1st March 2015, 12:32 PM   |  #6391  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 58

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraNoas

Hi,
I'd like to change the original kernel for the Dorimanx. I just flashed it in recovery but I got bootloop. What's the correct way? (I'd like to keep my ROM (apps, data) intact "only" changing the kernel)
Thanks.

Can't help you much on Dorimanix...I have choosen Apolo kernel which is just perfect !!!
Use it along with an Apolo configurator ( free from Playstore ) which allows you to tweak the kernel ( I mean, choosing the "best" governor/Scheduler....we are several to recommend zzmove/noop or zzmovz/sio ) and boost sound ( which is great because this is a weak point in Samsung phones.
You'll be able to play with BLN or BLNWW to control yr notifications !!!
In my opinion, by far, the best...but I admit, I haven't tested them all

All the best
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zorglub! For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 04:47 PM   |  #6392  
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstudios

Did u install the right dorimanx version (10.44 v008 by cybernetus)?

Thanks for replying.
I installed the version 8.43v76 because I used to have dualboot and it worked fine (KK and JB). It doesn't work with only KK?
(Explaining better: I forgot how to change the kernel without full wipe. When I install a new ROM with full wipe and then install a kernel it works)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorglub!

Can't help you much on Dorimanix...I have choosen Apolo kernel which is just perfect !!!
Use it along with an Apolo configurator ( free from Playstore ) which allows you to tweak the kernel ( I mean, choosing the "best" governor/Scheduler....we are several to recommend zzmove/noop or zzmovz/sio ) and boost sound ( which is great because this is a weak point in Samsung phones.
You'll be able to play with BLN or BLNWW to control yr notifications !!!
In my opinion, by far, the best...but I admit, I haven't tested them all

All the best

Thanks for replying and for the suggestion. I like Dorimanx because the option of reseting the fuel gauge. From time to time the battery behaves werdly and this reset fixes it for a good time (In fact I believe that when I flash a new ROM version this problem begins).
It has been a long time since I updated the ROM, so I tottaly forgot how to change the kernel without full wipe.
1st March 2015, 11:37 PM   |  #6393  
Thanks Meter: 9

46 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for replying.
I installed the version 8.43v76 because I used to have dualboot and it worked fine (KK and JB). It doesn't work with only KK?
(Explaining better: I forgot how to change the kernel without full wipe. When I install a new ROM with full wipe and then install a kernel it works)

Thanks for replying and for the suggestion. I like Dorimanx because the option of reseting the fuel gauge. From time to time the battery behaves werdly and this reset fixes it for a good time (In fact I believe that when I flash a new ROM version this problem begins).
It has been a long time since I updated the ROM, so I tottaly forgot how to change the kernel without full wipe.

You can flash the kernel through recovery, but I would recommend using kernelwipe script by @hawkerpaul, if you have been using a different kernel for any amount of time. You don't need to wipe anything. Dorimanx 10.44v008 has dual-boot also
The Following User Says Thank You to noppy22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2015, 12:03 AM   |  #6394  

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppy22

You can flash the kernel through recovery, but I would recommend using kernelwipe script by @hawkerpaul, if you have been using a different kernel for any amount of time. You don't need to wipe anything. Dorimanx 10.44v008 has dual-boot also

Thank you very much! I've just flashed this version, used the kernelwipe and restored my backup.
2nd March 2015, 12:36 PM   |  #6395  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 58

256 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for replying.

In my opinion, the same way you change recovery...
Grab the kernel u want in zip format, reboot in recov and installe the zip....
shld work ( I did it in my other phone GS4...)
The Following User Says Thank You to zorglub! For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2015, 05:02 PM   |  #6396  

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorglub!

In my opinion, the same way you change recovery...
Grab the kernel u want in zip format, reboot in recov and installe the zip....
shld work ( I did it in my other phone GS4...)

Yes, it worked as you said. I had flashed the wrong version, so the phone got bootloop. Since I flashed the write version and restored the backup, everything is working. Thank you a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiraNoas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:24 AM   |  #6397  
Flag Smederevska Palanka
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizzerACE

I'm with this Rom and Apolo Kernel and I have BLN working ok. Using of course Apolo Configurator.
I think Apolo Kernel is the only that Bln works.

Just tried Apolo_CM.7.1 Regular with configurator, and still no BLN working..BLN is only thing i need from my SGS2 thats realy important
Yesterday, 12:28 PM   |  #6398  
Thanks Meter: 22

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoledtc

Just tried Apolo_CM.7.1 Regular with configurator, and still no BLN working..BLN is only thing i need from my SGS2 thats realy important

I don't know why with you it don't work. I use this since firs time and works very well. For me is very important too.

As you can see this is how it looks. Maybe trying to reflash kernel.
Last edited by FrizzerACE; Yesterday at 12:33 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, best aosp kk rom for samsung galaxy s2 i9100, deodexed, kitkat, neatrom
Previous Thread Next Thread