Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] koud AOSP (Out of support)

Tip us?

GaboWinter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9437
Exclamation Index

Hi, this ROM it's now featured on the renewed index of ROM's from the Original Android Development Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23275441

Any observation please send me a PM

umermajeed
Old
Thanks Meter 21
is the dialer in this rom multi dpi supported or does anyone have a phone apk that i can use with this rom at custom dpi

naddie
Old
(Last edited by naddie; 4th June 2012 at 12:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Thanks for this ROM! Every phone that works with an AOSP based ROM (such as CM9 and AOKP) should have a stock Google experience ROM like this! Stock all the way down to odex optimizations and unrooted. Basically a Nexus experience with much better hardware.

I hope to see this ROM on the SGS3, as well as the other popular phones (HOX and HOS).

I may get the S4 version of the GS3 so here's hoping a port for that as well (Tmo US version).

Thanks again!

BTW, this ROM should be in ROM Manager!
Phones:
Nexus 5 - Stock, unrooted (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747 d2att) - CM 10.2 (T-Mobile)

Tablets:
Asus Nexus 7 WIFI (2013) - Stock unrooted
iPad Air LTE - Stock (T-Mobile)

GuyTechie.com
My YouTube Channel
My Reviews

naddie
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Finally got to flash the ROM. I like it, but was surprise to see the settings button does something unexpected from stock Google Android.

Pity. There isn't a stock Android experience like the Nexus for any other phone besides the Nexus itself.

I was hoping for such a ROM on the S2 (awesome specs) because none of the nexus phones comes close (especially when it comes to the camera).

Still a nice ROM. The "extras" should be an optional add on, though.
Phones:

Tablets:

GuyTechie.com
My YouTube Channel
My Reviews

koudd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by naddie View Post
Finally got to flash the ROM. I like it, but was surprise to see the settings button does something unexpected from stock Google Android.

Pity. There isn't a stock Android experience like the Nexus for any other phone besides the Nexus itself.

I was hoping for such a ROM on the S2 (awesome specs) because none of the nexus phones comes close (especially when it comes to the camera).

Still a nice ROM. The "extras" should be an optional add on, though.
Turned out I missed notification toggles so I included a patch for that, and I also patched camera to have longer delay until it releases focus. Other than that this rom does not contain a lot of patches. When I created this rom there was not a lot of pure aosp roms out, but now there are plenty of roms floating around. Sounds like you want something like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1604366 might be worth a look if you don't want those toggles

naddie
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I have to admit, in a practical sense, I love what you did. But it saddens me that not many truly stock Google experience ROMs out there for more devices.

I'm no developer, so it frustrates me even more that I can't do much about it. I'd like to see a stock Android experience ROM ported to many devices and be distributed and updated easily via ROM manager much like how CM9 is.

I find it akin to a clean install of Windows, OSX, or Ubuntu.

I'll check out the link you provided. Thanks!
Phones:

Tablets:

GuyTechie.com
My YouTube Channel
My Reviews

koudd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by naddie View Post
I have to admit, in a practical sense, I love what you did. But it saddens me that not many truly stock Google experience ROMs out there for more devices.

I'm no developer, so it frustrates me even more that I can't do much about it. I'd like to see a stock Android experience ROM ported to many devices and be distributed and updated easily via ROM manager much like how CM9 is.

I find it akin to a clean install of Windows, OSX, or Ubuntu.

I'll check out the link you provided. Thanks!
Turns out most developers user their phone in a practical sense It is hard to create a "stock" experience since Google bundles proprietary things in their roms ( it is not a 100% AOSP rom, they have close source patches). In the end we need to add HW patches to make it work on sgs2 and from that to add notification toggle seems like a small step (since for me it makes the device more usable in the same way enabling hardware does). I saw you posted in the CBR rom thread, glad you liked it

koudd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
This rom is now out of support, I have removed all download links and there will be no more updates. Maybe in the future I will look into creating a JB rom but for now I have no time or plans on doing that.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe