Branch 5.x only for AOSP 4.2.2 (CWM & TWRP)
Branch 6.x only for AOSP 4.3.x (TWRP)
Branch 7.x only for AOSP 4.4.x (TWRP)
Branch 8.x only for AOSP 5..x (TWRP)
DEVELOPMENT STOPPED . APOLO WON'T WORK IN LATEST LP ROMS . MORE INFO
Apolo Configurator -> will be available in Google Play THIS
Apolo 8.0 Beta9
- initramfs updated
- TWRP 220.127.116.11
- zRam enabled
- initramfs updated
- App2SD Fixed
- Wifi Toggle issues fixed
- Network issues fixed
- CM wifi issue fixed
- same initramfs for cm and omni (same kernel for all roms)
- charging animation fixed
- zzmoove updated to 1.0beta5
- Recovery TWRP updated to 18.104.22.168
- Updated initramfs to latest CM & OMNI
- Recovery TWRP updated to 22.214.171.124
- Governor zzmoove updated to 1.0 Beta4
- Fuse bug fix by @zeitferne (thanks to @Lanchon too)
- Charging Animation fixed (thanks to @Lysergic Acid)
Apolo 7.3 (final version for kitkat)
- Governor zzmoove updated 1.0 Beta5 (thanks ZaneZam)
- TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 ("Reboot Bootloader" button fixed)
- SPEEDUP KEYRESUME (Faster wake up at power button and incoming call)
- Fixed fuse bug (thanks to @Lanchon)
Apolo 4.15b for SAMMY JB ROMS (Removed vibration interface compared with 4.15)
- Governor zzmoove updated to 1.0 beta 4Changelog old Versions in Post #2
- Speedup keyresume (faster wake up)
- Governor Neox has come back (not included in beta )
- FPBug fix by @zeitferne & @Lanchon)
Download links in the usual section in this OP
This kernel is mainly based in hardcore work (thank you to Hardcore for his great contributions). I have added undervolting (kind of phenomenal) and some additional features.
- CWM and TWRP recovery in Samsung. In AOSP I will use only TWRP in the future.
- No logs, no extra debugging
- install su, supersu in samsung. Support init.d and cifs
- Ondemand Tweaked by Hardcore
- Added some governors (specially tweaked slp and zzmoove)
- Scheduler changing enabled
- BLN enable (Since Apolo 4.5 BLNWW too)
- CRT-OFF enable
- Effective Underclock (max frequency limited)
- UV Interface for ARM (you can change voltages in ARM with external aplications)
- Kernel Includes frandom for using with CrossBreeder (I really recomend it, Thx idcrisis)
- No Overclock and no different CPU-GPU steps from stock (please don't ask me more about that, I won't add it)
Update Supersu (only sammy kernel, AOSP doesn't have supersu)
Choose normal update (not the other with CWM/TWRP). In case you chose the wrong option, you'll have a bootloop. Read the bootloop section in this OP to recover your system.
UV cannot damage your mobile phone, but it can make your device unsteady. It is important that you choose the right version for your mobile.
There are some Apolo versions depending on the UV used:
- Light (stock voltages)
- Regular (-50mV in ARM, internals)
- Extreme (3 versions, you can try to see what versión is better for your battery life): in JB system chooses among the different steps available inside the kernel (in internal and ARM), so depending what step is chosen, final voltages applied are different.
Regular and extreme has -50mv UV in GPU (others UV like bus, memory, video controller too). Light has stock voltages in GPU
I recommend you try regular version first. If there are no problems in two days (reboots or frozen screens) you can try extreme V0.
System changes voltages in some devices (new in JB). Android chooses among voltages included in kernel (8 steps in every frequency). I recommend not to change them in extrem versions.
More information and Voltages values:
Depending on the device, system changes voltages (in JB), choosing among voltages defined in the kernel source. It seems, system tries to choose the ideal ones for every device (taking into consideration internal and ARM voltages).
For each frequency, there are 8 posible voltages in the code (I call them steps). In ICS, system always chose 4th step for every frequency, but in JB it doesn't sometimes.
It happends with ARM voltages (you can see them in the configurator) and with internal voltages, so there are many possibilities
You can see ARM and Internal voltages in this pdf (it is in Spanish but I think you can understand it) :
So, it is not strange that configurator shows different values in two different devices with the same Apolo version. It simple, system has chosen different voltages steps. I recommend you don't pay too much attention to this, it is not important, indeed system try to be stable choosing different values.
- TWRP and CWM Backups are not compatibles between them, so you need the suitable version to restore your backups.
- I recommend OBackup. Great application for making backups in Android itself (it supports TWRP and CWM).
- Not always less voltages means better battery life, it depends on your device. The only way is testing every version and please start with Regular or Light version
- Deep Sleep problems sometimes is caused by undervolting. If your system doesn't enter in deep sleep and it is not because of any application , install regular or light version.
- It is not the same, lower ARM voltages with an external APP (for example Apolo Configurator) and change Apolo version (V2,V1,V0 or regular) because there are more voltajes involved (not only ARM)
- If you want to turn off the leds always (when you touch tactile buttons), you have to use Apolo Configurator, otherwise (if you use only Samsung settings) your leds will turn on when you turn on the screen.
- If your system doesn't boot due to wrong Voltages, flash this in recovery : download zip
- Acess to internal sd in TWRP recovery :
then go to
that's your internal sd
- Recommended wipe Cache and Dalvik after changing any kernel (it is not mandatory but it is a good custom)
- To increase sound volume use mods like Viper or appications like Alsa Mixer or Vodoo louder in play store
Enable logs in TWRP and v7 : Create a file in "/data" named ".enable_logs" and reboot.
¿In kit kat, should I use CM version or Omni version?
Just see if your ROM has superuser included (I mean if you can gain root just enabling it in developer options). In that case you should use CM version. If your ROM needs supersu to manage the root, install omni version.
- Battery Animation doesn't work when phoes is off
- S2W doesn't work after rebooting.
To avoid it, increase the screen timeout. Another solution is to keep the screen on, while the phone is starting until android had started completely and you can be sure that the script has been applied (more than a minute because the script has 60 seconds of delay).
- If BLN y/o WIFI doesn't work in kit kat ROMS (maybe it can help in other bases too)
Rom settings (name depends on the ROM) - Active display must be disabled, otherwise BLN won´t work
If BLN test or wifi doesn't work, try this:
- Remove Apolo folder in /system (if folder exists)
- Go to Recovery
- Wipe Cache
- Flash Apolo
- Wipe cache again
- Avast doesn't work with Apolo, if you can't live without it, use other kernel, sorry
- Bootloops: it doesn't happend very often but it can happend in JB if there is something corrupt in partitions. Posible solutions:
1) Try to enter to recovery. Press vol up, Home button and Power button at the same time until the device enters into recovery (system can restart 2 or 3 times, but don't release buttons). Then wipe cache and dalvik and reboot.
2a) if 1) didn't work, enter into download mode and flash light TWRP version if you had CWM. Wipe cache and Dalvik and reinstall CWM if you wish.
2b) if TWRP didn't work or you had TWRP version already, flash last PhilZ kernel (thx to Phil3759), enter into Philz recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik. Then reinstall Apolo.
3) if nothing worked, try to reinstall your ROM without wipe data and wipe cache and Dalvik
4) wipe data (you will loose all your application and configurations)
5) reinstall with odin stock ROM WITH repartition (pit file). Then install Apolo and reinstall your custom ROM.
- Sometimes when you reboot your device, your battery seems to drop a lot (it is not real).
If it is not, reboot into recovery again (in CWM advanced - reboot into recovery, in TWRP reboot - recovery). It should be solved.
This issue never happens if you reboot your device while is charging, so I recommend you plug in your device before rebooting (if you can do it)
If you can't plug in your device, don't reboot if you can avoid it
- AOSP: Recommended installation procedure for 4.3 ROMS (stuck in the second boot) Read post 3
- AOSP: Restoring backups changing ROM base (stuck in the second reboot), Read post 3
Installation (you can install Apolo through CWM or TWRP recovery, it doesn't matter)
- Use a kernel cleaning script before installing (for instance Gs2KernelWipe thanks to hawkerpaul, but you can use other)
- .zip : install in custom recovery
- .tar : install in PC with odin (windows) or heimdall (linux)
Apolo Configurator (Available in Google Play again HERE)
I've developed a multilanguage application (Spanish, English, Italian, Catalan, Gallego, Russian and Turkish).You can change governor and scheduler, set ARM undervolting, configure BLN, BLNWW and S2W and set brightness curve:
I extremely recommend you read the Apolo Configurator Manual : Apolo Configurator Manual
My recommendation about scheduler/governor (it's only my opinion, maybe yours can be different)
- You can find 3 defined profiles in Apolo Configurator (performance, balanced and battery saving) based in noop/slp. I have changed parameters to achive the profile goals.
- Another good combination is noop/zzmoove
- Hardcore for his fabulous kernel speedmod
- Thx to great Phil3759 (he helped me to build the CWM recovery and let me use his recovery in the new Apolo versions) Please, visit his great job here
- Thx to jeboo for his great kernel and for let me use his TWRP recovery
- Thx gokhanmoral , great master. Most advanced features come from him
- Thx dorimanx for his great kernel and sources
- fenomeno83 for his idea and help when I started
- Thx mialwe for his great "smoove" governor (base of zzmoove) and ZaneZam for keeping it alive with the zzmoove.
- Chainfire for CF-Root, CWM Manager, etc, etc
- Thx sk8erwitskil, myfluxi, Talustus for recovery sources
- Thx to Devil_1210 for his help building the ICS kernel
- Thx to my betas for their help and ideas and much more: Broquen, Garrapatero123, Palleiro, Doomper, partisano, 666roi666 , Gordon320, nrg86
- Many thanks to @daga69 for giving me a S2 and keep this kernel alive
- Thanks to @rrgrrg for the Configurator icon.
(for sure I forgot more people, I hope they forgive me)
Axel 11, manuelmagix, K-a-M-u-Z-u, elbanzai,Zytrel, bkraptor,Shadowrun1,rogers11,LarsX,Andreas75k,espirito-livre, dsp26, gumsle, karpfenhai,
Andreas75k (Yes again ), metalgearhathaway
Thanksssss a lot ¡¡
If you see something that you cannot understand or it is not correct (my English is far away from perfect ) please let me know
If you want to translate the Apolo Configurator to other lenguages, please tell me
Thanks to @lejarton, @Maxximo88, @stelistcristi,@Gordon320, @nrg86, @Palleiro, @Partisano, @Broquen and @nhmanasfor their translations
Apolo source code