Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][XXLQ5][July 07]CheckROM RevoHD™ V7 its True!

Tip us?

Irvysan
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb79 View Post
since installing the rom with full wipe: no screen capture function anymore, not with the keys and not with the phone option dialog...any ideas?
Read a few posts back, need to install screen capture app via kitchen. Its mentioned in the OP too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
My Droids :

SGS3 Mini (GT-I8190N)
Nook Simple Touch
Nexus 4
Nexus 5
Nexus 7
SGS2
DHD
Nook Color
Wildfire

Free dropbox account with bonus space! > - Get A Dropbox! (We get extra storage!)

KLozzy
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Default Proverb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbong777 View Post
First of all SAMSUNG (and every other device makers STOCK FW is not bug free hence the updates....

This ROM is pretty bug free.Especially for an early version....Its the USERS that have all the bugs. I flashed REV over COg without wiping, then tried the kitchen and was careful to chose a theme and STICK with it. Then flashed This ROM over Rev 271 without a wipe or Davlick clear, battery reset.....Flashed a few kernals (BTW no need to clear dav when flashing kernels) ALL preformed well. Battery life differences were nothing to worry about. The ONLY issue I had going back to 271 was losing SNS syncing of contacts. Reflashing a Nandroid backup of COG and them 271 over it cleared that up. That said I will not flash ICS Theme...number one I don;t care for it and number two I have already selected the theme I prefer and many are having issues with it because they are likely not reverting or don't even know what that means.

People are using the Kitchen without thinking;;;Flashing Themes over themes. They do not know what they are flashing and how it will affect their current setup. They do not understand the differences between I/O Scheduler settings and Governor settings and worse do not want to LEARN anything.

They want to flash and complain.....then run "benchmarks" that have no real world application significance or complain about a couple hours less battery life.

People are their OWN issue. The ROMS are great as evidenced by the amount of downloads and LACK of issues. Same questions, Same "issues" 99% of which can be solved with a little more learning and a little less flashing.

These Devs KNOW THEIR STUFF. The understand what a real bug is and what a temporary annoyance is.

When you read of a problem look at how long the poster has been posting. Read some of their history of posts and you will find what is real and what are USER BUGS

Couldn't agree more.

You can lead a horse to water...........but he'll still take a dump right in it!

ilVinz
Old
Thanks Meter 277
YEAHHH...got the ICS from Vertumus...no bootloop...very quick installation and everything seems to work good great theme.
I'm on CRR v2 (base rom no mods installed) + DK Kernel...my way to go :
1-NANDROID BACKUP
2-Download the theme directly from Vertumus thread and put the Zip into the root of your internal sd (not external but internal mass memory)
3-Reboot in CWM
4-Wipe cache partition
5-Wipe dalvik cache
6-Flash the ICS Zip
7-Reboot
8-Enjoy

..easy peasy lemon squeezy
Vinz
The Following User Says Thank You to ilVinz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitendra72
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimilianonball View Post
Firtst of all i'd like to report a couple of modification necessary to have a working openvpn configuration on the phone.

..and then i have to report a little problem..

I have installed the ceckrom revolution 2.0 with the DarkKnight kernel v2.1 and my theme is PureBlue v 4.2; the problem is that when i select "jkay AOSP Deluxe", the six shortcut on the lockscreen don't work..
If i swipe on the shortcut the program that i've select don't start..

I've read that my theme support jkay 12 and i've tried the Mixed Blue theme with the support for the new jkay 12.1 but i still have that problem..

I've reset my jkay configurationand reboot the phone but with the shortcuts i can only unlock the phone..

Someone have a solution for this kind of problem..??
this is a known feature - the icons on your lockscreen stay but the underlying shortcut is gone.. just reset the shortcuts in "deluxe settings" and you'll be fine...

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by damirbusic View Post
Is there a logical explanation why developers make every week new version and why there is not one custom ROM that is 100% bug free ? Just curious, I really dont see why are people so happy when they flash phones and EVERY time they get some bugs, errors, black screens etc ? Ive had OmniaHD phone before my iPhone 4 and now Galaxy S 2 and HyperX had custom ROM which had better battery life, better camera, was faster, looking better and it was COMPLETELY bug free. My bro had RevolutionHD on DesireHD and it was 100% bug free. What is the problem with Galaxy ? I know at leat 10 people around who dont want to mess with firmwares every 5 days, is it impossible to make bug free ROM after 200-500 pages of testing and feedbacks ?

I really dont want to offend anyone but I am just curious why is Samsung so hard to work on custom ROM, I mean, a lot of ROMs look perfect and nice but then I read 10-20 pages that every one has other problems and it is not working. HyperX had beta testers and in one week you get completely working ROM, I was beta tester for some mods there, not ROMs.

Tnx
first of all, no software is bug-free.

second - i have flashed many custom roms over the past months to see which one i liked, and not once did i have any of the problems mentioned here. most problems come when instructions from the developer are not read/understood/followed, and people take short-cuts to the installation. if you just take a moment to read what is up on the op, most issues won't ever crop up.

from your post, you appear to be one who does take time to read and install stuff, and like me, are justifiably surprised when people encounter issues

tbong777 - thumbs up to your reply.... i fully agree

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
since installing the rom with full wipe: no screen capture function anymore, not with the keys and not with the phone option dialog...any ideas?
have you reinstalled the mods from the kitchen after upgrading to crr 2.0?

BULL3TPR00F
Old
Thanks Meter 138
No idea what anyone is complaining about, i have well over 100 apps, almost completely filled my internal memory, and yet ive never had a single problem related to the rom.. everything is smooth as butter and runs perfectly for me.

only issue ive EVER seen comes RARELY and thats when i wake the device, the homescreen and softkeys does not respond properly to my touch until a restart, but like i said, thats only happened maybe two or three times since flashing 2.0.

other than that, perfect. great rom and i dont think im going to ever run anything other than this.

FirstNoobToBrickHisPhone
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Yeah this rom is a keeper, I have yet to run into a real issue with this rom.

Battery life is fantastic.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919
Tablet: HP Touchpad 16GB

DarkDvr
Old
Thanks Meter 212
LeoMar,

The *#34971539# code to check/update camera firmware doesn't work in 2.0 ROM.
Flashed Cognition - worked immediately. Could you take a look why?
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Asus Nexus 7

zhite
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sorry for asking...

Can i flash ver.2 over ver.1 unwipe?? is there any issue??

GadgetCheck
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5263
#FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLozzy View Post
Couldn't agree more.

You can lead a horse to water...........but he'll still take a dump right in it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbong777 View Post
First of all SAMSUNG (and every other device makers STOCK FW is not bug free hence the updates....

This ROM is pretty bug free.Especially for an early version....Its the USERS that have all the bugs. I flashed REV over COg without wiping, then tried the kitchen and was careful to chose a theme and STICK with it. Then flashed This ROM over Rev 271 without a wipe or Davlick clear, battery reset.....Flashed a few kernals (BTW no need to clear dav when flashing kernels) ALL preformed well. Battery life differences were nothing to worry about. The ONLY issue I had going back to 271 was losing SNS syncing of contacts. Reflashing a Nandroid backup of COG and them 271 over it cleared that up. That said I will not flash ICS Theme...number one I don;t care for it and number two I have already selected the theme I prefer and many are having issues with it because they are likely not reverting or don't even know what that means.

People are using the Kitchen without thinking;;;Flashing Themes over themes. They do not know what they are flashing and how it will affect their current setup. They do not understand the differences between I/O Scheduler settings and Governor settings and worse do not want to LEARN anything.

They want to flash and complain.....then run "benchmarks" that have no real world application significance or complain about a couple hours less battery life.

People are their OWN issue. The ROMS are great as evidenced by the amount of downloads and LACK of issues. Same questions, Same "issues" 99% of which can be solved with a little more learning and a little less flashing.

These Devs KNOW THEIR STUFF. The understand what a real bug is and what a temporary annoyance is.

When you read of a problem look at how long the poster has been posting. Read some of their history of posts and you will find what is real and what are USER BUGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel19 View Post
you and the other guys: STOP!

if you won't play "this game" with the roms - just flash stock firmware...
if you don't understand what the mods are doing - don't try them...
if you're pissed off by "unstable roms" - flash stock or buy an iphone...
it's YOUR choice to flash whatever you want! so why you're complaining about this?

it's YOUR job to collect the informations, if you want to flash things like roms, mods and kernels...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

@Noed! "
We make Stuff that works and FYI its your inability to understand stuff that's the causes the stuff to be unstable!
If you research and learn a bit it wont hurt!

Neither one of our team works for you Remember we just work to make our phone's deliver the performance its meant to, Only thing we do is share our creation's so that it benefit's you too.
GET THAT STRAIGHT

Pretty much every one on top has answered you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noed View Post
Make stable stuff, with good descriptions.

Siyah for example, great Kernel, but the description is a mess... he's lost himself with so many versions released... now a Siyah-DarkKnight Beta version?! For what?

www.checkrom.com
Where support gets refined as social networking
Founder and Developer of CheckROM™ for Samsung Phone's
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GadgetCheck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theooo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePillow View Post
Thanx..i figured this one out...changing kernal now

*still bootloop CF kernel + suddenly my gallery all messed up...
Try to manually install theme, download via kitchen but when asked to install choose cancel. Reboot to recovery, apply theme, followed by wipe cache + wipe dalvik cache. then reboot

Quote:
download screen capture mod from kitchen. Install manually via recovery.

Tags
brick, checkrom, checkrom.com, custom rom apk, darkknight, dharam, gadgetcheck, inovative, intuitive, kitchenpro, leo, leomar75, performance, revohd, revolutionhd, revolutionizing
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe