[PhilZ-cwm6][i9100/P] Stock Kernel+CWM6+Root+exFAT+NTFS-MS3

Do you prefer CWM6 Touch or Non Touch version ?

• CWM6 Touch

Votes: 3,504 77.3%
  • CWM6 non Touch

Votes: 1,029 22.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

tipu2185

Nov 29, 2007
Islamabad
Phil first of all thank you very much for your work.

I would like to ask you is it possible to decrease font size in CWM6 recovery. Because msgs are going out of screen and navigation is a bit difficult.

Reactions: ftandJ and Phil3759

benveq

May 1, 2008
when I try to root via odin it writes this: MD5 hash value is invalid
PhilZ-XWLPX-(NEE)-cwm6-1.0.tar.md5 is invalid . any solution ?

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I think you should upload it again to mediafire
ok problem is solved :) I used stock revcovery which is easier than other methods :) Thanks for this great work!! l love it

Last edited:

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Kernel patched, meens you edited the binary code to disable the cap erase function ? Is your kernel reported as safe when tested by the different brick bug check tools?

Using Tapatalk2 on my amazing GT-I9100

It was patched using binary code, no recompile from source. I think that Tungstwenty contributed to the xiaolu script. Since I am using it to path the kernel, as mentioned in the credits, it should be safe. Now, of course, this is not 100% bullet shield proof as when you edit and compile from source code, since we patch a given binary check. However, it is the way Tungstwenty made it, and is working for all actual kernels. Also, using CWM6 adds to the security as it is not affected by the brick bug as far as I know.

I would like to ask you is it possible to decrease font size in CWM6 recovery. Because msgs are going out of screen and navigation is a bit difficult.

Koush is the only one I know that can do it. He created CWM

Strange, I tested it in odin before uploading. If others confirm the md5 check is bad, I will upload again

Phil3759

May 30, 2012

Koush is the only one I know that can do it. He created CWM
Answer2 (edit): I can use CWM 6.0.1.2 non touch version which has a very small font footprint. However, most people would complain because the new touch version has a nicer GUI, in my opinion. You can still use my temporary CWM6 non touch over this kernel. Get it from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840223

Answer2 (edit): for added security, I edited OP with a new upload, again tested and passing in odin the md5 checksum

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Update OP with new kernels:

- DXLP9-SIN ICS 4.0.3
- XWLPF-OXI ICS 4.0.3

No more releases for now, unless someone requests a specific kernel.

To request: please include a link to the ROM or even better the zImage and give full kernel name (XW??? - XX???) and CSC (OXX - OXA...)

shaq1907

Jun 19, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Sorry but you cannot even search....... 3 pages?

Sorry that I missed it.

Yes
Now, I am writing the PhilZ_Maker program to build from zImage in one click. After that, I will add bootanim support, as it will be much quicker than going the manual edit through all released kernels again

Thanks for reply. I installed LPX. It seems well so far. Looking forward to this support.

Reactions: Phil3759

benveq

May 1, 2008
Update OP with new kernels:

No more releases for now, unless someone requests a specific kernel.

To request: please include a link to the ROM or even better the zImage and give full kernel name (XW??? - XX???) and CSC (OXX - OXA...)

Thanks a lot :) I have been using your kernel for 2 dayz almost and it works great! no brick bug etc... fast smooth and original :good:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Thanks. All feedbacks are useful since I just started this kernel. Changes are very small in ram disk. No issues at all should be present different from a stock kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: pblasi and zscomp

igos2

Jul 2, 2012
+1
Installed whit no issue. Phil if there is any thing you can do to make it safer, do it !

Using Tapatalk2 on my amazing GT-I9100

abhi2889

Jan 7, 2011
Pune
Great kernel!!

Installation was easy and I haven't faced any issue until now. I am getting very good battery life also... So thank you :laugh:

memine

Jun 12, 2009
Just thanked you on the other thread as well. I'm just downloading the new release now and will flash shortly. (Slowed down to a crawl for some reason...a lot of downloads?)

pixiebob

May 29, 2010
montpellier
philz: that's exactly what i need the stock kernel+last recovery touch, no need anymore CF-root
that's the thread that all people must know ;)

edit: does backup from recovery work well ? because i notice small size of generated backup

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts