Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you prefer CWM6 Touch or Non Touch version ?
CWM6 Touch 3,173 76.98%
CWM6 non Touch 949 23.02%
Voters: 4122. You may not vote on this poll

[PhilZ-cwm6][i9100/P] Stock Kernel+CWM6+Root+exFAT+NTFS-MS3

Tip us?

CR5N
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759 View Post
Maybe wipe cache and dalvik. If only NFC is different they should be interchangeable

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I tried CF-Root method to root my phone originally and it wouldn't boot at all. Luckily would still go into download mode and had to flash a standard complete s2 firmware to get the phone working again without nfc feature (stock nfc firmware wasn't available until a helpful xda user posted it a week or two later). I guess i will stick with temporary cwm.

Phil3759
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30636

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi2889 View Post
So i m using XWLPX official ROM and used your ROOT method 1 given in your rooting forum to root my phone.. Now if I want to use your CWM 6.0, should I change anything?
Or direcly install it using stock recovery? And if I use CWM to install any zip after that and it has the wipe command, will my phone be brick proof?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Flashing this kernel in odin or cwm or stock recovery, will not make you loose root if you were already rooted. Wipe should be safe for the XWLPX included. Again, this is a complex bug. Even on stock recovery you can brick. More rare but not 0 risk like with any flashing method. XWLPX included is also patched in addition to using safe cwm6

>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 30636

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5N View Post
I tried CF-Root method to root my phone originally and it wouldn't boot at all. Luckily would still go into download mode and had to flash a standard complete s2 firmware to get the phone working again without nfc feature (stock nfc firmware wasn't available until a helpful xda user posted it a week or two later). I guess i will stick with temporary cwm.
I am sure most roms for i9100 will work on the P version. However, mixing i9100 kernel with i9100p rom is more prone to issues. Just use a complete rom from i9100 and the kernel for that rom. Have a friend on LPG+CF-root on the P without issues.
Could look at it if I have time. But want to release more i9100 kernels. Also, not having an i9100P in my hands makes debugging and testing a bit hard. So cannot promise anything

The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CR5N
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
I am sure most roms for i9100 will work on the P version.
They do but nfc breaks. The nfc enable hack doesn't enable notification.
Quote:
Could look at it if I have time. But want to release more i9100 kernels. Also, not having an i9100P in my hands makes debugging and testing a bit hard. So cannot promise anything
Will test when you are ready to release. The temp cwm and your stock-recovery (un)root method works fine for me :thumbup:
The Following User Says Thank You to CR5N For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mihaixp
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Hello.

I have XWLPG at the moment. I read the topic and I am pretty sure that it's the right thing, I'm just waiting for confirmation.

So, the following procedure to upgrade to XXLPX and then flash this kernel is ok?

1. Flash the XXLPX via ODIN. Can I do it without wipe (it's worth mentioning that I am now on CF-Root)?
2. Flash PhilZ-XWLPX-(NEE)-cwm6-1.0.tar.md5 via Odin.

Can I now wipe everything (from cache to dalvik, battery stats, etc.) via CWM like I did with the previous CF-Root (on XWLPG) without any fear of bricking?

PS: Is this Kernel rooted? [I asked because it says in the features Ready for root]. If not, how can I root it?

Thanks, Phil, for this kernel.

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 30636

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaixp View Post
Hello.

I have XWLPG at the moment. I read the topic and I am pretty sure that it's the right thing, I'm just waiting for confirmation.

So, the following procedure to upgrade to XXLPX and then flash this kernel is ok?

1. Flash the XXLPX via ODIN. Can I do it without wipe (it's worth mentioning that I am now on CF-Root)?
2. Flash PhilZ-XWLPX-(NEE)-cwm6-1.0.tar.md5 via Odin.

Can I now wipe everything (from cache to dalvik, battery stats, etc.) via CWM like I did with the previous CF-Root (on XWLPG) without any fear of bricking?

PS: Is this Kernel rooted? [I asked because it says in the features Ready for root]. If not, how can I root it?

Thanks, Phil, for this kernel.
If you are on XWLPG, first flash full XXLPX ROM in odin (it is non wipe, but always do a backup of your data). Wipe dalvik and cache to avoid issues on migrating from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4
After that, flash PhilZ-XWLPX-(NEE)-cwm6-1.0.tar.md5 in odin or the zip version in stock recovery. No wipe needed before flash as it will be same kernel

Odin version is not rooted, but easily rooted with one of my scripts in recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746794
Zip version can be flashed in stock recovery from your stock XXLPX. It will be directly rooted that way, no more actions needed

This version should be brick bug safe: CWM6 + patched kernel. Now if it bricks, it would probably do the same on a stock ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zscomp
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
If you support custom bootanimations, i ll be a fan of your kernel
Wish you the best, for all your effort
StratosGR
--------------------------------

Pulse ROM 5.0 - Android 4.3 - Note 2
Pulse ROM 3.3 - XXELLA - S3
Pulse ROM 2.1 - XWLPX - S2

XWLPX *Universal* 15 toggles mod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zscomp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 30636

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zscomp View Post
If you support custom bootanimations, i ll be a fan of your kernel
Wish you the best, for all your effort
It's really easy to do, but was a bit lazy and I felt it useless as I do not use it

Anyway, I will add it in a later version. Just uploading a few more kernels, then add the bootanim for sure

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 30636

DONATE TO ME
Update: new kernels added

Quote:
  • PhilZ-BULPC-VOD-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-DXLPB-OLB-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-UHLPS-ARO-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-XWLP7-OXX-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-XWLPD-OXX-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-XWLPI-DBT-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-XXLPQ-OXX-cwm6-1.0
  • PhilZ-XXLPW-OXA-cwm6-1.0

igos2
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Kernel patched, meens you edited the binary code to disable the cap erase function ? Is your kernel reported as safe when tested by the different brick bug check tools?

Using Tapatalk2 on my amazing GT-I9100

Tags
root, stock kernel