Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] insanity ii cm ics & insanity ii cm jb

Tip us?
 
noobsgs2
Old
#2961  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 231
Join Date: Jul 2011
You should check BetterBatteryStats..running stock CM9 kernel? undervolting will be a good idea..
 
B3311
Old
#2962  
B3311's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 561
Posts: 1,530
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gelderd End, 1974
I think nitrality is bug-ridden rubbish.

I love the ROM, the CM7 version is the quickest I've ever tried. 67 was pd good too. But I have no problem in saying bad things about the app. I'm obviously not alone. I'll test more thoroughly if details are needed, but others seem to have done it already.

Loving the ROM and hating the app are not mutally imcompatible.
 
kickassdave
Old
#2963  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 1,155
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Kilbride
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsgs2 View Post
You should check BetterBatteryStats..running stock CM9 kernel? undervolting will be a good idea..
I always do a full wipe, cache wipe, system wipe prior to flashing any rom. Not running stock kernel at the moment but as I said I was using it and it was just as bad. And I'm able to achieve a pretty good undervolt as always and it's the first thing I always do:

1150
1075
1025
925
875
825 (if 100MHz is an option)

And yes, when idle the battery use is brilliant. Soon as I switch the screen on and start using it.... the battery just starts disappearing...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to kickassdave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hausmanis
Old
#2964  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 424
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jönköping
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave View Post
Am I the only person getting pretty shocking battery drain with usage? Auto brightness on, doesn't seem to matter what kernel I try always the same. Tried clearing media thumbnails but also made no difference.

Device is getting a bit hot even when not doing much with screen on (for example I'm typing and listening to Spotify (offline) right now)...

No bugs as such, just battery drain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Im using insanity 68 together with latest siyah kernel and ive got SICK good batterylife and no heat issues.
Phone: Galaxy S3
Rom: Null_ 24
Kernel: Latest Siyah (battery profile)
Theme: Unmodded Null_ Samsung Framework
 
noobsgs2
Old
#2965  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 231
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassdave View Post
I always do a full wipe, cache wipe, system wipe prior to flashing any rom. Not running stock kernel at the moment but as I said I was using it and it was just as bad. And I'm able to achieve a pretty good undervolt as always and it's the first thing I always do:

1150
1075
1025
925
875
825 (if 100MHz is an option)

And yes, when idle the battery use is brilliant. Soon as I switch the screen on and start using it.... the battery just starts disappearing...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Try a different kernel just for compare.. remember that battery scale percentage most of the time doesnt display the correct amount of battery remaining... You can have 4h from 90% to 80% and a day from 40% to 30% just because it's not calibrated..
Did you try a full cycle recharge/discharge? im using siyah atm too try that and report...do a reset chip-gauge before go to sleep while in charge

Widgets, BLN, vibration and stuff like that use lots of battery especially if bad-coded
 
kickassdave
Old
#2966  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 1,155
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Kilbride
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsgs2 View Post
Try a different kernel just for compare.. remember that battery scale percentage most of the time doesnt display the correct amount of battery remaining... You can have 4h from 90% to 80% and a day from 40% to 30% just because it's not calibrated..
Did you try a full cycle recharge/discharge? im using siyah atm too try that and report...do a reset chip-gauge before go to sleep while in charge

Widgets, BLN, vibration and stuff like that use lots of battery especially if bad-coded
I completely agree with you on all points. Unfortunately your points are not really strengthened in that I flash roms on quite a regular basis and have managed to attain better battery life with numerous other roms. I use 1 widget for calendar display and hate bln so always turn it off. I'm NOT a noob

Just struggling to find out what's draining my battery when not in deep sleep. I'll give betterbatterystats a go. But in the past it didn't help me too much. Thanks for the help anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
 
noobsgs2
Old
#2967  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 231
Join Date: Jul 2011
Well atm (not tested much) i got 1day12h with 50% of my battery with some drops of mobile networks because of bad signal, obviously a normal use wifi, market, some photos, music about 10 mins, sms and calls (no games as far as i remember)...screen has 1h20min atm..

Assuming a linear problem (it's not) my battery lasts a total of 3 days with 3h40m of screen on.. i'm just using fancywidget(useless) and BLN (which actually allow you to save battery since u can see a notification without turning on the screen but just looking @ blinks).

Let's see your value assuming your voltages <=

1200,1100,1000,950,850 mV with VR and lulzactive (which are drainers)
 
enel_
Old
#2968  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 337
Join Date: Aug 2009
How many of you with a good battery life have flashed Sammy ICS ROM before flashing insanity?

I've never ever flashed Sammy ICS and I'm curious would it make any difference if I flash Sammy ICS and then insanity.
 
darkneill
Old
#2969  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 85
Join Date: Aug 2011
don't worry about battery life , I tried few ics ROM, but fall in love with insanity
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
noobsgs2
Old
#2970  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 231
Join Date: Jul 2011
What u had before insanity doesnt matter... actually the only difference could be the bootloader but as far as we know it has nothing to do with battery..

+1 for nitr8, good screenshots

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes