is nothing obvious neither about the closing nor the separation.

If you like to install a new tool do so. Build it, introduce it. Till then leave things as they were, stop separation and maybe excuse for the mess you produced by an unbiased decision... My 5 ct

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

nilezon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I really don't understand what an "original ROM" is. Google wrote the only original Android ROM imho.

mynameisjon
Old
Thanks Meter 80
here's a thought.

Villain Rom Lite is in "original" even though it's clearly based off VillainRom.

There's CLEAR favoritism going on here.

It should either be merged with the original or moved. It's just the same ROM with removed apps. How is that "original"?

efato
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Simple Result:
As far as I see; Some devs are out of business and as far as I feel, more to be...

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjon
here's a thought.

Villain Rom Lite is in "original" even though it's clearly based off VillainRom.

There's CLEAR favoritism going on here.

It should either be merged with the original or moved. It's just the same ROM with removed apps. How is that "original"?
Uhm actually the fact that thread was buried a few pages until yesterday meant svetius may have missed it. Moved it across.

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4

DANDANA
Old
Thanks Meter 12
That's grand, we don't have derivated roms anymore, we have originals and others (stolen, fakes, not so cool). I like the way mods are listening...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S III

Major_Sarcasm
Old
Thanks Meter 183
I must admit, the way the mods have chosen to separate the two development sections doesn't sit well with me at all. The criteria for which section a ROM goes in to is very subjective and open to various interpretations, all of which are prone to the moderator's possible bias.

Strictly speaking, only one or two ROMs are 'original development' and belong in that section. All the others are derivatives in some way or another.

A better way to clean up the dev forum would be to have a couple of sub-sections; perhaps one for all ROMs (regardless of source), one for kernels and related modifications and another for android-specific modifications. Then, be strict about enforcing the sub-section criteria. Also, ask ROM chefs to state in their OP whether the ROM is based on another ROM and to credit the original developer/chef.

Everything else goes in Themes & Apps.

Also, having a mandatory format for thread titles (a la the HD2 forum) is an excellent way to keep things tidy and ensure that people know when a new release has been posted and what the releases are based upon. It worked over in HD2 rather well I thought. After coming from an HD2 to the S2, I thought that the S2 forums were a little untidy to say the least.

Ok, serious mode off, back to my usual sarcastic self.
Steve - Nexus 4 (Omni) & Nexus 7 (CM10.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEURONIX View Post
Is there possible to install an iOS 4 on the Android. So it will be the same as on iPhone.
If I made you laugh or I helped you in some way, click the 'Thanks' button.
If I upset you or made you cry, get a grip; this isn't real life! It's XDA Developers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Major_Sarcasm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheBishopOfSoho
Old
Thanks Meter 13
OK, I dont agree with the splitting of the forums, but its not my decision and will go along with it. One thing that does really annoy me and needs to be fixed is that this new forum doesnt show up on the android app. Can that be fixed? I like keeping up with a few roms here and am usually on the move.

Major_Sarcasm
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishopOfSoho View Post
OK, I dont agree with the splitting of the forums, but its not my decision and will go along with it. One thing that does really annoy me and needs to be fixed is that this new forum doesnt show up on the android app. Can that be fixed? I like keeping up with a few roms here and am usually on the move.
No harm in disagreeing! If enough people disagree, the mods may relent on this decision.
Steve - Nexus 4 (Omni) & Nexus 7 (CM10.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEURONIX View Post
Is there possible to install an iOS 4 on the Android. So it will be the same as on iPhone.
If I made you laugh or I helped you in some way, click the 'Thanks' button.
If I upset you or made you cry, get a grip; this isn't real life! It's XDA Developers!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe