At first: my recovery.
The only custom recovery i could find for E120L is from Tegrak.
Unfortunatelly it's too buggy and couldn't install any of my updates.
That's why i've made my own recovery. So, to install my ROM, you need to flash my recovery. It covers functionality of Tegrak's recovery.
- based on official UE11 (Android 4.0.3) recovery
- adbd starts as root
- local (independed from system's) busybox.
- independent from main system partition and boot image. So, you can still use my recovery if system partition is broken.
- verification of signature has been patched out. So, you can install any hand-made zip.
Unzip it and Flash TAR file in Odin as PDA part.
To enter recovery mode:
1) Turn phone OFF
2) Press VolUp + VolDown + Power buttons at the same time
3) Keep buttons pressed till "SAMSUNG" word disappear.
Here is my version of ROM for E120L.
- based on E120L UE11
- English (default) and Korean languages.
- rooted (SuperSU 0.89)
- adbd starts in root mode.
- fast dormancy off
- SMS send/receive of any lenght (both ANSI and Unicode) should work (see descripion below)
- SMS application replaced to customized one from i9100.
- added + to button 0 in dialer
- removed video call unavailability notification icon from status bar
- boot/shutdown animations/sounds are taken from E120S (original were too boring)
There was no intention to clean ROM from Korean bloatware. The main purpose of my ROM is to make this phone working. When main functionality will start to work as in normal phone (especially SMS functions) then it's possible to clean it.
1) Put this E120L_UE11_v5b_by_Sorg.zip to MicroSD
2) insert MicroSD to your E120L and boot into recovery (my recovery) mode.
3) choose "apply update from external storage" and choose E120L_UE11_v5b_by_Sorg.zip
4) go back to main recovery menu and then choose "wipe data/factory reset". Note: you HAVE to do this in order to make my ROM work correctly. It doesn't matter which ROM you've used before. Even after stock UE11 you have to wipe the data.
5) choose "reboot system now"
First boot will take some time. Be patient
About SMS: For me it works fine now. I can send any length of SMS with both ANSI and Unicode encodings. Also i can receive SMS with any length and with correct caller id.
Thats was the main purpose of creating this ROM.
But, some users reported they still cannot send SMS... Currently i have not much details to figure out where is the problem.
So, try my ROM and tell if SMS functions are working for you or not.
- cleaned from bloatware
- better fix for SMS. Now should work without problems with any 3rd party SMS app.
- GO Launcher Ex as a main launcher
- 15 configurable toggles (QuickPanel Settings)
- Circle Battery mod
- Extended Power Menu
- Some tweaks in Recent menu (long click on Home button)
- LGU Hidden menu doesn't require password
- MyPhoneNumber Utility
- Boot/Shutdown animations from SGS3
- some other fixes
This version is still based on UE11 ROM as a stable and well explored by me.
I don't have SHV-E120L anymore (traded it to SHV-E210K), so this is my last ROM for SHV-E120L.
- missed SMS didn't shown on lockscreen
- added correct AMSS and MDM parts to ROM to make sure modem version compatible with ROM version.
- first release.
If you cannot send SMS then it's because your SIM-card has no "my phone number".
Install attached MyPhoneNumber (v6.1 already includes it) utility and write your own number there (starting with +). Number will be saved to your SIM-card and SMS will start to work.
P.P.S.: Some users complain for bad GPS. In case you have this problem, you may download attached GPS fix. Install it through recovery.