[ROM][XWLSW] Omega v24 ●►Final JB 4.1.2◄●Omega Files●►Fully Modded◄●

OP ::indie::

13th April 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #4431  
Thanks Meter: 7

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot

@coljuay -- the titanium backup issue is caused by the titanium backup odex file not being removed during uninstallation /reinstallation or updates. Do a search on your device, delete the odex file and you should be good to go.

Found this when I had the same issue myself, there are quite a few references to it on the net.

thanks a million. used root explorer and found the .odex file within! solved!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

does anybody has the issue of screen being abit unresponsive while charging (using original charger). Seems like I'm getting this after v8 or v9 of ICS omega. It's not very obvious as in, totally unresponsive, but it just misses my touch alittle ONLY when charging. Elsewhere, it's fine.

Any solutions for this? kernel related?
13th April 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #4432  
Thanks Meter: 118

279 posts
Might be kernel related I don't have.this problem

Sent from sgs2 omega v9 b&b with siyah kernel v3.1 beta 3.
13th April 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #4433  
Flag Houston, Texas, USA
Thanks Meter: 379

502 posts
More
Originally Posted by nickmax1
Bhitt, but using the lockscreen gives you no security - if your mobile was stolen anyone could access your phone?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhitt

Yes you're right. Here in Seoul though the likelihood is not that great. If you drop money in the street someone will pick it up and run after you to return it. They have some crime but nothing close to what you see in other parts of the world. So yes it could get stolen but the chance is so remote here that it is worth the risk being able to access that camera so fast.

Also I factor this into my thinking: Because the Koreans are pretty honest in Seoul**, if I lose my phone without security lock on, the finder will more than likely access the phone looking for a way to return it to me. If it is locked I will have less chance of getting it back. Quite different from London or New York or most other places.

**(we won't get into discussing business behaviour )[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarian

Here is AbyssICS version1.7(use CWM)and a sample script and a link how you use:
http://s2tip.blogspot.com/2012/04/ke...ollection.html

I don't find a discussion group on XDA for Abyss. Have I missed it or is there a site where people discuss their experience with Abyss?
13th April 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #4434  
Thanks Meter: 3

64 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooza

The brigthness will waste the battery fast because the screen is constantly working at 100%.If you have CPU Spy you will see this.Its not going to give you a wavelock or anything but if you use the phone a bit a have the screen on quite often then it wont last long at all.Automatic brightness can also affect the battery cos it causes the screen to constantly change itself according to light conditions(personal opinion based on testing).Best to find a tone you like and set it.

i misunderstood me... i have auto brightness on, but i didnt notice any significant difference to the manually regulating brightness...

and what actually bothers me, is manually set minimal brightness.. i was wondering what controls it and can it be set to a lower value?
13th April 2012, 07:31 AM   |  #4435  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,922

1,456 posts
I don't find a discussion group on XDA for Abyss. Have I missed it or is there a site where people discuss their experience with Abyss?[/QUOTE]

Abyss kernel is make by a man from Italy and indeed the man NO post on XDA;he post here:http://www.nonsolosmartphone.it/abys...rnel-t133.html
the kernel is fast and friendly with battery
here is the new version 1.8
Attached Files
File Type: zip AbyssICSkernel18.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.90 MB, 21 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to umarian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #4436  
Flag Houston, Texas, USA
Thanks Meter: 379

502 posts
More
Quote:

I don't find a discussion group on XDA for Abyss. Have I missed it or is there a site where people discuss their experience with Abyss?

Abyss kernel is make by a man from Italy and indeed the man NO post on XDA;he post here:http://www.nonsolosmartphone.it/abys...rnel-t133.html
the kernel is fast and friendly with battery
here is the new version 1.8[/QUOTE]

Strange . . . when I go to that site it appears for a couple of seconds only. Then the page turns blank. I tried 3 times with the same result.
13th April 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #4437  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,922

1,456 posts
For me its work very good;and here its a script you can change default settinngs
Attached Files
File Type: zip S91profile.zip - [Click for QR Code] (575 Bytes, 21 views)
13th April 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #4438  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 253

834 posts
More
Quote:

For me its work very good;and here its a script you can change default settinngs

Great stuff, I may try that at some point, but at the moment (after using siyah for a week or so ) have gone back to Speedmod, it impresses me so much with how well it holds its battery and how quickly it charges. Awesome.
13th April 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #4439  
Flag Pula, Rijeka, Croatia
Thanks Meter: 24

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATN24

anyone can suggest me another modem cuz when I loose signal (even turning off and on airplane mode), signal is still full but cant make/receive a call, have to reboot to make it works.

There is just one simple method - try and check.
Depends from where are you, modem might be better for you or not. To me the best modem is LP4 which is currently in this rom. Before it, the best modem for me was LPQ, and some were saying that KI4 (i think that is the name) is excellent for them.
13th April 2012, 10:22 AM   |  #4440  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Anyone been having trouble with android.process.media?

I did a full wipe into V8 then a V9 upgrade, since reapplied V9, done cache and Dalvik wipes.

My android.process.media goes rogue and grabs an entire CPU quite regularly. Sometimes it force closes after a few seconds of the phone being unresponsive. Sometimes the phone stays responsive but the CPU stays max and battery gets sucked quickly. Can't kill the service either; it just starts up again straight away and has the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jelly bean 4.1.2, omega, omega rom, xwls8
Previous Thread Next Thread