[ROM] insanity ii cm ics & insanity ii cm jb

OP nitr8

20th April 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #2961  
Thanks Meter: 14

258 posts
You should check BetterBatteryStats..running stock CM9 kernel? undervolting will be a good idea..
20th April 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #2962  
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 623

1,645 posts
I think nitrality is bug-ridden rubbish.

I love the ROM, the CM7 version is the quickest I've ever tried. 67 was pd good too. But I have no problem in saying bad things about the app. I'm obviously not alone. I'll test more thoroughly if details are needed, but others seem to have done it already.

Loving the ROM and hating the app are not mutally imcompatible.
20th April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #2963  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 254

1,253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsgs2

You should check BetterBatteryStats..running stock CM9 kernel? undervolting will be a good idea..

I always do a full wipe, cache wipe, system wipe prior to flashing any rom. Not running stock kernel at the moment but as I said I was using it and it was just as bad. And I'm able to achieve a pretty good undervolt as always and it's the first thing I always do:

825 (if 100MHz is an option)

And yes, when idle the battery use is brilliant. Soon as I switch the screen on and start using it.... the battery just starts disappearing...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to kickassdave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #2964  
Flag Jönköping
Thanks Meter: 38

425 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave

Am I the only person getting pretty shocking battery drain with usage? Auto brightness on, doesn't seem to matter what kernel I try always the same. Tried clearing media thumbnails but also made no difference.

Device is getting a bit hot even when not doing much with screen on (for example I'm typing and listening to Spotify (offline) right now)...

No bugs as such, just battery drain.

Im using insanity 68 together with latest siyah kernel and ive got SICK good batterylife and no heat issues.
20th April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #2965  

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave

I always do a full wipe, cache wipe, system wipe prior to flashing any rom. Not running stock kernel at the moment but as I said I was using it and it was just as bad. And I'm able to achieve a pretty good undervolt as always and it's the first thing I always do:

825 (if 100MHz is an option)

And yes, when idle the battery use is brilliant. Soon as I switch the screen on and start using it.... the battery just starts disappearing...

Try a different kernel just for compare.. remember that battery scale percentage most of the time doesnt display the correct amount of battery remaining... You can have 4h from 90% to 80% and a day from 40% to 30% just because it's not calibrated..
Did you try a full cycle recharge/discharge? im using siyah atm too try that and report...do a reset chip-gauge before go to sleep while in charge

Widgets, BLN, vibration and stuff like that use lots of battery especially if bad-coded
20th April 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #2966  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 254

1,253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsgs2

Try a different kernel just for compare.. remember that battery scale percentage most of the time doesnt display the correct amount of battery remaining... You can have 4h from 90% to 80% and a day from 40% to 30% just because it's not calibrated..
Did you try a full cycle recharge/discharge? im using siyah atm too try that and report...do a reset chip-gauge before go to sleep while in charge

Widgets, BLN, vibration and stuff like that use lots of battery especially if bad-coded

I completely agree with you on all points. Unfortunately your points are not really strengthened in that I flash roms on quite a regular basis and have managed to attain better battery life with numerous other roms. I use 1 widget for calendar display and hate bln so always turn it off. I'm NOT a noob

Just struggling to find out what's draining my battery when not in deep sleep. I'll give betterbatterystats a go. But in the past it didn't help me too much. Thanks for the help anyway.

21st April 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #2967  

258 posts
Well atm (not tested much) i got 1day12h with 50% of my battery with some drops of mobile networks because of bad signal, obviously a normal use wifi, market, some photos, music about 10 mins, sms and calls (no games as far as i remember)...screen has 1h20min atm..

Assuming a linear problem (it's not) my battery lasts a total of 3 days with 3h40m of screen on.. i'm just using fancywidget(useless) and BLN (which actually allow you to save battery since u can see a notification without turning on the screen but just looking @ blinks).

Let's see your value assuming your voltages <=

1200,1100,1000,950,850 mV with VR and lulzactive (which are drainers)
21st April 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #2968  
Thanks Meter: 82

361 posts
More
How many of you with a good battery life have flashed Sammy ICS ROM before flashing insanity?

I've never ever flashed Sammy ICS and I'm curious would it make any difference if I flash Sammy ICS and then insanity.
21st April 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #2969  
Thanks Meter: 15

85 posts
don't worry about battery life , I tried few ics ROM, but fall in love with insanity
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #2970  

258 posts
What u had before insanity doesnt matter... actually the only difference could be the bootloader but as far as we know it has nothing to do with battery..

+1 for nitr8, good screenshots

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread