[HOW TO] CRT-Effect only

Search This thread

bruflot

Jun 9, 2011
I dont understand what i did wrong.i downloaded your template and put my framework-res.apk in your zip's system/framework.i just applied the update from sd card and chose the zip and then cwm says update is successful.But nothing happens.No crt.i dont understand The part -where do i extract the zip on my phone as update file in cwm has to be .zip .I am on stock kg5 witb speedmod kernel t38.

Also if i cant get the crt can neone tell me what files i changed on my system so i can revert back to the original.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

You must have done something wrong in the process of adding the CRT effect.
Perhaps you dragged over the wrong file? :p
Or maybe even you forgot to switch the resources.arsc?

abhiwltya

Apr 20, 2011
You must have done something wrong in the process of adding the CRT effect.
Perhaps you dragged over the wrong file? :p
Or maybe even you forgot to switch the resources.arsc?

I want to know if i put my framework-res.apk in your zip then where do i exreact it before i flash it.isnt the flashing is done by a .zip file from cwm.so why do i extract your zip at the first place..please haaaaallllppp.

bruflot

Jun 9, 2011
I want to know if i put my framework-res.apk in your zip then where do i exreact it before i flash it.isnt the flashing is done by a .zip file from cwm.so why do i extract your zip at the first place..please haaaaallllppp.

You should just place the zip file on your sdcard, wherever you want it. Then flash it with CWM

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

sabrateur

Sep 15, 2011
OP, thanks. I used the first method and it works.

In case anyone wants to know, I am using stock ROM DXKH2, with CF-Root kernel KH1.

I learnt a few things trying to do this:
1) How to use adb push/pull
2) How to use APKTool
3) APKs can actually be opened with archive managers (7zip)
4) CF-Root kernel is NOT an insecure kernel (so adb root or adb remount won't work), so I had to use the push to temp location method.

So thank you again OP!

j0sh0

Jun 28, 2011
Dublin
hi all
i tried to pull framework-res.apk, decompile it, modify bools.xml, recompile the apk with apk manager v4.9, replace the resources.atsc in the original apk push it again in /system/framework but when i reboot i get a boot loop... someone can help me?
thanks ;-)

PS i'm running cognition 777 rc2

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

nevermind... comment #35 worked for me!
thanks ;-)

sianzb0i

May 19, 2009
i couldnt build the apk again. it had many errors. when it decompiled i encountered many errors i didnt see before as well.
im on xwlpg.

Attachments

• decompile.jpg
    decompile.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 653
  • compile.jpg
    compile.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:

ioannis_m

Nov 18, 2013
Will this .zip fix my distorted CRT effect on Galaxy S with CM10.2 /CM11?
By distorted i mean that it is there but it is not as smooth as it was.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just the plain CRT effect. No custom roms, no pre-made files or anything. (You need root)
    I've searched for this on XDA, Google, other forums etc. but I couldn't find it.
    It always showed up ROMs including this feature, not the actual feature itself

DO A BACKUP BEFORE EDITING ANY FILES!
    Also, you need root

1. Pull framework-res.apk from the /system/framework/ folder via ADB (Alternate way below*)

2. Decompile framework-res.apk with APKTool/APK Manager (Whatever you prefer..)

3. Navigate to /res/values/ and open the bools.xml file with Notepad++ (Notepad works too :p)

4. Search for "config_animateScreenLights" and change the "true" to "false".

5. Save, and compile the file. Open the fresh-compiled file and copy resources.arsc to the original apk. (Overwrite the existing one)

Transfer the framework-res.apk file back to your phone, and then switch it with the original one :)

You must reboot to make it work!

*If you don't know how to push/pull files via adb, you can use Root Explorer and copy it to the /sdcard/ folder, then transfer it to your PC.

If you switch it back with root explorer, programs will start to force close. Just reboot and you'll be fine :)
    CWM Flashable template
    Use the attachment below as a template for flashing with CWM.
    Open the .zip file, and place your framework-res.apk in system/framework/
    Then extract it to your phone and flash it :)
    To fix CRT : an other thing to modify in bools.xml :

In values/bools.xml put this:
    Code:
        <bool name="config_sf_slowBlur">true</bool>

Instead of false

To fix pixelating CRT

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
    I am not sure why your method was not working for me running Villain 1.3, however i have tested my method and it works.

1. Copy and paste framework-res.apk from /system/framework/ to /sdcard/ using root explorer (as backup just in case)

2. copy and paste framework-res.apk into "place-apk-here-for-modding" (APK Manager)

3. run option 9 to decompile framework-res.apk (APK Manager)

4. navigate to \out\res\values\ and open the bools.xml file with Notepad

5. Search for "config_animateScreenLights" and change the "true" to "false", then save the notepad

6. run option 11 to compile it

7. navigate to "place-apk-here-for-modding", the compiled file name will be "repackaged-unsigned.apk"

8. open repackaged-unsigned.apk with 7-zip (i prefer this)

9. open the original framework-res.apk with 7-zip

10. drag and drop "META-INF" and "AndroidManifest.xml" from original framework-res.apk into repackaged-unsigned.apk (replace)

11. rename repackaged-unsigned.apk to framework-res.apk

12. use 7-zip open CRT.zip, drag and drop the renamed framework-res.apk into "framework" folder

13. flash CRT.zip via CWM

Note: if you are using tegrak kernel, learn how to flash from its guide before trying! Always keep a backup of framework-res.apk in case you screw up!
    Thank you very much, Worked :D

tried it on KF2
    hey

will this method work for xperia mini ics with custom rom?