[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [i9100]

Search This thread

CarbonROM

Mar 30, 2013
carbonrom.org
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [i9100], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
CarbonDev, Myself5
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-14
Last Updated 2014-06-07

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Hello Guys.
I'm your i9100 device maintainer.
I meanwhile tweaked the Rom specially for the i9100 so its difference to our other devices is:

• Compiled using SaberMod arm-eabi 4.7 (Kernel code) and SaberMod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8 (ROM code) toolchain compilers
  • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

F.A.Q.:

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?
The term "SaberMod" is coming from:
SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124. Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

About GCC main compiler cflags

-O1
Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

Greetings
Myself5

Last edited:

budsixz

Aug 3, 2012
Great!! carbon finally arrived gonna try

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pandza88

Reactions: attack11

saskrider

Mar 12, 2013
Paris Of The Prairies
congrats myself5 on getting to be the maintainer for this great rom on our s2.

i think i will just dl from the official carbon page,and then just use the updater to get all the improvements and fixes moving forward!!

attack11

Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
Buenos Aires
Motorola Edge 30
well first hour whit this rom.and everything seems good after all! just one question,how i can enable wheater widget in the lockscreen? i cant find an option..
also some translations are missing (in spanish) i can help if you want.
also another question Halo will be added on the future?

saskrider

Mar 12, 2013
Paris Of The Prairies
i flashed newest rom all good.kernel included is not compatible with stweaks.
I plan on flashing gustavo 2\09 kernel.
will nightly updates flash a another kernel each update??
thnx

Pecka40

Feb 1, 2012
A little problem

I have a little problem,when i try to install gapps it says that i have insufficient space. How would i fix that? I`m using PA-GOOGLE APPS (FULL MODULAR PACKAGE) .
And another question. Previous versions that were unofficial had TWRP, how could I get that back too?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
@attack11 the Weather Widget is called cLock. HALO will be added it just has some small bugs ATM we need to fix. Thanks for your help, I will later PM you all files you need to translate.

@saskrider: It will flash a new Kernel every Update. However when you later (as soon as it's working) use CarbonDelta to update there will be a option to add Custom Zip's to flash after the Rom (like GApps and Custom Kernels)

@Pecka40: the S2's Sytem Partition is to small for these GApps, use some smaller ones :p

Greetings
Myself5

Pecka40

Feb 1, 2012
@attack11 the Weather Widget is called cLock. HALO will be added it just has some small bugs ATM we need to fix. Thanks for your help, I will later PM you all files you need to translate.

@saskrider: It will flash a new Kernel every Update. However when you later (as soon as it's working) use CarbonDelta to update there will be a option to add Custom Zip's to flash after the Rom (like GApps and Custom Kernels)

@Pecka40: the S2's Sytem Partition is to small for these GApps, use some smaller ones :p

Greetings
Myself5

Thanks for the reply! And there is no way of making it bigger?
And could you please answer the other question. About how can I get TWRP on it. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [i9100], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    CarbonDev, Myself5
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-14
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    Hello Guys.
    I'm your i9100 device maintainer.
    I meanwhile tweaked the Rom specially for the i9100 so its difference to our other devices is:

• Compiled using SaberMod arm-eabi 4.7 (Kernel code) and SaberMod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8 (ROM code) toolchain compilers
    • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

F.A.Q.:

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
    A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?
    The term "SaberMod" is coming from:
    SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124. Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

About GCC main compiler cflags

-O1
    Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
    Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
    Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
    Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

Greetings
    Myself5
    Hey folks,

i know its been a while, but I am here to give you some information. Carbon just went official.

http://buff.ly/1LYtlDT
    Note: the S3 is a typo. It is supposed to be S2 (i9100).

This means, the i9100 is one of the first devices getting official Carbon, actually a build for it is already uploaded (the EXPERIMENTAL one, its just called like this because the builds were experiments with jenkins, which turned out well).

Please not, as of now, this is not "optimized" and/or build with any custom toolchain (which will propably get changed at some later point) and uses CMRecovery (which propably is going to stay as is).

I am going to create an official thread soon, for now I just wanted to inform you :)

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk
    New Build. Again.

Just uploaded a new build, compiled with ArchiDroid Cortex A9 neon toolchains for the Kernel, and SaberMod 4.9 for the ROM Code. All rounded up with ArchiDroid Optimizations V4.1.
    Happy flashing, I hope you like it.

Screenshot_2015-08-19-16-04-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-19-15-26-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-19-15-26-03.png
    26 downloads and not a single feedback? .. impressive... [emoji2] [emoji41] [emoji12]

They would have complained if it dind't work ;) Thats typical for some kind of users :p They don't press thanks, they don't give positive feedback, they just complain when things don't work.

And to everyone who thinks he has the right to judge about the progress of CarbonROM:
    it is clearly written HERE that we stopped the KK builds as we are not adding any features anyways, as we are focused on Lollipop.
    Oh and BTW: Carbon LP is making progress, I'm not going to say more than this tho :p