Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 48,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [DISCUSSION] Official CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies [4.4.4] [GT-I9100]

Tip us?

rodaven
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978 View Post
I just checked for you.

The video camera bug (crashing when ending 2nd video recording) is gone from the latest cm11 nightly. I'll upload it then edit this post with a link.

That is the bug you were meaning, yes?

Edit: oh, you said front camera. I'll go try record video with the front cam....... Yeah, that seems to work fine also...
That's not the bug I mean. In old builds of CM when you change from back camera to frontal camera meanwhile you have the video mode active in camera app, but not recording, you experiment a FC that can't be reverted unless you clear camera app data. Same thing happens when you are in frontal camera and change from photo mode to video record mode. That bug was present in old builds of CM, then was fixed. But I'm using AOSPA and it has that old bug, so I want to test replacing CM camera app on AOSP ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S ll I9100 - Android 4.4.2
CyanogenMod 11

knuckles1978
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Tested that too, repeatedly switching between cameras in video mode. Works fine, no FC's.

MrYaniv
Old
(Last edited by MrYaniv; Yesterday at 08:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'm with Snapshot M8 and the battery is sucks.
From 12:30 until 23:00, I'm at work and only less 30min with Data/Wifi on, the screen about 30-50min at low-mid brightness.
Never had any wakelocks but only in this ROM I experienced with wakelocks...
Please help me, even check the time I cant at work because before 18:00 the battery is 0%.
I installed before CM11 the ROM called OMNI ROM and the battery was pretty good but unstable ROM.
One day with a unknown reason I was at 19:25 with 90%, Didn't used in the phone the whole day but now its seems to get to 0% if I didn't touch the phone the whole day.

What can I do to fix it?

knuckles1978
Old
Thanks Meter 266
I'd try doing a full wipe, and reinstalling the ROM. I'm using the latest nightly and my battery life is at least as good as it has ever been..

MrYaniv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When I installed this ROM i did a full wipe+ROMNuke.
Nvm I will try to full wipe again and install the last nightly, will update tomorrow how was the battery life.

knuckles1978
Old
(Last edited by knuckles1978; Yesterday at 08:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 266
Also, try using dorimanx kernel instead of the stock cm one. I'm using dorimanx 10.43v116, which was only released about a week ago, and I'm finding it to be really good. And up until the new version came out, I was using v109, which was also good but I got the odd soft reboot with it. No problems with the new one though.

Always clear cache and dalvik cache after flashing a kernel too.

And dorimanx uses the stweaks app to control kernel features, so grab that too if you're giving the kernel a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to knuckles1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrYaniv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you give me a link for the kernel, I found only v115.
Where can I get the updated kernel and maybe the thread of the kernel.

gijokmr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshan2989 View Post
does anyone know how to change recovery CWM to TWRP..? i just install Rom Installer from Playstore it says "No Available Recoveries' i prefer to use TWRP instead of CWM,btw im using CM11 stock..any suggestion...?
Check out this folder on Box: https://app.box.com/s/q30h0gxql4y7816pha8h
Nexus7

Tags
cyanogenmod 11, discussion, nightlies, offical