[MOD] MarketAccess.apk

Search This thread

TECK

Axivo Developer
Jul 6, 2011
Montreal
www.axivo.com
I'm using the MarketAccess app with latest market version and it works flawless. I did not liked the original icon and also the fact that the icon title was not spanning properly on the screen. So I edited the original .apk and replaced the icon as well the title.

6171521927_4256f68c34.jpg
6172051590_d0f5f243c5.jpg

Attachments

• MarketAccess.apk
    38.1 KB · Views: 29,161

TECK

Axivo Developer
Jul 6, 2011
Montreal
www.axivo.com
MarketAccess is a branch of MarketEnabler. Personally, I use its very basic function.
With the Market closed, I go to:
Market Access > Providers > T-Mobile

Then, I open the Market and install any US restricted apps. Once I'm done with it, I reboot the phone and the default settings are automatically restored. As I said, pretty simple and basic. :)

bruflot

Jun 9, 2011
From what I understood, you did not create this, (correct me if I'm wrong ;)) therefore it doesnt belong in the development section ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

TECK

Axivo Developer
Jul 6, 2011
Montreal
www.axivo.com
My favorite are:
Amazon Mobile
Google Books
Google Music
Google TV Remote
Netflix

Not sure if Books are now open to everyone, they just added Google Videos to Canada.
Personally, I live 45min from the US border and I have an US address/credit card. We have Netflix in Canada but the selection really sucks, compared to US.

I use a E4200 DD-WRT router as PPTP server with US IP's to all my devices (Google TV, mobile, tablet, etc.) when I'm at home. For example, you need an US IP to upload your music to Google Music site but you can use any IP to download/broadcast Music/Video's to any of your mobile devices. I know is not easy, but is worth the trouble. It really sucks that we have all those restrictions.

At least I can get all my music anywhere, without taking any space on my mobile.

From what I understood, you did not create this, (correct me if I'm wrong ;)) therefore it doesnt belong in the development section ;)
Credit is clearly given into OP, I certainly hope is not going to ruin your day. :D
I saw many mods posted here (if you can call my change a mod... took me 2min to modify the APK), so I think is the best place for it, since is not related to Original Android development.
MOD = modification of an existing application created by someone else

There are tons of MOD threads listed in this forum, from what I saw.
Still, if I'm wrong, please let me know what would the the appropriate forum so I post there next time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: djmisi99

HellRazorGod

Mar 15, 2010
Mate it seems to be working partially with the new market 3.1.5
You can see the currency changed to USD but you can't see the regional apps.
Could someone confirm this ?
Thanks.

akbarhash

Aug 8, 2011
Muscat
It's true. I found a trick for this maybe it's too much of a headache but if you want to use new market then what you have to do is
1. Install market access.
2. Go emulate say for example t mobile.
3. Go to settings/applications/manage/ and then uninstall the updates for market. .
4. So now you have the old market. Now open the market.
5. Then wait for some time. Since it is connected to t-mobile it will update to new market.
6. Now you can download all the apps you want with new market.

The thing is it only works till restart. Then you have to repeat all the steps again.
Big hassle I know but if you absolutely have to use the new market then this is one way. Cheers.

P. S. Simply use old market with market access and freeze market updater using titanium backup to avoid all the hassle and use US APPS.

Reactions: HellRazorGod

TECK

Axivo Developer
Jul 6, 2011
Montreal
www.axivo.com
Mate it seems to be working partially with the new market 3.1.5
You can see the currency changed to USD but you can't see the regional apps.
Could someone confirm this ?
Thanks.
Can you give me an example of app that does not work?
I'll test it on my phone with Market 3.1.5 and let you know guys. So far all apps worked for me, I'm in Canada.

Edit: I think I know why is probably not working for some of you.
You need an US IP address as Wi-Fi spot. My DD-WRT router is set as PPTP server and broadcasts an US IP through wireless as well wired connections. So when my phone connects to the market, it does it through an US IP. Using the VPN directly into phone will not cut it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using the MarketAccess app with latest market version and it works flawless. I did not liked the original icon and also the fact that the icon title was not spanning properly on the screen. So I edited the original .apk and replaced the icon as well the title.

6171521927_4256f68c34.jpg
    6172051590_d0f5f243c5.jpg
    My favorite are:
    Amazon Mobile
    Google Books
    Google Music
    Google TV Remote
    Netflix

Not sure if Books are now open to everyone, they just added Google Videos to Canada.
    Personally, I live 45min from the US border and I have an US address/credit card. We have Netflix in Canada but the selection really sucks, compared to US.

I use a E4200 DD-WRT router as PPTP server with US IP's to all my devices (Google TV, mobile, tablet, etc.) when I'm at home. For example, you need an US IP to upload your music to Google Music site but you can use any IP to download/broadcast Music/Video's to any of your mobile devices. I know is not easy, but is worth the trouble. It really sucks that we have all those restrictions.

At least I can get all my music anywhere, without taking any space on my mobile.

Credit is clearly given into OP, I certainly hope is not going to ruin your day. :D
    I saw many mods posted here (if you can call my change a mod... took me 2min to modify the APK), so I think is the best place for it, since is not related to Original Android development.
    MOD = modification of an existing application created by someone else

There are tons of MOD threads listed in this forum, from what I saw.
    Still, if I'm wrong, please let me know what would the the appropriate forum so I post there next time.

Cheers
    It's true. I found a trick for this maybe it's too much of a headache but if you want to use new market then what you have to do is
    1. Install market access.
    2. Go emulate say for example t mobile.
    3. Go to settings/applications/manage/ and then uninstall the updates for market. .
    4. So now you have the old market. Now open the market.
    5. Then wait for some time. Since it is connected to t-mobile it will update to new market.
    6. Now you can download all the apps you want with new market.

The thing is it only works till restart. Then you have to repeat all the steps again.
    Big hassle I know but if you absolutely have to use the new market then this is one way. Cheers.

P. S. Simply use old market with market access and freeze market updater using titanium backup to avoid all the hassle and use US APPS.
    Is there a new version for the latest Google Play ?