Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [XXKI3] LeoMar75 Rom Revolution v2.7.1 - Kitchen App

Tip us?

LeoMar75
Old
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 6327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrozk View Post
How did you get the hardware accelerated browser?do you have any tips?
In short..

The IDEA
Quote:
While i was deodexing browser.apk i just looked at the dipendencies with the bootclasspath and i discovered that it has no dependencies with other odexed apps. Keep in mind that if you change a single odex jar file you will fucx up the checksum stored in the dalvik virtual machine.
That said i asked to myself if we really need to change jar file inside framework. The answer is yes because we need overscroll gliw effect and the extended power menu which means that we need to hack android.policy.jar and framework.jar. Ok we can still survive whithout overscroll glow but i wanted the extended power menu. So thanks to jkay i managed to use by modding his app (the original one needs a odexed Rom) and theme, theme settings app in this way it was possible to have a fully customizable power menu.
Following the answer to Overscroll Glow Question rised

Quote:
Hum, it is not possible for now... As i aready explained, this is an "hybrid" ROM with odexed and deodexed file togheter! If i touch android.policy.jar and framework.jar in order to add code for the overscroll glow effect, the browser doesn't works anymore, to be more precised the rom won't boot! This is because there are dependencies among browser.odex and odex jar file inside framework.

An odex file has dependencies on every "BOOTCLASSPATH" file that is loaded when it is generated. The odex file is only valid when used with these exact BOOTCLASSPATH files. dalvik enforces this by storing a checksum of each file that the odex file is dependent on, and ensuring that the checksum for each file matches when the odex file is loaded.

When you try to deodexing an apk if you don't set the bootclasspath (because you don't get any worning or error msg) by default it has these 5 file: core.jar, ext.jar, framework.jar, android.policy.jar and services.jar

However, some apks have dependencies on additional jar or apks files beyond that of the base 5 jars.

While i was deodexing browser.apk i discovered that it has no other dependencies beyond the jar file inside framework!

To sum up browser.odex and the other odex file inside frameworks live togheter and i can't figure out if it will be possible to hack some of them!
Hope it can help!

kawa636r
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I have another question for you..... why f2 modem and not kg1 one?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

LeoMar75
Old
Thanks Meter 6327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa636r View Post

Because i found the KG1 modem is more power consumption (i am not sure if it make sense, i don't know how to say it in english).

Also at least in Italy the KG1 often goes in roming!

If you don't have any problem with the KG1 Modem you can easly flash it back it's up to you!

Testraindrop
Old
Thanks Meter 569
Looks good, I will give your Rom a try.
Really impressive what you achieved with the lockscreen and the browser, but I think I will stay with widgetlocker for now...

kawa636r
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:

Actually i hasn't find a rom that fix the h/3g/h switching listing data packet and freezing apps connection to servers.
Even trying to disable fast dormancy.

I don't know if kg1 will fix all this trouble, but trying it with villainron seems better than kf2. Any advice?

kawa636r
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMar75 View Post
Because i found the KG1 modem is more power consumption
Also at least in Italy the KG1 often goes in roming!
If you don't have any problem with the KG1 Modem you can easly flash it back it's up to you!
Yes, for the power consumption i feel the same. But for the roaming it's strange, because the kg1 has a better calibration of signal strength. What is your operator in Italy? I'm on Tim.

LeoMar75
Old
Thanks Meter 6327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testraindrop View Post
Looks good, I will give your Rom a try.
Really impressive what you achieved with the lockscreen and the browser, but I think I will stay with widgetlocker for now...
Lockscreen is a _JKay_ work! I asked him permission to use and mod his stuff to get all working with my Hybrid Rom!

LeoMar75
Old
Thanks Meter 6327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, for the power consumption i feel the same. But for the roaming it's strange, because the kg1 has a better calibration of signal strength. What is your operator in Italy? I'm on Tim.

My operator in Italy is Wind.

Mr.Greg
Old
Thanks Meter 5434

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for great rom. Browser scrolling is very good. But why i get so low results in benchmarks? Could be because kernel is ..KF2? Thanks in advance

LeoMar75
Old
(Last edited by LeoMar75; 16th July 2011 at 02:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 078gregory View Post
Thanks for great rom. Browser scrolling is very good. But why i get so low results in benchmarks? Could be because kernel is ..KF2? Thanks in advance
First of all use SetCPU and set it accordly as shown in the OP!

Secondly, the anwser is because i am pretty sure you are using Quadrant Benchmark that is just ****ty as hell! It doesn't even support dual cpu!

Try instead Utuntu Benchmark 2011 and Smart Benchmark and you will see the real performance of this ROM!

|EDIT
The Kernel is not KF2

Tags
йо ку, galaxy s2, leomar75, revolution, rom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe