Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][Linaro] CarbonRom 1.5 beta » Mar 3

Tip us?

toxicthunder
Old
(Last edited by toxicthunder; 4th March 2013 at 02:01 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5515

DONATE TO ME
Phone [ROM][4.2.2][Linaro] CarbonRom 1.5 beta » Mar 3

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, PA ,and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:
All Carbon downloads and further information such as features can be found on our goo.im page: http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

Ordered by join date:

dg4prez

nocoast

winner00

mattmanWRX

BigShotRob

pixeldotz

slick_rick

andros11

ToxicThunder

morfic

Kejar31

If you would like to support this and future releases, feel free to donate. All donations will be used to further development efforts.

The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to toxicthunder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toxicthunder
Old
(Last edited by toxicthunder; 26th February 2013 at 07:54 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5515

DONATE TO ME
Important Changes (1.4)

◘ Latest camera fixes and merges from CM
◘ New mali drivers (should hopefully give better UI performance)

◘ Hybrid DPI settings and PIE may not always work as expected. Please read what PA developer molesarecoming has to say about it -

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaxx24
One question.
When I change system DPI to 240 the keyboard gets very small. I want it to be like 40-50% of the screen. If I raise SwiftKey DPI to 300 with system DPI 240 half the keyboard is not visible.
I then tried 300 DPI system and lower other apps to 240. Everything is great, but the widgets on homescreen are so big. I tried lower DPI of launcher and the widget's parentapp, didn't work.
Is there any way to have "big" keyboard and "small" widgets? Would make it perfect thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
theres no solution to this, except hybrid engine. i know what a plague it is sifting through the 4 gigabyte sourcecode to make it happen. it seems easy in the beginning but then youre bumping into all these issues. hybrid has them all figured out down to the smallest iota. we're soon merging hybrid˛ as an sqashed commit, i'd volunteer helping nocast merging it, if the carbon boys agree, that is. i understand the way it is implemented right now, ten bazillion commits, makes it pretty rough to be re-used by other roms but h˛ will change that - it will probably even sit after a simple git cherry-pick.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to toxicthunder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndrolinRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 2118

DONATE TO ME
Better port liquidsmooth rom again
press thanks if you like me or if I helped you
Please help us with our server and device costs.
Most of us are still students and the servers we build on are very expensive.
-----------------------------------
My Github
-----------------------------
<<Contact me on G+>>
VANILLA ROMS

malavan
Old
Thanks Meter 511
are you still uploading becuse i cant find 9100 romand welcome back.

Nasty_z
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP] CarbonRom JB 4.2.2 [i9100] » Feb 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by malavan View Post
are you still uploading becuse i cant find 9100 romand welcome back.
It's there my friend, click the goo.im link on the OP then scroll down to i9100.

To the Dev, very interesting rom. Amazed with the features of customisation. Fantastic work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nasty_z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aharnick2013
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
This is the best 4.2.2 rom on here. Xylons version has a Bluetooth problem but this rom is perfect and all working. Great work. I like the time estimation on downloads. I always hoped that would be added.

msquared
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Awesome,will surely give this a shot

Unexist6969
Old
Thanks Meter 1184
Thanks Subbed
Sent from S2 @ mcm811-cm10.1 & Pfittech 1.0.8 \\ mcm-siyah5/dorimanx

redzion
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP] CarbonRom JB 4.2.2 [i9100] » Feb 15

Please write install instruction + direct download link please..

thank you..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy S5; SM-900F; stock ROM

Unexist6969
Old
Thanks Meter 1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzion View Post
Please write install instruction + direct download link please..

thank you..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
scroll down I9100.. http://goo.im/devs/carbon and flash GApps just like normal CM..
Sent from S2 @ mcm811-cm10.1 & Pfittech 1.0.8 \\ mcm-siyah5/dorimanx

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unexist6969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
carbon rom, jelly bean 4.2.2, linaro, toxicthunder
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe