[ROM][v2.1][WIP] FirefoxOS dualboot with Cyanogenmod 10.2 for SGSII (i9100 /i777)

OP _AtilA_

23rd August 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #51  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

25 posts
It won't probably work because I'm using the same kernel from CM10.2 with some changes I've done to make dual-boot possible (not in the kernel itself, but int the ramdisk). It really depends on kernel compatibility between CM10.2 and CM11. If someone wants to try, the steps should be:
1 - Flash CM11
2 - Flash my .zip
This will overwrite CM11 kernel with mine, so we can dual-boot.
23rd August 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 39

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AtilA_

It won't probably work because I'm using the same kernel from CM10.2 with some changes I've done to make dual-boot possible (not in the kernel itself, but int the ramdisk). It really depends on kernel compatibility between CM10.2 and CM11. If someone wants to try, the steps should be:
1 - Flash CM11
2 - Flash my .zip
This will overwrite CM11 kernel with mine, so we can dual-boot.

CM11 needs new drivers (among other things) and will not work with any CM10.2 kernel.
31st August 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have installed cm 10.2 and then installed one of the provided files. I can still bot into cyanogenmod 10.2 but when I try to boot into firefox os it's just a black screen.

What am I doing wrong? I have the I9100

EDIT: I got it working, I had forgot the adb push step. I used the feb one and it worked. I then tried to install the june zip from recovery, but it doesnt seem to work now.

Is it possible to update like I did, or do I have to follow the instructions every time?
Last edited by andreasoz; 31st August 2014 at 05:02 AM.
6th September 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #54  
Flag Maasbracht
Thanks Meter: 142

4,747 posts
More
Does someone have a mirror? The mega.co download keeps failing over and over again.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

nevermind after trying and trying i got it in, now it won't boot and displays a black screen..
the device is accessable using adb.
6th September 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #55  
Flag Maasbracht
Thanks Meter: 142

4,747 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domini99

Does someone have a mirror? The mega.co download keeps failing over and over again.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

nevermind after trying and trying i got it in, now it won't boot and displays a black screen..
the device is accessable using adb.

Can anybody reply? I don't understand the instructions and the only thing i get is a black screen, or with a bit of luck the firefox os boot screen and it hangs there.

right now just a black screen.
8th October 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Tried to install the June zip multiple times now on my i9100 (int). Finally found a version of CM10.2 (Infected - presumably different kernel..?) which `worked` and tried FFOS both with that and entirely on its own, flashed via CWM, and only ever got the black screen. I think part of the problem is *ALL* of the 10.2 builds seem to be gone from the CM sites now. It might be extremely helpful to know exactly what version OP was using - preferably with a working link - and to know whether ANYONE has had success with the updated FFOS given.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread