Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What you think ???
Include all latest Mods....... [ experimental ] 162 26.69%
Not latest, but it should be stable 346 57.00%
Whatever the Dev wants 99 16.31%
Voters: 607. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[MIUI][5 Aug] ╠█╣ RGUI_NDT MIUI V4 ╠█╣ ✰| The Game Changer |✰

OP gh.rohit

26th March 2012, 11:13 AM   |  #2251  
Rixsta's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,035
 
6,385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh.rohit

NOTICE:-

ALL DATA HAS BEEN TO SHIFTED TO XDA AGAIN.

Why???
Site ate all free free bandwidth in just 1 day. now it will cost 4$/ month which is not possible for me, i am still student

Yeah mate, dont blame you, no point paying for something when you are still studying ... Good luck anyway with whatever your studying

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

And they say ICS is pretty

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5729
26th March 2012, 11:19 AM   |  #2252  
manish21nov's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UDAIPUR
Thanks Meter: 273
 
898 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixsta

Yeah mate, dont blame you, no point paying for something when you are still studying ... Good luck anyway with whatever your studying

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

And they say ICS is pretty

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5729

Wowwwww man nice themes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
26th March 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #2253  
Rixsta's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,035
 
6,385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish21nov

Wowwwww man nice themes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yeah I really like it, although its just one theme and not themes, its S J Honeycomb and I modded it ..
26th March 2012, 11:48 AM   |  #2254  
jclarel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coromandel
Thanks Meter: 120
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh.rohit

yes i am saying about gt-i9100 logo. Just leave phone 2-3 min to boot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Hi Rohit
I've tried again... same process as explained previously...
And I've left it for more than 15 mins... but my phone would still not boot... and would just show "Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100" on and off...
I forgot to tell you also that when I flash the recovery kernel and try to restore my nandroid backup (which is on my external sd card), it cannot find my backup.
I need to flash ICS B3 again, reboot in recovery and then restore my nandroid backup...
Any idea of what is going wrong with the above process of shifting to GB v6.1?
Thanks in advance!
26th March 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #2255  
Rixsta's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,035
 
6,385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarel

Hi Rohit
I've tried again... same process as explained previously...
And I've left it for more than 15 mins... but my phone would still not boot... and would just show "Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100" on and off...
I forgot to tell you also that when I flash the recovery kernel and try to restore my nandroid backup (which is on my external sd card), it cannot find my backup.
I need to flash ICS B3 again, reboot in recovery and then restore my nandroid backup...
Any idea of what is going wrong with the above process of shifting to GB v6.1?
Thanks in advance!

mmmm, it shouldn't flash on and off like that, I wonder if its because of the wrong bootloaders coming from ICS back to gingerbread..

Id flash the latest stock gingerbread rom from samfirmware.com, it should contain GB bootloaders, flash that threw odin (im old school lol) ...Boot, then flash the correct CF Root kernel which will give you CWM again and then flash this rom ...

Maybe there is an easier way, I dunno, thats just what Id do
The Following User Says Thank You to Rixsta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #2256  
jclarel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coromandel
Thanks Meter: 120
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixsta

mmmm, it shouldn't flash on and off like that, I wonder if its because of the wrong bootloaders coming from ICS back to gingerbread..

Id flash the latest stock gingerbread rom from samfirmware.com, it should contain GB bootloaders, flash that threw odin (im old school lol) ...Boot, then flash the correct CF Root kernel which will give you CWM again and then flash this rom ...

Maybe there is an easier way, I dunno, thats just what Id do

Thanks Rixsta.
I was asking myself if that was caused by a bootloader issue (difference between GB and ICS) but was not sure...
I'll try your proposed solution, may be later tonight... unless someone else comes in between with a quicker and simpler solution...
Thanks again.
Cheers
26th March 2012, 12:08 PM   |  #2257  
gh.rohit's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,106
 
6,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarel

Thanks Rixsta.
I was asking myself if that was caused by a bootloader issue (difference between GB and ICS) but was not sure...
I'll try your proposed solution, may be later tonight... unless someone else comes in between with a quicker and simpler solution...
Thanks again.
Cheers

Umm try that option, it could be that problem only.

I always flash ics on gb and gb on ics.....it never gave me problem.

Try this:-
Flash rom, and then flash siyah kernel and reboot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to gh.rohit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 12:11 PM   |  #2258  
jclarel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coromandel
Thanks Meter: 120
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh.rohit

Umm try that option, it could be that problem only.

I always flash ics on gb and gb on ics.....it never gave me problem.

Try this:-
Flash rom, and then flash siyah kernel and reboot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Ok, thanks Rohit!
May be I'll try your solution first...
Will keep you posted!
Cheers
26th March 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #2259  
gh.rohit's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,106
 
6,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarel

Ok, thanks Rohit!
May be I'll try your solution first...
Will keep you posted!
Cheers

I am sure it will work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to gh.rohit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #2260  
manish21nov's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UDAIPUR
Thanks Meter: 273
 
898 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixsta

Yeah I really like it, although its just one theme and not themes, its S J Honeycomb and I modded it ..

Can u plz pm me the link

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best miui, rgui, supersmooth miui
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes