[ROM][v2.1][WIP] FirefoxOS dualboot with Cyanogenmod 10.2 for SGSII (i9100 /i777)

Search This thread

erotavlas

Apr 23, 2014
not sure if it has same hardware as i9100 then yes

No it has different hardware.
i9100 has Exynos 4210 chipset and Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean)

i9105 has Broadcom BC28155 chipset and Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)

What do you think?

I read on mozilla website.
Important: Remember that only devices running Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and 4.4 (KitKat) and platforms based around it are supported (current Firefox OS devices are). Please check that your phone is actually running one of those supported versions, otherwise this step will most likely fail since some drivers are pulled from non-Nexus devices. Also, if you have to flash your device with the matching stock release. Keep in mind that some USB hubs don't work well with flashing tools, so you may have to connect your device to a built-in USB port

So I have to change the Android version before trying to build Firefox OS?

Thank

Last edited:

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
No it has different hardware.
i9100 has Exynos 4210 chipset and Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean)

i9105 has Broadcom BC28155 chipset and Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)

What do you think?

I read on mozilla website.

So I have to change the Android version before trying to build Firefox OS?

Thank

no it wont work for i9105 then, sorry about that. changing android version won't do anything because i think FireFox OS is not compiled for i9105 yet as far as i know...

erotavlas

Apr 23, 2014
no it wont work for i9105 then, sorry about that. changing android version won't do anything because i think FireFox OS is not compiled for i9105 yet as far as i know...

So I bought a samsung s2 i9100 device. I would like to install firefox os. The ROM posted in this thread is the version v.2.1 which is unstable and the mobile data does not work. The latest stable version which will be released on 2nd semptember is the v.1.4 https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases.
Is there a compiled rom with v.1.4? Or I have to compile it from source?

Thank you

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
So I bought a samsung s2 i9100 device. I would like to install firefox os. The ROM posted in this thread is the version v.2.1 which is unstable and the mobile data does not work. The latest stable version which will be released on 2nd semptember is the v.1.4 https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases.
Is there a compiled rom with v.1.4? Or I have to compile it from source?

Thank you

there's no compiled v1.4 yet if you want you can compile and give it a shot :)

Edit: ask the OP of this thread to help you out in this :)

_AtilA_

Jul 29, 2011
It won't probably work because I'm using the same kernel from CM10.2 with some changes I've done to make dual-boot possible (not in the kernel itself, but int the ramdisk). It really depends on kernel compatibility between CM10.2 and CM11. If someone wants to try, the steps should be:
1 - Flash CM11
2 - Flash my .zip
This will overwrite CM11 kernel with mine, so we can dual-boot.

It won't probably work because I'm using the same kernel from CM10.2 with some changes I've done to make dual-boot possible (not in the kernel itself, but int the ramdisk). It really depends on kernel compatibility between CM10.2 and CM11. If someone wants to try, the steps should be:
1 - Flash CM11
2 - Flash my .zip
This will overwrite CM11 kernel with mine, so we can dual-boot.

CM11 needs new drivers (among other things) and will not work with any CM10.2 kernel.

andreasoz

Mar 29, 2011
I have installed cm 10.2 and then installed one of the provided files. I can still bot into cyanogenmod 10.2 but when I try to boot into firefox os it's just a black screen.

What am I doing wrong? I have the I9100

EDIT: I got it working, I had forgot the adb push step. I used the feb one and it worked. I then tried to install the june zip from recovery, but it doesnt seem to work now.

Is it possible to update like I did, or do I have to follow the instructions every time?

Last edited:

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
Does someone have a mirror? The mega.co download keeps failing over and over again.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

nevermind after trying and trying i got it in, now it won't boot and displays a black screen..
the device is accessable using adb.

domini99

Jan 9, 2012
Maasbracht
www.goglogo.com
Does someone have a mirror? The mega.co download keeps failing over and over again.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

nevermind after trying and trying i got it in, now it won't boot and displays a black screen..
the device is accessable using adb.

Can anybody reply? I don't understand the instructions and the only thing i get is a black screen, or with a bit of luck the firefox os boot screen and it hangs there.

right now just a black screen.

thebbqist

Jul 15, 2014
Tried to install the June zip multiple times now on my i9100 (int). Finally found a version of CM10.2 (Infected - presumably different kernel..?) which `worked` and tried FFOS both with that and entirely on its own, flashed via CWM, and only ever got the black screen. I think part of the problem is *ALL* of the 10.2 builds seem to be gone from the CM sites now. It might be extremely helpful to know exactly what version OP was using - preferably with a working link - and to know whether ANYONE has had success with the updated FFOS given.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][v2.1][WIP] FirefoxOS dualboot with Cyanogenmod 10.2 for SGSII (i9100 /i777)

UPDATES
    30 - Jun - 2014
    - Updated to lastet Gecko and Gaia versions (v2.1!!). CHECK THE NEW INTERFACE!!
    - Some stuff is broken like SIM recognition... but it's a common error for most of 2.1 devices. There's a patch on the way.
    - Colors swapping issue
    Download: ffos-sgs2-jb-30-Jun-2014.zip

23 - Feb - 2014
    - Updated to latest Gecko and Gaia versions (yesterday builds). Lot of new cool stuff!!
    - Graphic errors fixed!!! Now it's *really* smooth :)

Hi there!,
    I've been working on supporting Samsung Galaxy S2 (mostly i9100, partially i777) with FirefoxOS for a long time, and I would like to share my work with you.

FirefoxOS-logo.png

Dualboot
    General info
    System files (/system) are installed on the HIDDEN partition () so they DON'T conflict with CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM.
    I use CyanogenMod Kernel with no modifications, all dualboot stuff is based on initramfs (indeed is based on Siyahkernel approach).
    How to dual-boot
    It's a rudimentary mechanism so far. You have to: adb shell, and type (no matter where ROM you are):
    If you want to boot into CM10.2 - Note: If you don't have installed CM10.2, please don't do this!!:
    Code:
     # cr.sh 1
    If you want to boot into FirefoxOS - Note: it can be any number different from 1, i.e: cr.sh 3, cr.sh 5:
    Code:
     # cr.sh 2
    Your device will reboot in this very moment, and will boot into the selected ROM.
    The first time, FirefoxOS ROM will be booted by default.

Downloads
    I'm providing a CWM installable .zip so you can test it without having to build the whole system.

Installing
    • Boot into recovery mode with CWM.
    • Make a backup (as always).
    • Save your backup in other place than your device (no matter what partition you are using), please.
    • adb push ffos-sgs2-jb-version-2014.zip /emmc
    • Install zip from sdcard
    • Insall zip from internal sdcard
    • Select the .zip file
    • Install it!!!

In case you want to go further and compile everything from scratch, I would suggest you to see my G+ post with detailed instructions on how to build it by yourself.

Of course, all my work is available under my Github account.

Features at a glance:
    • Dual boot with CM10.2 (if you have installed it)
    • Rooted
    • Adb Insecure
    • FirefoxOS v1.4

What's not working:
    • Flickering graphics
    • Camera
    • Mobile data
    • Wifi on i777
    • Hardware Home button on i777

Do not expect a very stable version!

Thanks to
    Cyanogenmod, cause it's amazing work on this device despite Samsung, I'm using your kernel.
    Siyahkernel, cause my dualboot solution is inspired by yours.
    All the people helped me testing very first releases, risking their devices ;).

Enjoy!

_AtilA_ (@longor)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][v2.1][WIP] FirefoxOS dualboot with Cyanogenmod 10.2 for SGSII (i9100 /i777), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    _AtilA_
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2014-01-16
    Last Updated 2014-07-02
    Nice work mate! Much appreciated :D
    when camera and mobile data will be fixed ? just asking no hurries because i wanna try it :D

Working on it! I can't give you a date right now. I'll probably fix the camera first, release a new updated version (Gaia/Gecko) and then fix the mobile data.

Stay tunned ;)
    Keep going

Am giving a try for this OS i hope it's gonna be awesome :D
    Keep On Man ;)
    Waiting for The Camera And Mobile Data get Fixed :)