[ROM][KK][4.4.2][LINARO/SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 11 [WEEKLY BUILDS]

Which version of the homepage for the builds do you prefer?

• [url]http://pierun.tk/white/[/url]

Votes: 81 54.7%
  • [url]http://pierun.tk/dark/[/url]

Votes: 67 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

she3py

Jul 12, 2013
haifa
What kernel is good for this ROM? Is it stable for daily use? I wanna try this one..:good:

Either stock kernel which is great or if you want bln and other features i'd rec Gustavo's kernel, super sweet kernel :).
I use infected's cm11 as my daily driver since the beginning of december, it had some issues here and there but it has improved greatly since the first december builds.
Cheers :)

Ps: like most already know camera works fine also recording.
battery life is great, no wakelocks and no weird drainings, lasts no less than last jb builds. :)

Frankfor85

Jul 4, 2010
Swype typing words isnt working. Is a Gapps related issue? I've flashed "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131215-signed.zip".

Can i do something to enable this feature, to avoid to install a third party keyboard? Thanks in advance!

_Legend0

Aug 26, 2012
Swype typing words isnt working. Is a Gapps related issue? I've flashed "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131215-signed.zip".

Can i do something to enable this feature, to avoid to install a third party keyboard? Thanks in advance!

You need to install this addon after gapps : http://www.mediafire.com/download/gyx9d36wh9ufbeh/pa_keyboard-module-4.4.2-20131212-signed.zip

//But be careful, if you don't have enough space on /system your phone will not boot.

Reactions: Frankfor85

Markox89

Feb 25, 2009
Either stock kernel which is great or if you want bln and other features i'd rec Gustavo's kernel, super sweet kernel :).
I use infected's cm11 as my daily driver since the beginning of december, it had some issues here and there but it has improved greatly since the first december builds.
Cheers :)

The bolded part is exactly the point, according to my opinion. Users should change kernel only if they're missing some features. As she3py said stock kernel is great, so don't feel like you HAVE to change it ;)

You need to install this addon after gapps : http://www.mediafire.com/download/gyx9d36wh9ufbeh/pa_keyboard-module-4.4.2-20131212-signed.zip

//But be careful, if you don't have enough space on /system your phone will not boot.

Downloaded and flashed, but swype gestures on keyboard stills not works... now i will try with another gapps package!

I suggest Core Gapps, both for the reason I bolded in _Legend0's post and because I've had issues with PA's package and CM, so I'm not sure they're fully compatible.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankfor85

she3py

Jul 12, 2013
haifa
The bolded part is exactly the point, according to my opinion. Users should change kernel only if they're missing some features. As she3py said stock kernel is great, so don't feel like you HAVE to change it ;)

I suggest Core Gapps, both for the reason I bolded in _Legend0's post and because I've had issues with PA's package and CM, so I'm not sure they're fully compatible.

I had issues with pa gapps as well use the core apps like our friend here suggested :)

Reactions: Markox89

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Camera force closes every time. Only thing I did was try different kernels but reflashed the ROM again but no luck.

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Unofficial Changelog:
Code:
-audio: Fix framecount calculation in AudioFlinger --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av
-mkfs: remove stale node blocks --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-fsck: fix orphan node blocks --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-f2fs-tools: release 1.2.0 --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-mkfs: add two file extensions for android --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-fsck: fix checking orphan inodes --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-libf2fs: avoid warning of implicit declaration --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-toolscm-11.0
-fsck: fix to handle file types correctly --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-fsck: skip to check block addresses in device files --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-f2fs-tools: discard is default but not set in config --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-fsck, lib: support inline xattr --> CyanogenMod/android_external_f2fs-tools
-Forward port CM Screen Security settings (2/2) --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
-Forward port CM Screen Security settings (1/2) --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
-Reorganize and clean up lock screen section --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
-camera: Check if video sizes are available --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
-Do data/media checks first in format_device() --> CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery
-Remove redundant variable definition --> CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery
-camera: Disable wavelet denoise by default --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
-SystemUI: don't crash when user disable default apps --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
-camera: Proper fix for the missing video-sizes issue --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
-camera: Support for HTC's HDR mode --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
-camera: Handle the num-jpegs-per-shutter mode --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av
-Revert "Rollback Bluetooth changes for now." --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
-Allow sending apk files to remote device --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Bluetooth
-Hey, why we need this? --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
-50-cm.sh: update comment to CM11 --> CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm
-cLock: Fix PT-PT clock display --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_LockClock
-Camera: fix panorama preview on older devices --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
-camera: ZSL and focus fixes --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
-Camera2: enable antibanding by default --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2

Small note: I'm no longer putting translations in the Changelog :angel:

Are they all S2 specific changes?

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
both. i9100 specific and general CM code ROM related.

Thanks for quick answer. Do you think you can resize the font in the notification tray when recieving a sms? Its has 3 options but the word reply is not fully visible. See screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-41-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-41-28.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 529

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
its the way its meant to be afaik.. all three buttons have the same size. that txt was big, so they narrowed it down to those 3 dots.

So you cant make the font 1 point smaller?

Also one of the rom devs for Nexus 4 resized the tiles (quick access ribbons) on the notifcation tray from 64dp to 62. This way they fit pretty perfectly so it doesnt look cut off at the edge.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45257748&postcount=1062

Sorry about the nit picks

Markox89

Feb 25, 2009
So you cant make the font 1 point smaller?

Man, I'm quoting you just as an example, don't take it personally.
I want to remember all users following this thread and using OP's builds: this is not another custom ROM.
This is CyanogenMod, OP is compiling from their sources, so it's pointless asking him to make modifications to this or that aspect of the ROM. If you want something to change you can submit a patch to CyanogenMod's Gerrit or ask in CyanogenMod's threads.

I don't want to be rude or harsh, just want to clarify the point :angel:

_Legend0

Aug 26, 2012
Downloaded and flashed, but swype gestures on keyboard stills not works... now i will try with another gapps package!

Did you checked box next to Google Keyboard in language settings to set it as default keyboard? Btw, Mini Modular Package Gapps always works for me on any KK ROM. No problems at all. And to be sure after checking Google Keyboard go to it's settings and scroll down to "Enable gesture typing" and just re-check it. Always works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9100 CYANOGENMOD 11 LINARO/SABERMOD WEEKLY BUILDS

Nightly Build CM 11 20140316 is ONLINE

Build/Sync Date: Mar 16 2014 12h:00 GMT +1 Rome

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12618DOWNLOAD
    (AndroidFileHost)

md5sum included with all builds: please, check it before flashing!

kernel code compiled with linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 201401 toolchain
    rom code compiled with with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.3 201311 toolchain

-O3 optimizations
    strict-aliasing rules
    custom performance flags
    +30 cherry-picks used
    sqlite fsync hack by dorimanx
    white kk UI

(Buildbot: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850@3.00 GHz, ASUS P5K, 4 GB Corsair DDR2 667 MHz, GeForce 8600 GT, SanDisk SSD SDSSDP-128G 128 GB SATA 6 GB/s)

(Linux Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr" x64 3.13.0 kernel)

Changelog

• use different USB PIDs for adb and adb+ums modes --> CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery
    • audio: Added lock during closing of direct output --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av
    • Update the GPS tile to use the appropriate location modes --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Camera: remove fine/normal/superfine jpegquality and use always int --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
    • CMFM: New high resolution launcher icons --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMFileManager
    • FaceUnlock: Check if faceunlock is disabled --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • DeskClock: Support double-digit hours for timers --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_DeskClock
    • Hide Titlebar while loading InCallUI (2 of 2) --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_InCallUI
    • Hide Titlebar while loading InCallUI (1 of 2) --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Dialer
    • Handle album and artist view intents --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Apollo
    • Fix resource IDs being added to the android namespace --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
    • Fix UXD for tablets --> CyanogenMod/Superuser
    • Remove QuickSearchBox from build --> CyanogenMod/android_build
    • Settings/Wifi: Add support for Ad-hoc (IBSS) networks --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
    • MSimPhoneFactory: use custom RIL class --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony-msim
    • telephony: MSim: propagate roaming and data settings to SIM --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • Settings: use CMHW serial number for MSim --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
    • RIL: mark mInstanceId as protected --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • Don't fetch deleted messages from IMAP folder --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Email
    • Don't recreate keyguard for MCC/MNC changes --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • bta_hh: Change bus_type to BUS_USB for USB HCI --> CyanogenMod/android_external_bluetooth_bluedroid
    • Send out USER_PRESENT broadcast on screen on if lockscreen is disabled --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Don't let apps disable the SIM PIN entry screen --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Buttons: Allow disabling hard navigation keys --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
    • Runtime toggle of navbar --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • HAF: Add KeyDisabler stub --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_hardware
    • ifdef "stagefright: Enable GraphicBuffer usage to decoder before querying formats" --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av
    • SystemUI: reactivate WiFi activity indicators --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • libstagefright: Add NULL check for mHFRRatio --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av
    • SamsungQualcomm: Skip new requests on old RILs --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • SystemUI: fix calculating alpha for back button in landscape mode --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • DcTrackerBase: Dont provision APN if default is disconnecting --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • SystemUI: Set Status bar opaque during drawer pulldown on tablets only --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • telephony: Fix initialization ordering of SMS middleware --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • vendor/cm: We are at CM11 now --> CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm
    • Mms: Cleanup CAF additions --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Mms
    • Fix ellipsizing of emoji symbols in StatisLayout --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Revert regressions introduced by QRD update --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SoundRecorder
    • telephony: Clean up IccSmsInterfaceManagerProxy --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • fix fread buffer has no terminating null string --> CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery
    • Camera: video stabilization setting - don't default enable --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
    • media_profiles: the HFR parameters don't need to be mandatory --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av
    • Settings: Day and week on data usage cycle (2/2) --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
    • frameworks/base: Day and week on data usage (1/2) --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Tethering: fix NPE when retrieving active interfaces --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • camera: Histogram, ZSL burst mode, HDR-on-ZSL --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
    • camera: Add metadata-based ASD --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
    • Camera2: Fix burst mode, auto scene detect layout --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
    • settings: Put MSIM files in the right place --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings
    • telephony-msim: Fix package errors --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_services_Telephony
    • telephony-msim: Fix package issues --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony-msim
    • msim: Put files in the corret location --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_InCallUI
    • Camera2: Smart scene icons w. original artwork --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Camera2
    • MMS: Disable Android 4.2 specific hack regarding keyboard behavior --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Mms
    • National roaming for Telfort in the Netherlands --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Fixed stylus eraser being rejected by palm rejection --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • telephony: Remove CdmaLteUicc and CDMA fix --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    • SystemUI: Update Ringer tile code --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Service: Keep services needing restart --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • Fix crash in network mode settings --> CyanogenMod/android_packages_services_Telephony
    • overlay: add tmo and att default LTE apns --> CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm
    • PackageManager: Fix reconnection logic in Installer --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • telephony: disable the use of SMS_EXPECT_MORE by default (1/2) --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
    • telephony: disable the use of SMS_EXPECT_MORE by default (2/2) --> CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    DONATIONS

Please consider helping with this project development and hosting, by giving a small donation...

http://infectedbuilds.com is almost complete. i will try to get it up and running.

i will need to buy a new dedicated hosting service...looking into the ones users suggested.

you can check the progress made by webdev @Jflima at his github: https://github.com/Jflima92/Omni

so, please donate what you can, so this project goes forward, and keeps getting better, and better.

you can donate to me using this link

or to Markox89 using this link

thank you all,

regards.

infected_

Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from CyanogenMod Rom open-source code:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod

latest linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 used to compile the kernel code &
    linaro arm-linux-androideabi-4.8.2 toolchains to compile ROM code

Special Thanks

CyanogenMod Rom Dev Team
    ez1k.png
    e9i6.png
    mwbg.png
    oxra.png
    9wnm.png
    2nrpk7t.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][KK][4.4.2][LINARO/SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 11 [WEEKLY BUILDS], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    infected_, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1597520
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: CyanogenMod 10.2.1

Created 2014-02-19
    Last Updated 2014-03-19
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9100_Info

OFFICIAL CM INSTRUCTIONS
    Installing CyanogenMod 11 on your Galaxy S II
    - Copy GApps and CM11 ZIPs to your internal/external sdcard SDCard
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
    - You can also flash this on current recovery: ClockworkMod-Recovery KK compatible zip
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM 11 zip from internal/external sdcard SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal/external sdcard SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

i9100 LINARO/SABERMOD CM 11 Alpha Builds:
    MediaFire Download Folder

AndroidFileHosting Folder

Google Apps:

MediaFire Folder

(Any gapps on this folder work fine on these builds)

CWMR's (KitKat compatible)

Zip - http://www.mediafire.com/download/weoktaelqlcvo7j/CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100.zip
    Tar - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ukrlgp5gl0j0lhx/CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100.tar
    Who's in favor of white, press this post.

The post that gets more thanks, will be the one who "wins"..
    Final Notes on the i9100 linaro/sabermod project...

its been 10 months since i started the cm linarosabermod builds. i passed trough 4.1.2, 4.2.2, 4.3.1 and now 4.4.2... made more than +300 different builds, served 161,168 downloads since May of 2013 (MediaFire stats only, i am not counting the downloads on AndroidFileHost, Goo.im, and the new last hosts...), so i am very pleased to know my work was very appreciated.

this project is going down, not just because a very good opportunity showed to sell my i9100, but also for personal reasons.

i asked for the donations to go with this project forward, but that wont be possible, sorry. Those who gave donations for my work over the past months, and want a refund of their donation, please send me a PM, with the subject "Refund", and on the body; name, date of the donation, transaction number, and the amount given. Despite being a donation, and no one forced you to give (your good will did), you are also in the right to ask for a refund of you donation, and i will gladly give it.

I am not here to cheat anyone, and i think i've proven my self the value to the XDA community, over the almost past year.

With the money of selling the i9100, i was able to finish paying by full the new phone, and i will provably be developing for it, but for now, going to take a "vacations" off android development.

gentlemens, ladies, its been a pleasure making these builds over the past year. i learned a lot, really a lot. and also had fun. hope you enjoyed my work with the i9100 device, and counting by the total number of downloads, it seems you did.. :)

regards,

infected_

PS: made one last i9100 CM 11linaro/sabermod build, its on AFH and Goo.im.
    F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 11 for the i9100.
    ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:

• Compiled using linaro arm-eabi 4.7.4 13.09 (kernel code) & sabermod arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.3 (rom code) toolchain compilers
    • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
    A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
    Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags
    -O1
    Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
    Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
    Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
    Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.