Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Port] Galaxy SII Ics port alive again with AOSP

OP biohazardious

15th November 2011, 04:32 PM   |  #1  
biohazardious's Avatar
OP Member
Ankara
Thanks Meter: 192
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Donate to Me
Meanwhile in ics porting...



IRC CHANGED(Yet again..):
http://webchat.freenode.net/
Channels: aospsgs2 and aospsgs2-dev

Alpha5 Rom is available:
Changelog:
- Removed PinyinIME.apk (No need for Chinese ime for now)
- Fixed Touchscreen (Driver modded)
- Based on tegrak kernel

Link:
http://www.multiupload.com/X9IAQ5GW7A
And the source for driver:
http://www.multiupload.com/F91WLJL14V

For Questions and Answer you can use here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1347907

Official Site:
http://www.sgs2ics.com

Thnx part(Seriously thank u all guys.. we are doing a great process):
gokhanmoral,Pete,Paradoxxx,chadouming,nebkat,Matri ak31,Coentje44,Tegrak and everybody..
Last edited by biohazardious; 20th November 2011 at 04:13 PM.
The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to biohazardious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 05:00 PM   |  #2  
jastonas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 151
 
1,000 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
Is there an IRC channel?

Bio, plz keep reposting news on the first post otherwise the only thing we'll see in this thread is "omg'z and lol'z and good luck'z"

PLEASE PEOPLE. KEEP IRRELEVANT TO DEVELOPMENT POSTS TO YOURSELF S OR TO Q&A.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jastonas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
qsec's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
921 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jastonas

Is there an IRC channel?

Bio, plz keep reposting news on the first post otherwise the only thing we'll see in this thread is "omg'z and lol'z and good luck'z"

PLEASE PEOPLE. KEEP IRRELEVANT TO DEVELOPMENT POSTS TO YOURSELF S OR TO Q&A.


http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ICSPortS2
15th November 2011, 06:18 PM   |  #4  
pulser_g2's Avatar
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,176
 
19,371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Uhm... Nobody has actually addressed the lack of Mali drivers yet AFAIK

That might be something to start with
15th November 2011, 06:38 PM   |  #5  
pulser_g2's Avatar
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,176
 
19,371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31

i did

Oh you got some?

I am still trying, as they are binary blobs for the ROMs available.
Matriak31
15th November 2011, 06:41 PM   |  #6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

Oh you got some?

I am still trying, as they are binary blobs for the ROMs available.

haha nope..just noticed that the drivers are needed and needed addressing like you told me the other day...hence why i think people will find it hard to work on the port cause even with the source drivers are still needed if i am correct. anyway whatever happens i hope you guys make this happen....

sure some ninja droid out there will work his magic on it

EDIT: since no one has taken the courtesy to make a thread in GENERAL section to keep all NON dev posts there i will be creating one...once i have the thread up and running if someone can put the link in big red letters so people can see and keep this thread clean i would appreciate it..hope you devs dont mind

EDIT 2: Thread is now up and running for anyone who wants to ask questions and just wants to leave posts regarding ETA and stuff like that which is for general talk...Lets keep this thread for pure ICS port only related posts thanks...

[Port] Galaxy SII Ics port alive again with AOSP(General chat and Q&A)Keep them here
Last edited by Matriak31; 15th November 2011 at 07:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31

haha nope..just noticed that the drivers are needed and needed addressing like you told me the other day...hence why i think people will find it hard to work on the port cause even with the source drivers are still needed if i am correct. anyway whatever happens i hope you guys make this happen....

sure some ninja droid out there will work his magic on it

EDIT: since no one has taken the courtesy to make a thread in GENERAL section to keep all NON dev posts there i will be creating one...once i have the thread up and running if someone can put the link in big red letters so people can see and keep this thread clean i would appreciate it..hope you devs dont mind

EDIT 2: Thread is now up and running for anyone who wants to ask questions and just wants to leave posts regarding ETA and stuff like that which is for general talk...Lets keep this thread for pure ICS port only related posts thanks...

[Port] Galaxy SII Ics port alive again with AOSP(General chat and Q&A)Keep them here

I'm not sure if this is correct...... I think they had a driver but needed the AOSP dump in order to get it working..... (see below)



"It is possible for us to do it, but not within a reasonable timeframe. By the time we are able to complete the port, AOSP would already be released.

The userspace Mali driver from Galaxy Tab 7 Plus had too many incompatibilities with the kernelspace Mali driver. Malidevelopers does have a newer driver, but it takes a long time to be able to integrate that into our current kernels. That's our motivation for abandoning this project. But we'll pick it up once AOSP gets released, really soon (:

Thanks for all the support guys."


this was posted towards the end of the previous thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr_Ash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Matriak31
15th November 2011, 08:38 PM   |  #8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Ash

I'm not sure if this is correct...... I think they had a driver but needed the AOSP dump in order to get it working..... (see below)



"It is possible for us to do it, but not within a reasonable timeframe. By the time we are able to complete the port, AOSP would already be released.

The userspace Mali driver from Galaxy Tab 7 Plus had too many incompatibilities with the kernelspace Mali driver. Malidevelopers does have a newer driver, but it takes a long time to be able to integrate that into our current kernels. That's our motivation for abandoning this project. But we'll pick it up once AOSP gets released, really soon (:

Thanks for all the support guys."


this was posted towards the end of the previous thread.

Thank you pointing it out to me...But is there not a difference between samsung rom and AOSP one? Sorry just wondering that is all.. stock rom sammy version uses one set of drivers and miui and aosp another one? apologies for the question

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

At Bio if you can put the link of the Q&A thread on the first post mate i would appreciate it..As that way we can direct people on the other thread and ask any stuff they want there if that is ok.. Thank you again
15th November 2011, 09:02 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31

Thank you pointing it out to me...But is there not a difference between samsung rom and AOSP one? Sorry just wondering that is all.. stock rom sammy version uses one set of drivers and miui and aosp another one? apologies for the question

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

At Bio if you can put the link of the Q&A thread on the first post mate i would appreciate it..As that way we can direct people on the other thread and ask any stuff they want there if that is ok.. Thank you again

Yes there is a difference between the AOSP and Samsung ROMs, the Samsung ROM (when it comes) will come with the Mali 400 driver fully integrated into the kernel. Until that ROM comes out, any attempt to get ICS working will involve hacking a honeycomb Mali 400 driver into ICS in order to get it working. Apparently this is easier to do now the AOSP for ICS has dropped, easier that is than trying to port from the SDK. Obviously it would be much easier if Sammy released an official version of ICS but then this thread would be obsolete and we'd all be using some flavour or other of the official Samsung ROM.

Bottom line is, any chance of us getting a working ICS ROM before the official samsung release is down to these guys hacking a driver, probably the honeycomb one from the new Galaxy Tab 7 plus, into AOSP ICS.

If I am wrong on any of the above points please feel free to correct me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr_Ash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Matriak31
15th November 2011, 09:06 PM   |  #10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Ash

Yes there is a difference between the AOSP and Samsung ROMs, the Samsung ROM (when it comes) will come with the Mali 400 driver fully integrated into the kernel. Until that ROM comes out, any attempt to get ICS working will involve hacking a honeycomb Mali 400 driver into ICS in order to get it working. Apparently this is easier to do now the AOSP for ICS has dropped, easier that is than trying to port from the SDK. Obviously it would be much easier if Sammy released an official version of ICS but then this thread would be obsolete and we'd all be using some flavour or other of the official Samsung ROM.

Bottom line is, any chance of us getting a working ICS ROM before the official samsung release is down to these guys hacking a driver, probably the honeycomb one from the new Galaxy Tab 7 plus, into AOSP ICS.

If I am wrong on any of the above points please feel free to correct me

Thank you for taking the time to explain...much appreciated and learned a new thing now about android thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes