[ROM][v2.1][WIP] FirefoxOS dualboot with Cyanogenmod 10.2 for SGSII (i9100 /i777)
30 - Jun - 2014
- Updated to lastet Gecko and Gaia versions (v2.1!!). CHECK THE NEW INTERFACE!!
- Some stuff is broken like SIM recognition... but it's a common error for most of 2.1 devices. There's a patch on the way.
- Colors swapping issue
23 - Feb - 2014
- Updated to latest Gecko and Gaia versions (yesterday builds). Lot of new cool stuff!!
- Graphic errors fixed!!! Now it's *really* smooth :)
I've been working on supporting Samsung Galaxy S2 (mostly i9100, partially i777) with FirefoxOS for a long time, and I would like to share my work with you.
System files (/system) are installed on the HIDDEN partition () so they DON'T conflict with CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM.
I use CyanogenMod Kernel with no modifications, all dualboot stuff is based on initramfs (indeed is based on Siyahkernel approach).
How to dual-boot
It's a rudimentary mechanism so far. You have to: adb shell, and type (no matter where ROM you are):
If you want to boot into CM10.2 - Note: If you don't have installed CM10.2, please don't do this!!:
If you want to boot into FirefoxOS - Note: it can be any number different from 1, i.e: cr.sh 3, cr.sh 5:
Your device will reboot in this very moment, and will boot into the selected ROM.
The first time, FirefoxOS ROM will be booted by default.
I'm providing a CWM installable .zip so you can test it without having to build the whole system.
- Boot into recovery mode with CWM.
- Make a backup (as always).
- Save your backup in other place than your device (no matter what partition you are using), please.
- adb push ffos-sgs2-jb-version-2014.zip /emmc
- Install zip from sdcard
- Insall zip from internal sdcard
- Select the .zip file
- Install it!!!
In case you want to go further and compile everything from scratch, I would suggest you to see my G+ post
with detailed instructions on how to build it by yourself.
Of course, all my work is available under my Github account
Features at a glance:
What's not working:
- Dual boot with CM10.2 (if you have installed it)
- Adb Insecure
- FirefoxOS v1.4
- Mobile data
- Wifi on i777
- Hardware Home button on i777
Do not expect a very stable version!
Cyanogenmod, cause it's amazing work on this device despite Samsung, I'm using your kernel.
Siyahkernel, cause my dualboot solution is inspired by yours.
All the people helped me testing very first releases, risking their devices ;).
[ROM][v2.1][WIP] FirefoxOS dualboot with Cyanogenmod 10.2 for SGSII (i9100 /i777), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II
ROM OS Version: