Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] -03/01/2013- Jelly Bean - XXLSJ - OlloS2 Armageddon RoM 4.1.2 AED !!!

Tip us?
 
Neme77
Old
#61  
Neme77's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 423
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florence

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecter View Post
Hope you like the new 4.4.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
Yes mate!!!
 
Neme77
Old
#62  
Neme77's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 423
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florence

 
DONATE TO ME
Default New Links

OlloSII_B3 no beats audio ONLINE
The Following User Says Thank You to Neme77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
famanfwppc
Old
#63  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 79
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ancona
Default Some help needed

Hi Neme77, I address my questions directly to you because you seem very active in support of your work. I'm italian too, but believe I'm supposed to write in english right here. I can't easily explain this, but i can tighten up again my SGS2 in hand after eight long months. It was still flashed with an "old" 2.3.4 rom, i think from LeoMar, and i would quickly replace it with an ICS based one.
I flashed your rom (B2 with beatsaudio) as soon as i read about it and it is in many ways perfect.
Despite this I've some little problems and question and hope you can answer them:

1. In system settings > security trying to set remote control or the sms recipients lead to settings executable stop and exit. It's a rom bug or what?
2. I remember one or more of last flashes i done with odin required a repartition. May I incur in problems flashing your ICS based rom from a random non-stock one?
3. How should I select the with or without beats audio version?

Thank you in advance for your help and congratulations on the excellent work!
 
Neme77
Old
#64  
Neme77's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 423
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florence

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famanfwppc View Post
Hi Neme77, I address my questions directly to you because you seem very active in support of your work. I'm italian too, but believe I'm supposed to write in english right here. I can't easily explain this, but i can tighten up again my SGS2 in hand after eight long months. It was still flashed with an "old" 2.3.4 rom, i think from LeoMar, and i would quickly replace it with an ICS based one.
I flashed your rom (B2 with beatsaudio) as soon as i read about it and it is in many ways perfect.
Despite this I've some little problems and question and hope you can answer them:

1. In system settings > security trying to set remote control or the sms recipients lead to settings executable stop and exit. It's a rom bug or what?
2. I remember one or more of last flashes i done with odin required a repartition. May I incur in problems flashing your ICS based rom from a random non-stock one?
3. How should I select the with or without beats audio version?

Thank you in advance for your help and congratulations on the excellent work!
Hi mate, for the first question i tink this is a bug, but im not sure i try....
You dont need to repartition with odin if you have already a cwm, simply do all wipe then install( it's safe ), in the first page you can chose to download new version B3 with or without Beats audio.....
 
trinity1
Old
#65  
trinity1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 590
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Civitavecchia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neme77 View Post

Hi man! Giving a shot to your rom (it's the 3rd in 2 days... just because I found it only now).
Looks promising.
Since I'm a pretty new S2 owner (I bought it last 18th May), I'm gonna ask some noob questions (so forgive me, pls):
- If I flash the keyboard-clock.zip you have attached, will the samsung keyboard be ADDED or it will replace the Android's one?
- Then: I flashed the beats version: should I want to flash the no beats, can I do without wipe? What exactly the no beats differs from the beats version?...
- I would appreciate if you provide me with a zip flashable including Samsung Calendar (and maybe replacing AOSP calendar, but if it is just added it's fine)... Can you do that? I don't like AOSP Calendar app, actually.

Eventually, I noticed some small bugs (well, not actually bugs, let's call refinements needed), mainly related with background-text colours in apps, which make text non properly visible). I'll provide you with some suggestions, and of course it will be up to you whether keep them or discard.

regards
Let's put a smile on that face...

f0LL0W Th3 Wh1T3 R4Bb1T

LG G2 (D802) - HTC Desire (4.4.2 CM Kitkang powered - still rocking backup) - LG Optimus Black (selling) - Galaxy S3 Mini (son's) - Motorola Moto G (wife's) - Xiaomi Mi2S (daughter's) - Galaxy Tab 2 3110 (daughter's again) - Nexus 7 (shared with son)
 
Neme77
Old
#66  
Neme77's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 423
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florence

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1 View Post
Hi man! Giving a shot to your rom (it's the 3rd in 2 days... just because I found it only now).
Looks promising.
Since I'm a pretty new S2 owner (I bought it last 18th May), I'm gonna ask some noob questions (so forgive me, pls):
- If I flash the keyboard-clock.zip you have attached, will the samsung keyboard be ADDED or it will replace the Android's one?
- Then: I flashed the beats version: should I want to flash the no beats, can I do without wipe? What exactly the no beats differs from the beats version?...
- I would appreciate if you provide me with a zip flashable including Samsung Calendar (and maybe replacing AOSP calendar, but if it is just added it's fine)... Can you do that? I don't like AOSP Calendar app, actually.

Eventually, I noticed some small bugs (well, not actually bugs, let's call refinements needed), mainly related with background-text colours in apps, which make text non properly visible). I'll provide you with some suggestions, and of course it will be up to you whether keep them or discard.

regards
I fixed today the incorrect visual bug ( i attemp Vertumus new theme ), the beats audio libs theoretically give you a better audio experience ( is an add on HW codecs )....I can provide a zip file for you....Thx for your suggestion i appreciate them, tell me all about my job i wont to improve my rom....Thx again
 
KhairyMercury
Old
#67  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kedah
so excited and cant wait for your upcoming new rom with Vertumus's DOMINATION V4.4 Theme.
 
DGSCronos
Old
#68  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 31
Join Date: Jan 2009
I've tried loads of roms in the last couple of months, and while some AOSP roms were good, the battery life (on my phone at least) is worse than Sammy based roms. Problem with the Sammy based roms were (just imo) sometimes instability, or visually not that good looking & smooth.

Your rom is the first in a while to nail it in the stability department, it's smooth, and battery life seems great! So congratulations, and great work. Aside from some hard to read text (dark grey text on a light grey background in the top section of contacts), everything seems fine. So thank you for the rom.
 
trinity1
Old
#69  
trinity1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 590
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Civitavecchia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neme77 View Post
I fixed today the incorrect visual bug ( i attemp Vertumus new theme ), the beats audio libs theoretically give you a better audio experience ( is an add on HW codecs )....I can provide a zip file for you....Thx for your suggestion i appreciate them, tell me all about my job i wont to improve my rom....Thx again
thanks, looking forward to have samsung calendar
Let's put a smile on that face...

f0LL0W Th3 Wh1T3 R4Bb1T

LG G2 (D802) - HTC Desire (4.4.2 CM Kitkang powered - still rocking backup) - LG Optimus Black (selling) - Galaxy S3 Mini (son's) - Motorola Moto G (wife's) - Xiaomi Mi2S (daughter's) - Galaxy Tab 2 3110 (daughter's again) - Nexus 7 (shared with son)
 
nikc0069
Old
(Last edited by nikc0069; 21st May 2012 at 02:28 PM.)
#70  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 733
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brighton & Hove
The AOSP package:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neme77 View Post
Is that a flashable zip? I flashed the rom then this zip then booted first time and phone crashed.

Should I set everything up first then flash?! Or fix permissions?

Also, when I booted this up for the first time as a second rom on Siyah kernel the status bar was invisible using Apex Launcher.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Flashed AOSP after completing initial install, and fixed permissions - works great

However, no status bar/drawer. Will give it another flash trying trebuchet first. As otherwise, with AOSP apps and Samsung framework this is possibly perfect.

Pretty please can we have aosp email as well? As the Sammy one doesn't scale with DPI changes.

Tags
i9100, ics, rec, rom, sip
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes