Originally Posted by trunks986
hi guys, i want to try this ICS rom on my SGS2... now on my s2 is running Checkrom V4... Can i flash directly this rom through CWM recovery or i have to flash first a stock rooted ICS rom?
You can flash directly provided you clear the cache etc. and follow the install instructions closely:
1. Do a factory data reset
2. Boot into recovery mode
3. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
4. Install Part 1 until you get the install completed message.
5. Select Reboot Now and let the phone boot up and you should get to an Android setup screen. Don't use advanced CWM mode or reboot into recovery
6. Setup the phone as requested and then reboot the phone into recovery mode again
7. Wipe cache and dalvik cache again
8. Install Part 2
9. Reboot phone and everything should be working...
10. If you get any error msgs, try removing your external SD card and start again.